It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

This is a post I entered on another thread, but I'll post it again here just for you. :-)
Back in the early 1970's I looked out the window one night and saw a huge white light in the sky, about the size of a dime if you held it up to the sky. It was really bright. You could tell it wasn't still; it was kind of hovering. As I stood watching it trying to figure out what it was there were 5 or 6 smaller objects that came out of the bottom of the large craft and took off into space! I just stood there with my mouth open. The large object stayed in the same location until I finally got tired of standing there, and went back to the living room. I grew up in the country, so there were no street lights blocking out the night sky.
I continued to see UFOs in the sky after that. They would go in crazy directions, stop, zigzag, and take off from a dead stop to being gone from view in a split second! All these just appeared as a bright round light from a distance, but could have been a different shape up close. Some appeared to flash different colors.
My close encounter was went I was coming home one night after working second shift. I came to this fast food restaurant and remember looking at my watch to see if I had time to go through the drive-through before they closed. It was 10:40 p.m., and they closed at 11:00 p.m. So I pulled into the drive-through lane with 3 cars ahead of me and another behind me. Once I placed my order I pulled up with 2 cars still ahead of me at the serving window. Then I saw something flashing in the sky. I kept watching it, and it got closer, and closer. It was flashing orange/red and green lights. As it approached even closer I could see it was oblong-shaped like a cigar, and flipping end over end. One end had the orange/red light glowing from it, and the other end had the green light. This object made absolutely no noise at all! As it approached just above the tree tops across the road it stopped flipping, and just glided through the air. It came down extremely low, just over the top of the building, and shot down a bright beam that went right beside my car in the parking lot! I noticed no one else seemed to be looking at it so I stuck my head all the way out my window and hollered at the car behind me, "What the hell is that thing?!!" I was so scared I was shaking! No one answered, and actually, everyone seemed to be suspended in time, no one was moving at all! After the light beam passed my car it started slowly flipping again, and then took off into the sky, and was gone in the blink of an eye!
The strange thing that confused me most about this encounter was the fact I lost 20 minutes from the time I saw the UFO until it took off again, which only seemed like maybe 2 or 3 minutes, and the fact that no one else seemed to even notice it, like they were all statues, not moving at all! I still haven't figured this out, but I heard of others losing time when they saw UFOs, and it turned out they were abducted! I won't go that far, but if I was, I don't want to remember it!
the important thing i wanna know is........ did you get your food order

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

Yes.

Thanks.

And thank you for pushing my thread on to page 99! Yhooo Whoo!

Welcome to the thread.

edit on 1/16/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Had a very strange thing happen this morning. I was laying in bed, one side faces the mirror. So I was turned over facing it and I opened my eyes and saw from my waist a ball go up into the air and disappear. It looked like a giant orb!! Usually I see tiny, tiny orbs but this was giant! Like six inches in diameter and transparent white.

Very strange. I have no clue what it was, anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jill89
Had a very strange thing happen this morning. I was laying in bed, one side faces the mirror. So I was turned over facing it and I opened my eyes and saw from my waist a ball go up into the air and disappear. It looked like a giant orb!! Usually I see tiny, tiny orbs but this was giant! Like six inches in diameter and transparent white.

WOW!

Did it scare you? That's really interesting. I haven't heard of any orbs that large either. A giant alien?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless1980

WOW!

Did it scare you? That's really interesting. I haven't heard of any orbs that large either. A giant alien?

Yeah it was really weird. I was spooked so I turned the lights on for a minute. Never had anything like that happen to me. I just don't understand why it was so large.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

What an awesome experience!
Did it look like this?

I caught two orbs one night outside when I, and my friend, Scribe611, were communicating with my neighbor that had passed away recently...

I have no idea who the second orb was.

Orbs are fascinating! Thanks for sharing that, and here is some more info on orbs, for those who would like to read up on the subject:
www.psychicinvestigators.net...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

What an awesome experience!
Did it look like this?

