It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
I don't see the point in bashing on them. You seem to really hate Iran.....who cares.....

Okay ... sure ... we can all stop talking about the evil things that happen in Iran ...
because it isn't politically correct to do so. Okay ... everyone put your heads in the sand ....

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
In their law he is guilty... yep, still sucks but if you break the rules you're going to get punished.

Actually, their own court showed that he didn't break the law.
He was never an adult practicing Muslm before he became a Christian.
Their own trial over there proved that.
But he's being put to death for becoming a Christian anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Correct, if Iran does't want Christianity, who are you to enforce it on them?

Why can't you get that? It's not your place to say what another country chooses to do

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I don't see the point in bashing on them. You seem to really hate Iran.....who cares.....

Okay ... sure ... we can all stop talking about the evil things that happen in Iran ...
because it isn't politically correct to do so. Okay ... everyone put your heads in the sand ....

In their law he is guilty... yep, still sucks but if you break the rules you're going to get punished.

Actually, their own court showed that he didn't break the law.
He was never an adult practicing Muslm before he became a Christian.
Their own trial over there proved that.
But he's being put to death for becoming a Christian anyways.
Well we are talking about it... you just don't agree with our answers, that doesn't mean we're burying our head in the sand, it's us putting to you another point of view.. imagine that!! Another point of view different to your own... well I never, what is this world coming too? tsk

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Why can't you get that? It's not your place to say what another country chooses to do

I think it's Flyers Fan's place as a fellow human being, after all countries are just lines on a map.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

if Iran does't want Christianity, who are you to enforce it on them?

Where did I say that I'm enforcing Christianity upon them? No where.
Their own laws say that someone can be Christian if they were born that way.
This person didn't break the law.
The law says that an adult muslim can not convert to Christianity.
He did not convert as an adult, but as a youth.
Therefore, he didn't break their law. But they are killing him off anyways.

I already said they can do with their country what they want. But since you bring it up .. I guess the entire world should ignore when these things come up. (unless it comes up in the USA, then it can be a free for all against the USA, right?). We should all ignore these things and not discuss them and not expose them ... afterall ... (example) it was none of our business about Apartheid in South Africa too. Guess the world screwed up by talking about what was happening and banding together and boycotting South Africa until it changed it's policies ... Guess they should go back to apartheid .. afterall .. it was non one's business how they ran their country and we had no business boycotting or even talking about it. Right?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

I think it's Flyers Fan's place as a fellow human being, after all countries are just lines on a map.
So I can come to your house and insist that you do something you dislike under pain of death because it is my place as a fellow human being to enforce MY moral on to you?

Madness, mankind truely is doomed lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I don't get it though....why Iran...I am the most un politically correct person I know...the things I say.....hahahaha

I am just trying to understand the hate? Why do you care soooooo much. I just don't get it. do you go ape..isht over the Koreas, tribes that kill their young because they can't feed them, or voo doo because it kills roosters for their blood. After a while, I just wonder, are you doing this with ALL your time. If so, you waste allot of it.

Are you happy?

Does this help?

Wouldn't another activity make you happy?

Do you not want to dedicate your time and energy to your personal advancement?

does judging another country actually benefit you, or us?
edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well we are talking about it... you just don't agree with our answers,

Isn't your 'answer' to ignore it?

Another point of view different to your own... well I never,

Look in the mirror bud ...

So I can come to your house and insist that you do something you dislike under pain of death because it is my place as a fellow human being to enforce MY moral on to you?

And where exactly am I saying to go to Iran and force them .. under pain of death ... to allow Christians to live? I never said anything even remotely like that. Your example ... EPIC FAIL.

My god ... the Iranian apologists sure don't like people discussing what really happens inside Iran.
It's like ... if we discuss what is really going on then their political correctness cover will be blown.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

You do understand that the Theocracy in Iran is a Dictatorship and the President is a figurehead correct? The citizens are prisoners to that Theocracy. It's not the people of Iran doing this.

They are not free. To turn a blind eye to evil is the same as being part of it. In Iran what they believe is forced on them under threat of death as this so clearly illustrates.

Speaking out against evil acts is not wrong. Trying to divert the argument by pretending it's about something else is very dishonest and revealing. A People living under a Theocratic Dictatorship have no choice.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
From what I've read a month or 2 ago, this guy wasn't on trial for being a christian but he was on trial for being a spy for the west. This is what I've read from a few Iranian sources.

Of course it doesn't hurt to get the christians in an uproar so they will want to bomb Iran too.

Keep in mind, in Israel you go to prison for giving a bible to a jew.
edit on 22-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am just trying to understand the hate?

