It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I wish I were speechless (and so do you, probably) but this thread has gone beyond insane. I'm not sure I can even address it coherently. If you can find any sense in this post, please, enjoy it and tell your friends and neighbors.

The initial charge against the man was for apostasy, he was convicted of apostasy, he will be killed for apostasy. Ahmadinejad comes to the UN to make an address and spits on the Human Rights Declaration allowing freedom of religion.

The world has sent in UN peacekeepers to many nations. Where is the cry, "it's their nation they can do what they want? Let them kill each other. Let them all die, after all it's their nation. See you Rwanda, Tibet, Somalia Sudan and on and on. Do Muslims expect freedom of Religion in the US? Of course, it's a good thing. Then why isn't it a gootd thing in Iran? Muslims aren't able to deal with conflicting opinions?

Or is this all about a rumour I heard that a Muslim isn't allowed to condemn a fellow Muslim.

This is primarily a response, but there's a little rant thrown in. I'm not sure what I've written, but I had to write it.

If you can't say this is wrong, then you have no moral compass left that's worth discussing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It dosnt matter what religion he is. All that matters is, that we can have a war. Lots of employment for us all, troops weapon making and bombing bombing bombing. kill those people!!
For profit and greed.
Religion? opium of the masses.
This priest guy should be happy, hes going to his god and he will be a very big hero there. A Martyr. He dont need any virgins or anything, he will be buzzing just singing on a cloud.
The spirit in the sky will love having him there, to sing for him.
He knew the rules and now he will suffer for it. He could have left and gone else where to live, but no he chose to stay there.
Who`s fault?

edit on 22-2-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am not arguing the validity. I am trying to understand the reasoning. I think the greatest violations to the greatest civil liberties are being done in the US now in preparation for a bleak future.

Iran takes a second seat IMO to our own problems at the moment. I am trying to understand why you guys are so entrenched in that issue as far as morality and not in our own problems for the same reason.

edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by beezzer

that's what most people consider this site. That sucks. I don't share that opinion, but it is what is said.

And I have to say, "meh".
Who cares?

We're talking about the murder of an individual for worshipping differently.

If the baptists were killing methodiss for worshipping differently, ATS would probably shut down due to traffic!

But since it's islam that's doing the killing, we get apologists and a collective yawn.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am not even saying that is not a terrible situation there. I agree with you. It is terrible if that is the case. I ask how you can see that as a great injustice and not what is being done at home to our own people.

I don't see half as many threads and posts showing that for what it is. That is why people think what they do and why allot of people left.

?

edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

You don't believe there are tons of ATS threads in which Americans criticize police brutality, unjust laws, Wall Street, our foreign policy, the CIA and a ton of other things? We criticize ourselves quite sufficiently, thank you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Isn't it terrible when those in power use their authority to 'send messages' to the world who won't listen anyway?

It seems terribly obtuse to deny a person their faith, and furthermore, denounce their faith as heresy against your
own....

It's the kind of thing we look at in past history and accept only as an example of a primitive outlook on social order; with the more clinically detached noting that the presence of those who were accepted as 'elite' or 'enlightened' exacerbating the travesty by using their authority as an expression of their personal 'glory.'

This is all to say that this tragedy is not exclusive to Islam. Heck it's not even exclusive to religion.

I would hope that our nation, or the leaders of his particular church, can mount an appeal with diplomatic support to save a simple follower of a particular religion from the tyranny of the majority.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I am not even saying that is not a terrible situation there. I agree with you. It is terrible if that is the case. I ask how you can see that as a great injustice and not what is being done at home to our own people.

I don't see half as many threads and posts showing that for what it is. That is why people think what they do and why allot of people left.

?

edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because:

You're new. I usually live in the political madness room (it's down the hall, 2nd door on the left, better coffee)

Then why can't you just say that it is wrong?
That it is terrible?

Sometimes, something is just wrong. You don't need to put it into any context other than saying, "It is wrong!"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree, a diplomatic solution would be the best possible solution. If this man is indeed being slighted and condemned like this then we as a planet need to unite against tyranny. A military option only perpetuates tyranny. That is the option people think to though. They have lost faith in mankind to such a degree they actually say "bomb them to hell". That is just dumb IMO

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just religious nuts killing each other. I believe religion is a mental disorder. The man was literally given a chance to live and he denied it. Kill him, who cares.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

why do you want a room full of people agreeing with each other?

There is no room for advancement.

There is a saying in business,

when two people agree in a business, one is unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No offense but what is the point of this thread. Its just Iran bashing for no reason. Yes it will be sad if the man dies but its their religion and their country. Thousands of such acts occur against humanity ever day all countries all over the world.. So why choose this one incident from Iran..

Iran is an old culture and yes they have problems leave them sort their own problems out.. Whats the alternative bomb them back into the stone age and kill a few million of them...

Why all this Iran hating.. Because they want to install a central bank in Iran. The put on the news what a bad country Iran is and all the sheeple bounce along behind in agreement.. Think for yourself..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
lets discuss the true nature of the government there that is committing this injustice. Are they in power by popular vote, or are they facing a growing dissident movement that already tried to kick them out in favor of a democratic system. The radicals in power are there by a string of power. Eventually the people will overcome them. I say let's be sympathetic to them and not condemn Iran. Make the distinction that it is the government that is doing this with a veil of religion. Let's not condemn Islam just because they have lunatics there as well.

If that were the case I would be here all the time too.

I just get turned off when I hear Muslim this and Muslim that. It is just dumb.

I am not new......just reborn
edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
reply to post by FlyersFan

Correct, if Iran does't want Christianity, who are you to enforce it on them?

Why can't you get that? It's not your place to say what another country chooses to do

If an Iranian inside Iran wants to become Christian out of their own personal choice, what in the name of hell gives the government the right to even mingle in this choice? And who the hell are you to come in and support a theocracy when the youth of Iran want nothing to do with it?

In which Western country do you live? Do you have any idea how much bloodshed the Europeans went through to achieve a seperation of church and government? Iran needs the same, it needs a secular government to avoid an implosion, do you think the people are happy with the sanctions the religious authorities net them? A year or so back even the revolutionary guard sided with truckdrivers who were striking. So really think what you say through.
edit on 22-2-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I like to speak about what is my business. My country, my opinion, about my home and what I want to see it become. That is to be expected. I live here. I have to talk about what I think would make it better. I don't even care about Iran, my country is turning into a dictatorship and a poor nation. That is more important to me. Just saying. You don't think so. What are your priorities?

except when its another country doing outrageous things..........people seem to scream about it..

Obfuscating the points in the thread by saying "oh i just dont care" doesnt make sense...

if you dont care then WHY are you commenting in the thread?

Im worried about my country too, Im also worried about the people IN it that seem to think were the devil , while giving a free pass to others.....

You see people without clarity of mind in your own country can bring it down just as easy.....

Anyone who seems to think these sort of things are acceptable from the Iranian regime, clearly need to get THEIR priorities straight as well....

For someone who doesnt care, you seem to be in a large number of threads on Iran

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join