It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

If that's the case, Casenately, why do we see you in EVERY SINGLE Iran thread?

Don't you have something else to focus on?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have to say, I think the force feeding is on the other end of the spectrum. I have never met a Muslim who tried to convert me, harass me, judge me, etc....I really don't even care for them, but I have no beef with them either.

As far as IED´s, well bring our troops home and they will use them on each other if anyone at all.

Why are we there again?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

another example of the tolerance of Iran!

I love how people scream at the US , but dont seem to mind ANYTHING that these people do.

Its always someone elses fault, or the US fault, or Israel....

This country has clear human rights issues, but somehow they get a free pass with the world and get to play the "victim" card at every turn....

Even while they will execute someone for their religious beliefs..........

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I am taking back my places of interest. I will provide the other side to an argument I think is unbalanced and unjust. I don't like to see my people being lied to so as to convince them that Iraq 2 is OK. Not in my name or my peoples

edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Alright everybody calm down. Let's gather around a campfire and stone a Rape victim...

I mean, sing kumbaya

link   
It's simply ok because it's the law of the land - even if that law is unjust?

Why do so many complain about excessive police brutality in the US (tazing unnecessarily, etc - which is excessive and should be complained about), yet say "it's ok" to whatever happens in Iran?

link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by beezzer

I have to say, I think the force feeding is on the other end of the spectrum. I have never met a Muslim who tried to convert me, harass me, judge me, etc....I really don't even care for them, but I have no beef with them either.

As far as IED´s, well bring our troops home and they will use them on each other if anyone at all.

Why are we there again?

I've never met any that wished to convert me either.

Knew of some that wanted to kill me, but hey, some just don't get my charming smile.

If we're going to condemn a country for acts, as seen every day about America, any country in Europe, then we should hold the same level of scrutiny to those countries that seem favoured here on ATS.

link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I like to speak about what is my business. My country, my opinion, about my home and what I want to see it become. That is to be expected. I live here. I have to talk about what I think would make it better. I don't even care about Iran, my country is turning into a dictatorship and a poor nation. That is more important to me. Just saying. You don't think so. What are your priorities?

link   
Sounds like the christians getting that persecution they've all been waiting for.

Atleast his congregation will be happy hes in the imaginary place called heaven.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ffman
It's simply ok because it's the law of the land - even if that law is unjust?

Why do so many complain about excessive police brutality in the US (tazing unnecessarily, etc - which is excessive and should be complained about), yet say "it's ok" to whatever happens in Iran?

No one is justifying it or saying it is ok, BUT what if France came to the US to change your laws or Autralia or Russia, China etc etc... Correct, it's none of their business, it's for the people of that country to change the laws and decide who governs them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

I am not the topic of this thread. My personal life and how I spend my time (and why I spend it that way) is none of your business. And if you had bothered to check my posting history, you would have saved yourself looking silly trying to claim that I'm somehow obsessed with Iran.

I like to speak about what is my business.

Then quit asking personal questions and get on topic.

Side Note ... I'm very glad that the international community didn't just sit back and 'mind their own business' when South Africa was practicing Apartheid. I'm glad they discussed it. I'm glad they boycotted South Africa until they changed. I'm glad Nelson Mandela was freed from from prison because of it. Too bad he was in prison 27 years. I guess a lot of people were too busy 'minding their own business' to want to talk about his unjust imprisonment.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Unfortunatly, we do not have a credible source to find out what is really going on here.

Youcef Nadarkhani and his lawyers are saying that he is being charged with apostasy, grabbing onto sympathy from western media and religious groups.

Iran itself says that he was actually charged with rape and being a member of the anti-Iran Zionist movement (Note: this is important as it shows that Zionism does not equal Jew). They also claim that the western media outlets have conveniently manipulated their coverage for political purposes, which we all know the MSM likes to do.

So until we can find a credible source to find out what is really going on, we should reserve judgement. Sadly, FoxNews is not a credible source and should not be believed without proper sourcing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

He was a spy, but your mass media news, just tell you that he was a innocent priest...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

There are no more charges. The verdict is in. The VERDICT was apostasy ... not rape or spying or anything else. They tried to get him to convert to Islam and he refused. In the end it was all about religion .. nothing else.

As for other sources -

Christian Post
Black Christian News

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Here's how the news started.

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani has received the death penalty because of his alleged conversion from Islam to Christianity, although he insists he was never a Muslim.

Jordan Sekulow of the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) tells OneNewsNow that during his 863 days of imprisonment, Nadarkhani has been pressured to recant his faith or admit that Mohammed is a prophet. But he has refused to do so (see earlier story). "We have word out of Iran -- and we've confirmed this with as many sources as possible because Iran doesn't even necessarily tell the attorney, doesn't necessarily tell the family, and it's not a public execution, so there's not [an] automatic right of appeal or public appeal -- that the execution orders have been issued," Sekulow reports.

www.onenewsnow.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Do you have a source that can produce the actual documentation that states exactly what he has been charged with?

If not, how do you know that these "western media" sources you link to are not biased by their Christian faith or their political ideologies as Iran claims?

Fact is, you can't prove what he has been charged with and blindly accept what you are being told. Your sources are crap!

Is it possible he was charged for not converting to Islam? Yes. Is it also possible he was charged with anti-government Zionist actions and rape? Yes

Can you prove which is correct? If not, why pass judgement until you know the truth?

edit on 22-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The sources are 'crap' as far as you are concerned?? (cuz' they don't agree with your poltiical correct attitude towards Iran perhaps??) Okay .. you don't believe his legal team when they say they lost the case and their client has been sentenced to death for apostasy? Fine. Don't believe them. I'm not going to go get on an airplane and fly to Iran and interview them.

We used to have balanced and productive conversations here.

You have been registered all of 6 weeks.
How could you have had any conversations here in the 'used to' range?

edit on 2/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join