It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

To Timical,

I forgot to respond to your message on the thread, although I did respond in a reply message to you.

This is very freaky!

As Mindless1980 said, most people encounter some kind of scary creature at the beginning of an OBE. I remember Alfred2012 saying if we approach "it" with curiosity instead of fear, it will go away.

I have also read something from another member recently that said if you go up to it and try to hug it with love, it will disappear.
And again, I have heard some say to mention Jesus is your protector, and you are stronger than it. This will also make it leave.
I'm in no hurry to find out if they are correct for myself!
I don't think I could ever NOT show fear if I saw something like that!

That was an amazing incident, Timical. If you continue trying this, please say a prayer of protection first. I would hate for you to be possessed while opening this doorway.

If you try again, please keep us updated on your progress.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Anyone else have anything to add? Has anyone ever had an OBE they could share and give some feedback or advice to Timical?
edit on 1/19/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
OMG!!!!!!! I just hit my goal of 100 pages! I DID IT!!!! AND IT WAS MY POST!

I want to thank everyone who has participated in this thread! Everyone has shared the most amazing experiences I have ever read anywhere! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you again.

Now, I will no longer be promoting this thread unless it is to reference a post someone made that I want to mention in another thread.

You are free to continue telling your stories, if you wish. However, I may, or may not be replying. I think I may close my account, or at least take a break from ATS.

Have a good year Everyone!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
im not sure if this is paranormal or not but i created an account here just to see if anyone has any idea whats going on...

i call it accidental telekinesis.

many times throughout my life i have noticed some objects move very subtly, im not talking about the crazy objects flying and crashing against the wall kind of thing, no. simply objects move or "slide" is more appropriate maybe about 4-5 inches in a specific direction. many times i would ignore it chalking it up to the wind or my mind playing tricks on me. but lately ive been paying attention and there seems to be more to this.

for example im in my room and i noticed out of the corner of my eye something moving, then i realized it was the string that is used to open and close the shades, starts to swing left and right in a "metronome" motion. this scared the crap out of me because the a/c wasnt turned on and the window was closed. it just randomly started swinging, not a little bit but quite a bit. i got off my bed and went to examine the moving string, i even tried to replicate how it might have started moving on its own. i came to the conclusion that the heat from the sunlight might have warped the plastic shades and that caused the string to move...

another time, and this is one of the ones i cant explain. i was looking at myself in the mirror while i was applying some deodorant. and suddenly my cologne bottle slides off about 5 inches to my left. my house isnt haunted there are no other unexplained phenomenon going on, and the objects moving doesn't even happen all that often, but this last thing that happened to me recently about 3 days ago proves to me that it isnt the house thats haunted.

i was at a restaurant with my wife waiting to be served. my wife was telling me a story and i was looking at her, but out of the corner of my eye i start to see something move. at this point i ignore my wife and look to my left and see my straw is moving on the table. the weird part is that my straw and my wife's straw were both together paralleled to each other however only my straw started to move. then suddenly after about 1 second of looking at it, it stopped moving. immediately i looked up to see if there were any air vents above me or any fans, but there wasn't anything. i even got close to the straw and started breathing heavily to see if my breath was moving it, but nothing happened.

i have come to the conclusion that there must be some untapped ability of the human mind, to manipulate matter.

my question is, why is it that when i try to make something move with my mind deliberately it doesn't. but when im not even trying or wanting to do it, the objects move?

does anyone have a theory or idea as to why this is happening? i hope someone reads this

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Here is my experience with channeling...

When I was in my early twenties I was driving down a country two-lane road when I came upon an extremely sharp curve. As I approached the curve I heard a voice in my head saying, "STOP!" I was startled, and wondered where that voice came from, and if I really heard it. Again the voice said, "Pull over off the road as far as you can, and STOP!!" The voice was so demanding, I obeyed. Just as I got over in the grass and sat there for a couple of seconds wondering if I was "losing it", a big dump truck came around the curve on my side of the road! If I hadn't pulled off the road I would have been hit head-on, and probably killed! I about went into shock. I pulled back onto the road and stopped at the first available place (a country store) to compose myself!
I have rarely, actually heard a voice in my head like I did that time since that experience, but I get extremely strong feelings (for lack of a better way to describe it) sometimes, and I know when it's someone from the other side speaking to me, or just my own thoughts.

Wow, have you ever told this story on Coast to Coast AM? It seems so familiar. I swear I heard it on there once.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

I'm not Sled, and I don't know if she will back, but it sounds like telekinesis to me. I don't understand why it would be happening "accidently". That's very interesting.

Have you done any research into this to see what's causing it to happen without you trying? There should be a lot of psychic/mediums that could help you by doing a search on google, or something.

I hope you get it figured out.

I want to thank you for responding to my request... I mean, I suppose you responded to my request, right?
If not, then I'll speak for Sled and say, thanks for stopping by, and welcome to the thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

You may have seen this story posted on another thread. I remember reading it here a couple of times in other threads. I'm sure she would have mentioned being on Coast to Coast, but she hasn't. I hope people aren't stealing her stories to tell on there!

