It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Behind Rising Wave of Global Terrorism:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Boutros-Ghali: Former UN secretary general Boutros Boutros-Ghali held the US administration accountable for rising wave of terrorism, saying Washington?s unilateral approach has fuelled civil wars across the world.

www.islamonline.net...

Of course the terrorism increases! US bombing everything and everyone so it is supposed to bring peace to the world?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Its like trying to put out a fire with an Engine full of Napalm................

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
UN? Oh, you mean France and some token third world spokes person?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GODFLESH

Not the UN, the former UN secretary, Boutros Boutros-Ghali.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
He may be from a third world country but he is right, since Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts we are having a series of attacks targeting other countries, perhaps is a way for the terrorist to make a statement.

And yes US has been spared but at the expenses of the blood of other countries.

No war can be won with another war.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
SH: My office was broken into about 6 months ago. The file cabinets - it was obvious they had been rifled through. Files were stolen. Files dealing with this particular case and particularly with the documents I had regarding the fact that the - some of these hijackers, at least some of them were on the payroll of the U.S. government as undercover FBI, CIA, double agents. They are spying on Arab groups in the U.S. And, in effect, all this led up to the effect that al Qaeda is a creation of the George Bush administration, basically. That the entity that he called al Qaeda is directly linked to George Bush. And all this stuff was stolen. Fortunately, I had copies. But this was just part of the harassment. The FBI has also been harassing some of my assistants and has planted a spy in our midst. And it is just outrageous that these Nazi tactics are being used - and the obstruction of justice, these people are criminals. And that's what's happening under the tremendous pressure here to just drop it. Or to shut up now and just go away.
------
US is actively supporting Chechen rebels. It is clear who is actually behind all those attack for the exploitation in the Republican Convention in New York.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, the CIA is an United States Operation, so it is basically those in control of the Country who are behind the Global Terrorism. State sponsored terrorism is what they call it. It is how they wage war today, especially. "Al - Qaeda" is one of their terror creations. Did you notice how the U.S Government calls the Chechens "rebels"? Aren't they supposed to be "terrorists"--basically the same thing Putin said. But, Putin knows that U.S and U.K Government are working in proxy wars with the terror groups out there, like "Al-Qaeda".

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I was under the impression Al-Qaeda was created by a group of folks who wanted to create an united Islamic empire, from the Sudan to Pakistan. They wanted to reintroduce the Calphrate or however you spell it.

I believe this group was created by Osama Bin Laden and friends soon after USSR abandoned Afghanistan, not the CIA?

Anyone have sources or links... RELIABLE sources?

EDIT: spelled Al-Qaeda wrong

[edit on 18-9-2004 by GODFLESH]

[edit on 18-9-2004 by GODFLESH]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

what's that supposed to mean?? can i take it that only america has the right the comment on world events and everyone else's opionion doesn't mean a thing!! thats so typical of the US attitude.

It makes me so mad, america has been responsible for some of the worlds worst wartime atrocities. what right do they have to tell the rest of us what to do?

It's comments like that that give the US such a bad name throughout the rest of the world, you're only a very very insignificant percentage of the worlds population. It's about time you grew up and took your responsibilities seriously.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I was under the impression Al-Qaeda was created by a group of folks who wanted to create an united Islamic empire, from the Sudan to Pakistan. They wanted to reintroduce the Calphrate or however you spell it.

I believe this group was created by Osama Bin Laden and friends soon after USSR abandoned Afghanistan, not the CIA?