I caught two orbs one night outside when I, and my friend, Scribe611, were communicating with my neighbor that had passed away recently...

I have no idea who the second orb was.

Orbs are fascinating! Thanks for sharing that, and here is some more info on orbs, for those who would like to read up on the subject:
www.psychicinvestigators.net...

It was big like the first one, but I've only ever seen it that big in pictures that's why it was so weird! I usually see something similar to the second one with my own eyes. Very cool pics

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

As we were standing there this big, round, dome-shaped UFO came across the sky just above the roof top of the building where we were standing with a jet fighter on its tail. It was bigger than a house, and had the red, green, and yellow lights flashing around the middle. It wasn't metallic, but appeared to be a pale, almost yellow/tan color. It was going all over the place in the sky to avoid the jet's attack

edit on 1/10/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

Hey Sled735 - long time no see!!! I just had to comment on this post, because the huge UFO you saw in this dream sounds exactly like the one I saw in real life back in the 70s. Same shape, same dome, same colored lights, and mine was at night so the color appeared more dark on the outer rim, then the dome was lighter like the subtle orange shade of a Creamsicle ( for those unfamilar with these, they are orange sherbet/vanilla ice cream bars. The orange on those gets really pale as the vanilla mixes in). Anyway, this UFO of mine was at least the size of a football field across. The orange color looked like those paper bag luminaries you see for fund-raising walks sometimes. Sounds SOOOO much like the one in your dream!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

WOW! That's odd! Maybe my "dream" was real? I had never seen a UFO the color of that one before. Very strange it matches the real one you saw. That's plain freaky!

Good to see you back on the thread, Scribe. Don't be a stranger.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

i would get checked for implants if i were you.
2nd line

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
reply to post by sled735

i would get checked for implants if i were you.
2nd line

I won't say they aren't there. That UFO that paid me a visit at the burger joint (up close) had some kind of interest in me. I just don't know (or remember) what it was.
Maybe this "ship" in my dream is one I've actually seen before... or been on before!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

As we were standing there this big, round, dome-shaped UFO came across the sky just above the roof top of the building where we were standing with a jet fighter on its tail. It was bigger than a house, and had the red, green, and yellow lights flashing around the middle. It wasn't metallic, but appeared to be a pale, almost yellow/tan color. It was going all over the place in the sky to avoid the jet's attack

Hey Sled735 - long time no see!!! I just had to comment on this post, because the huge UFO you saw in this dream sounds exactly like the one I saw in real life back in the 70s. Same shape, same dome, same colored lights, and mine was at night so the color appeared more dark on the outer rim, then the dome was lighter like the subtle orange shade of a Creamsicle ( for those unfamilar with these, they are orange sherbet/vanilla ice cream bars. The orange on those gets really pale as the vanilla mixes in). Anyway, this UFO of mine was at least the size of a football field across. The orange color looked like those paper bag luminaries you see for fund-raising walks sometimes. Sounds SOOOO much like the one in your dream!!!

WOW! What are the odds of that? Sled dreaming of a craft she has never seen before, and you popping up here saying you saw a real one just like it? I don't even know how to label that to research it.

Totally wild Man!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes, Mindless. That's freaky, huh?

Here is a small nugget to pass along...

For those who have been keeping up with the thread, you know about the light flickering at the business across the street from my house.
Well, when I went outside on the porch last night, I had not even had time to sit down, and the light just went completely out. No flickering... just off.
I talked to the spirit, but got no feeling of him trying to communicate back with me. I did think I saw a light shadow move in front of the doors once, but I can't say for sure because when I looked directly at the area where I thought I saw movement, I didn't see it any longer.

The light stayed off the entire time I was on the porch (about 10 minutes) then as soon as I came back inside I looked out, and the light was back on.
It isn't one of those that goes off by itself to cool down, like some street lights. This one stays on all night.

So, there it is. I thought he had moved on because the light hadn't been going on and off in quite some time.
I guess he's back... or something is!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is a message I received from Timical. He gives permission in the message to post this in the thread.