Thank you for posting.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
OMG!!!!!!! I just hit my goal of 100 pages! I DID IT!!!! AND IT WAS MY POST!

I want to thank everyone who has participated in this thread! Everyone has shared the most amazing experiences I have ever read anywhere! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you again.

Now, I will no longer be promoting this thread unless it is to reference a post someone made that I want to mention in another thread.

You are free to continue telling your stories, if you wish. However, I may, or may not be replying. I think I may close my account, or at least take a break from ATS.

Have a good year Everyone!!!

Sled!!!!! NO,NO,NO! Don't leave us!
Congratulations on hitting your goal, but that doesn't mean you have to stop here, right?

Please come back!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Thank you, Mindless. I appreciate you being a fan and trying to continue the thread by making your own.
(I see a Mod sent people back to this thread. Thanks for trying.)

I doubt I will be responding too much here, but I thank all those who continue to post.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

No, I have never been on Coast to Coast radio. I have read other similar stories on other threads, and I have told mine on other threads. Maybe you are thinking of that?
If I thought someone was using my stories, I would have to sue! Do you recall when you thought you heard this?
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

I'm sorry I can't help you figure this out. I have no knowledge to offer advice in this area.

Mindless gave some good advice about finding a psychic/medium to help you figure out what's going on.

Good luck to you, and thanks for posting in my thread.

Any psychics/mediums lurking that can answer EnoEht's questions?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Before I stop posting I would like to direct Timical to this thread about astral projection...
I hope it will give you more insight into accomplishing your goal. :-)

And please continue to post your stories here. I'll see them, and since it's you, I'll even respond. :-)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

yea i came across this thread thanks to you.

i was just worried that no one would have seen my post.

thanks for the advice, but to be honest im kind of scared to ask any mediums for help, i dont really want to open a door to something i dont understand. to be honest i have tried before to move objects on purpose but to no avail. it just creeps me out when it happens suddenly.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I appreciate the effort, i haven't really gone to anyone for any "professional" advice, and i have looked up the subject in other places and the people usually get ridiculed.

since this phenomenon doesn't really interfere with my life in any way, i think ill just live with it..

its very scary/exciting when it does happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

Hi EnoEht - I like your term "accidental telekinesis." It reminds me of something I've heard when people are trying to learn to see auras, and I can verify because it's happened to me once. I was barely listening to our boss telling us about a "re-organization" of our department that was affecting everyone but two of us - me and one co-worker. The whole group was rounded up in a conference room with white dry-erase boards hanging at the front. My boss was backed up against the white boards, and I was looking his way but my mind was wandering, because we had heard about the details earlier and I knew this wasn't affecting me. Anyway, I suddenly became aware of a brownish shadow around him, which grew taller at his head and waved like slow-motion brown flames. My attention shifted to it and it went away. I had to try what I'd heard about doing when trying to see auras - you have to try and relax your vision enough so you lose focus, and you're not looking directly at the shadow. It took a few tries but I finally got used to this, and when I looked just past him over his shoulder and relaxed my eyes enough, the shadow was there. I wonder if it's kind of like your moving objects... if you focus directly on it it's not going to work, but if you're ever so slightly relaxing your focus, you'll notice it or start it off, perhaps. Maybe you have to enter that "twilight zone" sort of feeling to access the state of mind that allows it to happen. Kind of like when you meditate and get that feeling of slipping off into neverland... or at least that's how it feels to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

That's interesting, Scribe611.

I'm glad to see other members are sharing, to keep this thread alive.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611
reply to post by EnoEht

Hi EnoEht - I like your term "accidental telekinesis." It reminds me of something I've heard when people are trying to learn to see auras, and I can verify because it's happened to me once. I was barely listening to our boss telling us about a "re-organization" of our department that was affecting everyone but two of us - me and one co-worker. The whole group was rounded up in a conference room with white dry-erase boards hanging at the front. My boss was backed up against the white boards, and I was looking his way but my mind was wandering, because we had heard about the details earlier and I knew this wasn't affecting me. Anyway, I suddenly became aware of a brownish shadow around him, which grew taller at his head and waved like slow-motion brown flames. My attention shifted to it and it went away. I had to try what I'd heard about doing when trying to see auras - you have to try and relax your vision enough so you lose focus, and you're not looking directly at the shadow. It took a few tries but I finally got used to this, and when I looked just past him over his shoulder and relaxed my eyes enough, the shadow was there. I wonder if it's kind of like your moving objects... if you focus directly on it it's not going to work, but if you're ever so slightly relaxing your focus, you'll notice it or start it off, perhaps. Maybe you have to enter that "twilight zone" sort of feeling to access the state of mind that allows it to happen. Kind of like when you meditate and get that feeling of slipping off into neverland... or at least that's how it feels to me.