The CIA & Pakistan created Al Qaeda and similar terrorist group through the funding and training of bin laden and others to fight the soviets in afganistan. They also set up and funded the fundamentalist islamic schools in pakistan to teach the kind of extreme islam which is being preached by bin laden and his followers.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by arnold_vosloo]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
America is responsible for killing terrorists. When other people get mad that we killed their dad or brother in a bombing raid in Iraq then line them up and well kill them too. If they don't pick up a weapon and start firing it at the US troops then they're cool. Why is it wrong to kill terrorists? You hippies think we shouldn't kill terrorists because it might make other terrorists madder. The police don't stop patrolling the streets at night for fear of offending the criminals? Then you'll say "Iraq is not part of the war on terrorism" I say to that, "Saddam Hussein was a big fluffy teddy bear who loved his people more then he loved his power. Saddam never gassed the Kurds in the North. He never ran and operated rape rooms in the basements of his many torture prisons. He didn't have thousands of people executed for being critical of his government. I think we can all agree that because Saddam Hussein is out of power we are all so very very sad that that big teddy bear is out of power because he was such a fun loving president who didn't force dads to watch their daughters get raped again and again and then watch her get her throat slit". Then you'll say "AMERICA IS THE BANE OF THE WORLD!" I say to that, "Come on over here I'll show you my bat."

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Here is a link to the most extensive info & links about OBL & the Caliphate right here on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

The CIA & Pakistan created Al Qaeda and similar terrorist group through the funding and training of bin laden and others to fight the soviets in afganistan. They also set up and funded the fundamentalist islamic schools in pakistan to teach the kind of extreme islam which is being preached by bin laden and his followers.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by arnold_vosloo]

Oh, did you miss the request for links and reliable sources? Are you saying they actually developed/invented and promoted Islamic Fundamentalism? Are you saying they would do this without foreseeing how it would backfire?

Oh really.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The USA and the CIA (one and the same) created what you see before you in this world today, the very thing we all hate so much, yet the very thing we turn to for help.

Simple fact, they have us by the balls.

A very New World Order.

A new world order sounds great, no violence, no hate, no more terrorists, sure what more would one want from life! Ooh but we all forget one thing, even the people who want to bring about this new world order are human, therefore greed and suffering will be rife, for their idea of a �New World Order� is another persons idea of New World Hate, that will never ever end.

Bottom line, the real Americans need to take back America, you did not lose it when G.W put himself in office, your parents lost it when JFK was slaughtered on your streets. But enough of the cop-outs from SiCkBoY, the fact is, we are all in this together. For it is just as much my fault as it is yours Mr Joe America.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Oh, did you miss the request for links and reliable sources? Are you saying they actually developed/invented and promoted Islamic Fundamentalism? Are you saying they would do this without foreseeing how it would backfire?

Oh really.

Is the National Security Archive a good enough link?

National Security Archives

Religion as a Propaganda Asset

Militant interpretations of Islam as espoused by groups like al-Qaeda terrify Americans today, but for decades the Middle East's religious tradition was viewed as a valuable asset that could be exploited to achieve American ends: as President Eisenhower said in a letter to a confidante, "the religious approach offers . . . a direct path to Arab interest."(17) [Doc. 133] The NSC said in 1952 that "The three monotheistic religions in the area have in common a repugnance to the atheism of communist doctrine and this factor could become an important asset in promoting Western objectives in the area." [Doc. 59] A USIE program for Iran recommended "Development of specialized materials which tend to instill among religious elements a friendly attitude toward the West and antipathy for Communism," although "In the case of religious leaders (mullahs)" American influence "cannot be direct and it may never be appreciable." [Doc. 6] (Soon thereafter, the embassy reported that two mullahs had begun public anticommunist sermons in Tehran, and that others had been sent to the Tabriz and Kurdish areas for the same purpose.) Plans called for playing up "Moslem prosecutions by Communist satellites and Soviet and Soviet-Communist attitudes toward religion." [Doc. 10] The U.S. expected to be able to rely on anti-Communist religious leaders in Iraq as well. [Doc. 76]