All right then, I suppose either on Thursday or Friday I should be able to clean up what I shared with you and post in your thread. As I said earlier, feel free to do it yourself if you have the spare time.

I told you some time ago that I was going to figure out what that object in the night sky was that happened so long ago and that I would utilize AP as a method to achieve this. I must admit that I have been rather "lazy"/ forgetful.
This past week, however I have been able to remember to attempt this feat. When I do, heavy footsteps are heard constantly, and random items have begun shifting randomly around the house.
In one particular instance, just last Saturday I believe, I heard an object fall to the floor in the kitchen whilst attempting AP.
Determined to not let this stop me, I continued with what I was doing. A minute passed, and suddenly something is getting moved around.
The following day I asked my wife if anything was out of place, but she said she had not noticed. I somewhat wish I had gotten up at the time to check, but I "knew" it was just to get me to stop.

Now let me get back to what happened...
After all the noise and with both eyes shut, I saw a bright red flash from my right that honestly made me question whether or not my eyes were really closed. They were.
Shortly after, I saw an opening (it is the only way I can think to describe it) that had blueish white light shining down from overhead and slightly to the left with a creature before me. The creature was centered in front me. It had curled horns, black eyes, and red Iris in the eyes.
The iris's were not human like, nor lizard like, just different. I got the impression he was just waiting. He seemed so familiar.
The weird thing is that this "vision" was much clearer than when something is pictured in the mind, so I do not know what to make of it. I would love to believe that I had a small breakthrough, but I doubt it.
Anyways, since the light came from the upper left, and having you warn me of things that come from the left, I promptly ended my session.
Oh yeah, the creature was like freshly fallen snow.

Thanks for your message, Timical.

edit on 1/18/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

That's about all I remember of that dream, except I have been to this area in my dreams before, several times, but it isn't a place I have been in real life.

It was really neat (showing my age) to dream about UFOs. I haven't had a dream like that in many, many years!
And I also wonder if this place in my dreams is somewhere I'll be in the future, or was I there in a past life?

I've dreamed about being on top of a mountain looking way down into a wooded valley, and I've seen the same mountain top and valley while meditating once. When I was meditating, I noticed I was dressed like a mountain man from the 1800s, complete with a long scruffy beard (I'm female, so it's odd for me to have a beard... and I even remember it being salt & pepper, so I'm an old mountain man!). Funny thing was, the orange cat I have now was with me, only he was a huge creamy orange colored mountain lion. I pause to look down the valley and he walks on past me, and without bending at all I reach down and pat his side as he goes by. I've never been to this place, so I too have seen places in dreams or meditation that I've not been to in this life... I wonder too if this could be a life I've not lived yet, or maybe a past life memory? Interesting that we've both done this!

I also had some thoughts about your dream as I was reading it. Stopping at a store and your sister going in - maybe this represents her looking for (or focusing on) the things necessary for day to day life, while you needed to stretch your legs, or stretch yourself, and look to the sky. Maybe your friend in the car has the same yearnings, so neither one of you are afraid by seeing the UFOs, and you are the link between those who know and those who have not seen all along and may be terrified once they (UFOs) become known openly by the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

Interesting analogy, Scribe. Maybe you're right. Thanks for that.

Going back to places in dreams that are familiar, but not in real life, is weird too. I can't help but feel I'll see this place someday during my life. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one having these experiences.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

To Timical,

Did it look anything like this, (add the horns):

I don't think I could ever have an OBE if I had to get past something like that. Most people I've read about have encountered some kind of scary creature at the beginning.
I would really like to have one, but if I have to meet up with something like this...No thanks! I'll just stick around here for awhile.

I appreciate you allowing Sled to share your experience with us.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hello everyone, i have been lurking around here for about 6 years. Finally signed up last month.