now that i think of it, i was in a bit of a "trance" or twilight zone, my wife just kept talking and talking about her job and it was one of those instances where you are "looking" at a person but you aren't listening to them...and thats when i noticed "hey look my straw is moving by itself" suddenly when i "came to" it stopped. now the trick is to learning how to develop this phenomenon.

also i know exactly what you said about auras, its only when you slip off into that hypnotic like state, thats when you start to look at the person without actually looking at them, is this the illusive "third eye" ?

since we are talking about these kind of things, i can also see the wind if i focus hard enough and for some reason i thought everyone else could see what i see, literally until a couple of days ago i asked my wife if when the lights turn off if she sees everything "grainy" kind of like when the T.V is in one of the "static" or "white noise" channels...thats how i see everything, i do wear glasses and have consulted some eye doctors and they say i have the average vision impairment, nothing out of the ordinary, but they cant explain, the "grain" vision.

its almost like seeing space? i think....not outer space, but actual space as in "empty" space in a room...its hard to explain, but its everywhere i dont even need to focus that hard, its all over our hands and faces, and every now and then i can see minuscule flashes of light or electricity almost like a tiny grain of sand explodes.

and when i see the wind or air...it looks like tiny see through rice grains but about the size of a red blood cell, and they flow in a certain pattern, they are very uniform but some "flow" to the left some to the right or above each other,almost like a river of tiny see through rice grains.

sometimes truth is stranger than fiction

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So then good person, I suppose I am due for a response.

The picture you posted does bear a slight resemblance. Now here are some details that were left out due to at the time of me writing that to Sled735, I was in a rush (good job cleaning that up by the way). The face of the creature looked exactly like a samurai warriors face piece, but with the mouth closed. The red iris were in the shape of a triangle. The horns of the creature were what I was referring to as resembling freshly fallen snow (it was just beautiful). The rest of its body was hard to see due to a detail I had left out. Also, I do not know why, but the fact that it felt like I was in an opening seems very significant to me. The best I can clarify this is that the place in which I was standing was very open yet at the same time was contained. However, the area did not feel contained by any conventional method. Try to think of it like a country. It has a vast amount of room/land but at the same time you know that there is a "border". Sorry if this is hard to understand. Also, it felt as though it was layered. As though there was an area above and an area below, both of which I did not visit but just somehow felt that they were there. Now for the detail I left out.

A few days ago I had some spare time before hitting the sack and figured, "What a perfect time for a scary movie." So I then decided to watch the movie Insidious, which by the way I have seen before but did not exactly care for it if you know what I mean. As to why I picked that movie, who knows, but I saw something that still bugs me and that is why I am here to share it.

The one detail that I had left out, but was reminded of by the movie, was the fog. It was hard to see the rest of the creatures body due to an excess amount of fog where I was. In the movie, towards the end, the father AP's and leaves his house in search for his son. Upon leaving the house, he encounters a vast amount of fog; however, in the movie it was very dark and he had to carry a lantern with him to help light his way. What was experienced was in fact very foggy but at the same time very well light. In addition to this, directly behind the creature the fog was very dark (I assume this is relevant). So anyways, I saw that part in the movie and it just blew my mind and I knew I had to share it.

As for the creature itself, fear was irrelevant. I have a very strong opinion of fear, and because of this it is rare for me to be afraid. I was filled more so with curiosity as I mentioned earlier, this creature felt familiar. I wanted to know why, but after looking at it and then where the light source was coming from, I recalled the advice of something coming from the left is something to be cautious of. I left shortly after, but not due to fear. It is hard to explain but I am sure you can understand by this point what I am getting at. Well that is all I have to share on the subject, and I am grateful for the feedback.

Now, I suppose I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread.... so I should be around from time to time to play catch up and be able to start commenting.

Oh by the way, I am glad so see certain people back on the thread i.e. Scribe611 and some others that have taken my interests. Welcome to all others and I hope you have a wonderful upcoming week, Tim.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Hi, Timical,

I told you if you continued to post here I would respond, so here I am.

But... I don't know how to respond to that except to say, "Awesome vision, or visitation!"

I do hope you will continue coming back to share your experiences here anytime you have something. I do want to stay in touch with you, and keep up with what's happening in your life on the paranormal realm.

Have you tried to A/P any more since then?

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you have a good week.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Thank you for that warm greeting.
And thank you for coming back to respond to my post.

You really do have some interesting experiences! That's a weird thing to see!

I hope you, and others, will continue using this thread to post your stories.

I tried to start a new thread about the paranormal, but the mods sent people back here. I was hoping to get a more recent thread started so people would see it. Oh well, I tried.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sled, it is good to see you back here. I hope you won't stop posting. I really hate to see this thread die.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

Speaking of wind,last year my partner and I went to bed and after 5 minutes of chatting on a dead calm still night a gust of wind(narrow isolated gust) blew through my window raising the curtain in the room nearly a meter in height.Truly bizarre we both said WTF! there is no wind out there! It seemed to come from afar and the night remained dead calm after that solitary gust! Any ideas what it could be?

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join