The State Department arranged for Radio Jidda in Saudi Arabia to broadcast religious programming in the Tatar, Uzbek, and Azerbaijani languages. After sponsoring (evidently) the composition of a Christian-themed oratorio, it planned to approach Beirut's Armenian Seminary to obtain lyrics. [Doc. 53] Identification of a "common moral front" among various faiths and American values was encouraged: in Iran, the embassy distributed an eclectic brochure with a mosque on its cover called "Voices of God", containing quotations from the Koran, the Muslim poet Hafez, Jesus Christ, the Biblical prophet Isaiah, the Chinese philosopher Mo Tzu, the Buddha, the Sanskrit Bhagavad Gita, Abraham Lincoln, and Mahatma Gandhi. [Doc. 96]

To demonstrate U.S. religious tolerance, the American embassy in Iraq utilized posters, including photographs of the construction of Washington, D.C.'s Islamic center. [Doc. 21] One member of a working group on Middle East propaganda speculated, "maybe we could get the children of Washington to do a competition painting of that Mosque in some of the art classes and develop something along that line." [Doc. 58]

The IIA organized an Islamic colloquium for American and foreign Muslim scholars, that "On the surface" looked "like an exercise in pure learning. This in effect is the impression that we desire to give. IIA promoted the colloquium along these lines and has given it financial and other assistance because we consider that this psychological approach is an important contribution at this time to both short term and long term United States political objectives in the Moslem area." Government officials even saw a role for the U.S. in guiding Islam's modern-day evolution and revitalization: "Among the various results expected from the colloquium are the impetus and direction that may be given to the Renaissance movement within Islam itself." [Doc. 89] The American embassy in Egypt recommended that a member of the Muslim Brotherhood be invited to attend, because his position "makes it important that his desire for an invitation be considered carefully in light of the possible effects of offending this important body." [Doc. 103]

Princeton lecturer (and former president of the American University of Beirut) Bayard Dodge met with William Eddy (of the CIA and ARAMCO) about financial support from oil companies for the colloquium, to supplement a grant from the State Department, while the printing in Arabic of conference papers was to be paid for by Franklin Publications. [Doc. 90] [Doc. 94]

William Eddy also discussed a Christian-Muslim "common moral front" against communism with New York Herald Tribune columnist Dorothy Thompson: "As you know, there have been very few signs that the Western Powers place any value upon Muslims and from the point of view of psychological warfare alone, we need desperately some common ground to which we welcome the Muslims and the Arabs as respected and valued friends."

Perhaps Saudi Arabia could be especially useful: according to Eddy, its profligate King Abd al-Aziz, "as head of the puritanical Wahhabi movement to restore the pure faith and practices of Islam" was "without any doubt the most representative and influential Muslim in the world today." [Doc. 26]

Abd al-Aziz's son shared his thoughts on these matters with U.S. representatives. In 1952, the future King Saud, campaigning to ensure his succession, obtained elaborate press equipment, an innovation in his then undeveloped desert domain. To please the influential ulama allied with the Saudi royal family, he planned to initially publish religious tracts. He also planned the first publication in Saudi Arabia of the Koran, according to the State Department, and asked ARAMCO to get him radio broadcasting equipment. A department official was helpful: "It was pointed out to him" that he needed to get people used to tuning in. "It was suggested that at the outset the reading of religious material would probably be the best means of introduction." Prince Saud also confided that he foresaw giving more tangible form to Saudi leadership, including "plans which he did not wish to discuss in detail now to spark plug a pan-Islamic movement. He said it could do a great deal of good in the Muslim countries by causing them to work together as a unit." The U.S. official assured Saud that "his information about Islamic unity was very interesting and we would be very glad to know more about it when his plans were more clearly formulated. In general, however, I told him that we would welcome such a movement under his leadership because we could be sure that it would be friendly and wisely led." [Doc. 55]

As far as support for the Mujahadeen, you can read up on the Reagan Doctrine:
State.gov

The US government did not create Islamic fundamentalism but they encouraged it and used it to their advantage to promote US ideals over those of the Soviets.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

new topics

top topics

join