I am fairly open minded when it comes to the 'paranormal'. I feel it is neither proved nor disproved despite my own personal experiences. Despite my best efforts i still have a huge afinity towards it which i just can't shake. Explanations from either the scientific or religious side will be appreciated (despite me believing they walk hand in hand)

Experience numero uno - When i was around 8-9 years old i lived in a bungalow that seemed to have a 'feeling' to it, both me and my brother agreed on the notion that it felt weird. One morning before i was about to set off to school i was in the kitchen (imagine a kitchen open plan that led straight into a conservatory) eating my breakfast. Either side of the conservatory we had 2 wash basins. Now, whilst eating my breakfast (weetabix for the record) i had this magnetic attraction towards the conservatory. For some reason i couldn't take my eyes off it. I 'felt' something was about to happen, then without any notice, i witnessed a hankerchief jump out of one basin, fly across the conservatory, straight into the other one. Needless to say being young, i cacked myself and ran. haha. To this day i cannot think of any reasonable explanation.

Experience Two - This happened 3 years ago when i lived with my parents in a completely different house to the previous story (whom still live at this current address), i was sat on the laptop around 4am as i had become nocturnal due to being unemployed at the time, and witnessed a small cloud of smoke come out of the wall, and very slowly cross the room and dissapear into the other wall. Now this could be de-bunked in a number of ways. But the strange thing is, i never told anyone who lived in that house that story but yet these events followed -

My Mother was cleaning the room in the heat of summer as we were all outside and when wiping the marble fireplace felt a 'tug' on her ponytail to the point she felt her hair follicules strained afterwards. She thought it was me but like i said, we were ALL in the garden.

My younger sister could never sleep in her own bed, and so my dad switched beds with her. when he was sat upright reading in her bed, the bed started shaking, and then he described "It felt like something grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me violently for a few seconds" Now my dad is a level headed guy, strict but fair, down to earth, straight to the point. Powerhouse strong as an ox and the only person i fear Yet he said he even got scared.

Again another instance of when my sister swapped beds with him so she could sleep, when he asked her what her reason was "They won't shut up and keep talking". This was way before he experienced the bed shaking so thought nothing of it but dreaming.

Now the weirdest freakiest experience that to this day i cannot explain, and actually had me worrying for my sister is this.I was stood in the kitchen ready to take my girlfriend home . While we were putting our shoes on my mobile phone started ringing on a witheld number. When i answered i heard a mismatch of words, a completely different tongue which i would never be able to understand, it went on for around 30 seconds as i just stood listening but at the same time a little freaked (as my girlfriend could tell by my face), now when whatever it was finished saying what it was saying, it was followed by intense deep breathing for about 5 seconds. Then hung up.

I am 26 and haven't lived with my parents for a while, yet this went on over the space of a year so it was spread out. My younger brother hated the thought of the words 'demon' 'ghost' 'angels'. So i said to him to just walk around asking whatever it is to leave. He wouldn't dare so i did. Since i did nothing at all has happened. But to this day when i visit, i still get an un-nerving feeling upstairs in that house.

Any ideas of proposed explanations?

Thanks,

ElvisJesus

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ElvisJesus

Welcome to the thread, EJ.

Those are some awesome experiences! Thank you for sharing them here.

Sounds like some earthbound spirits hanging around. That handkerchief story was wild!!
Talk about freaking a kid out!

I really don't have any religious or scientific explanation for you. I think the paranormal is something that can't be explained by either, or at least they refuse to accept it as fact to even try explaining it.

I never did understand why religions say there is no such things as ghosts, when the Bible speaks of spirits all throughout it. It talks about the body "giving up the ghost", etc.

All I can say is, you have had some fantastic experiences that most people don't. I hope you will continue not having any more problems with them.

Thanks!

edit on 1/19/2013 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ElvisJesus

I have changed my mind. I don't think this is an earthbound spirit. I think you have a demon terrorizing your sister.

The only way to get rid of a demon is to get a priest, or a demonologist to come to the house. You may be able to make things slow down for awhile, but you won't be able to get rid of it yourself without help from one of these.

Good luck to you. Let us know if you have any more experiences.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join