So according to you ... Iran trumps up charges against an innocent person and the fact that we are discussing this current event that is happening inside Iran somehow means that I am the bad guy full of hate? Not the people telling lies about an innocent person. Not the executioner/murderers of the innocent. But me ... I'm supposedly the one that hates. Oh .. that's rich.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Madness, mankind truely is doomed lol

Not really if you see one of my previous post referring to the insanity of religions demanding killing should be disbanded. Or gotten rid of. I am just saying any one any where should be free to believe in whatever makes them happy as long as it doesn't involve killing, or personally harming others. Any religion that can't adhere to that ideology should be not allowed. After all it is us humans that live here on this planet not gods or anything else. I know all of this is subject to interpretation as they are my beliefs but a planet inhabited by humans should be governed by humans. If we are ever to evolve we need to get past the nonsense of my god can kick your gods ass.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Who are you to speak for the people of Iran? How do you know they want to live under a Theocratic Dictatorship?

Nobody is even suggesting forcing anything on them to begin with? You seem to have invented that out of thin air?

Why are you engaging in propaganda for the Iranian Theocracy. You part of it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

If I may,
we get force-fed on a daily basis how innocent islam/muslims/Iran is, in relation to the US. We're told/scolded to be more open-minded, to be more understanding, to (coin a phrase) turn the other cheek.

Yet Iran continues to supply IED's to terrorist organizations, to conduct these brutal killings all in the name of their religion, and they are somehow given a pass by many.

I think the OP's reasoning is to highlight the hypocrisy and bias that people have towards the west. It's as if we are being held to a different standard than what is being applied to Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

if Iran does't want Christianity, who are you to enforce it on them?

Where did I say that I'm enforcing Christianity upon them? No where.
Their own laws say that someone can be Christian if they were born that way.
This person didn't break the law.
The law says that an adult muslim can not convert to Christianity.
He did not convert as an adult, but as a youth.
Therefore, he didn't break their law. But they are killing him off anyways.

I already said they can do with their country what they want. But since you bring it up .. I guess the entire world should ignore when these things come up. (unless it comes up in the USA, then it can be a free for all against the USA, right?). We should all ignore these things and not discuss them and not expose them ... afterall ... (example) it was none of our business about Apartheid in South Africa too. Guess the world screwed up by talking about what was happening and banding together and boycotting South Africa until it changed it's policies ... Guess they should go back to apartheid .. afterall .. it was non one's business how they ran their country and we had no business boycotting or even talking about it. Right?
It does suck big time, no one disputes that... but if you walk into a building burning in a parafin suit chances are something bad is going to happen right?

As a Christian, he went to live and preach as a Christain in a muslim country, anyone can see that is asking for trouble but he was prepared to do so, he got his reward... why worry about him? Isn't he sat playing table tennis with jesus and his chums right now?

Religion is fudged up, but people are free to believe what they will, countries are free to make what laws and govern how they see fit, you may not agree with those rules, go vote them out... oh, you can't, it's not your country.

No one is saying it's right to murder someone for what the believe but this guy put himself in that position, he was playing with fire and got burnt.

And YES, ALL countries should mind their own business, the world would be a much better place if we did.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
this guy wasn't on trial for being a christian but he was on trial for being a spy for the west.

He was convicted of converting from Islam to Christianity.
Their own court proved that he never was a practicing adult Muslim.
But they convicted him of apostasy anyways and sentenced him to death.
The conviction didn't discuss any supposed 'spy' charges.
But it wouldn't surprise me if Iran tried to throw those on him too.
They are always supposedly finding 'spies' ... hundreds of them ...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So, can we hold Khamenei personally responsible for this one?

His death sentence was upheld by Iran’s Supreme Court last July, but three months later the case – which was making waves internationally – was referred to Khamenei. The supreme leader was expected to make a ruling on whether the pastor, who embraced Christianity at the age of 19, was an apostate under Islamic law (shari’a).

www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I bet this has happened lots over the years, but the Media is really digging it up now...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
that sounds like a man who has made peace with god,
he must really have faith to not convert back

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I just don't get your obsession with Iran all of a sudden. Like if you were always anti Iran injustice, then I would say, OK, this person has dedicated his life to injustice and oppression in Iran.

You seem like you have it out for them. I am not defending them. Just saying, who cares.

We have huge fish to fry at home. Wouldn't all this energy be better spent fixing our own countries, rather than focusing on a country we haven't cared for since 1979?

Even on a personal level, does this gratify you in any way?
Do you really have nothing else more important to focus on? It seems like a waste. You seem like an educated person. Why not focus on fixing our countries instead. It seems more important to me. Not you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join