It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 GOP Election:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ok no matter how you look it. If Obama wins again in 2012 which at this point seems very reasonable to conclude. Or if Romney/Santorum somehow appeals to the broad majority of people in the country, then we should expect a very interesting race in 2015-2016. People will most likely be tired of Democrats if Obama wins so they won't have another shot at the White House once their Golden Boy Obama leaves. He will be beloved more than Clinton and any Democrat who runs after him will have to walk in Obama's shadow and ego. The Democrats are looking at a race similar to the GOP 2012 race. Either way, the GOP will have an easy time picking a favorite in 2016.

So, It will be the race for the Republicans again! Next election cycle we have a few albeit way better choices.

Florida Senator Marco Rubio

Tea Party Darling
Strong on Issues
Loyal Following
Money to win

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty

Will he be the Jon Huntsman of 2016? He barely got acknowledged this time and was in the race for about a month before dropping out. This time in 2016 he can get his name out there and gather some momentum for a 2020 run or 2024 run.

John Elis "Jeb" Bush

Brother to George W. Bush. Enough said.

New Jersey Governor Christopher James "Chris" Christie

His media presence could probably compete with Obama's. Even the left's media hawks are obsessed with the overweight Governor. They don't know what he will do next, but does that make him Presidential material?

Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan

The epitome of what the republican party once stood for. He doesn't just pander money to his rich friends or spouts off religious talking points. He actually has a conservative record and in my mind is one of the only people who could challenge Marco Rubio.

Governor of Lousianna Piyush "Bobby" Jindal

The Rick Santorum of the 2016 election. Strong on social values. Has a record to defend Conservatives love him and he would be the first Indian to run for President! This guy isn't a complete moron either.

Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman

He is now on the board of his father's chemical company, Ford, and now creates his own medical center to fight cancer. The moderate republican has set himself up nicely with a proven track record to easily compete with Rubio and Ryan in 2016! Well, at least he'll be able to do better than 2012

These are my choices. No Rand Paul on here. Just because I believe he will stay as Senator.

edit on 21-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sounds like the lobbyist will be able to breath easily again in 2016 but that is pretty accurate of what is going to be selected for us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would add Rand Paul.

Many people think the the alternate reason Ron Paul is running for president and amassing delegates is to force the eventual nominee to name Rand Paul as the VP candidate in a trade for delegates. Some say it is because Ron Paul himself wants to be VP but I would disagree, he has no desire to be VP but he has plenty of incentive to have his son as VP.

Even if that is not true, Rand is the eventual heir to the Ron Paul revolution. He has a large following built in and as good as chance as any of the people you listed if not better. Even many people who don't like Ron Paul like his son.

You might not like it but the Ron Paul supporters are not going anywhere. They are inserting themselves deep within the party and by 2016 it will be clear that they are the new base of the party.

To speak to some of the points you raised about the 2012 race. It is amazing to me that some Republicans push so hard for Romney and Santorum knowing that, like what you say, they don't have broad appeal and little chance to beat Obama, yet ignore the one republican that actually has broad appeal and a chance to beat Obama. It is almost like they would rather have Obama than a republican in office. So strange to me as the narrative for the 2012 race on the republican side is anyone but Obama.

I agree with you about 2016 though, the nation should be pretty tired of democrats being in charge by then. Obama is going to win the 2012 race because of lack of any real competition and the country is going to go even further down the crapper. If you didn't like his first term wait until you see what he has in store for us in his second term.

edit on 21-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

The only reason why I didn't add Rand Paul is because he seems to be just walking in his father's shadow. I am not so sure he will appeal to his father's supporters he comes off as more conservative to me. So I don't know if he will get the majority of his father's supporters. The only thing he has going for him is his father's name and values. Not so sure about his track record and he doesn't have a broad appeal to most republicans in the country much like his father, no matter how you wanna spin it, but please lets talk about the people who I actually chose not suggestions. I'm not even sure if Rand is going to run. He's never mentioned it and likes being senator.

So let's talk about the people who have mentioned that are projected to run.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You asked

What do you think of my choices?

That's what I think of your choices. Do you not understand?

I think your list is incomplete and I added the reasons why I thought it was. I love how you call my opinion spin. Is everyone who doesn't agree with you a spin artist? My reply to your OP was on topic and relevant I am sorry that you find it impossible to have a discussion with me about your chosen topic. I really am, I feel like we could have a good discussion if you would simply allow yourself to. Oh Well.

You say that Rand Paul is just living in Ron Pauls shadow. I am sure that is what people said about John Quincy Adams as well, didn't stop him from becoming president though regardless of his fathers larger than life legacy.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What about Rand Paul?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

That's what I think of your choices. Do you not understand?

I think your list is incomplete and I added the reasons why I thought it was. I love how you call my opinion spin. Is everyone who doesn't agree with you a spin artist? My reply to your OP was on topic and relevant I am sorry that you find it impossible to have a discussion with me about your chosen topic.

I was trying to say that you are wrong about how the Paul's appeal to the broad majority of the nation and I told you why I didn't include Rand. What don't you understand about that? Ok maybe I should re-word that last part.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
What about Rand Paul?

These are my choices. You can make a Rand Paul 2016 thread if you want, but I would like to mainly talk about these people. It's like having to pick between pizza or fried chicken and you say what about watermelon?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I was trying to say that you are wrong about how the Paul's appeal to the broad majority of the nation and I told you why I didn't include Rand. What don't you understand about that? Ok maybe I should re-word that last part.

Ok, well that clears it up. Maybe I didn't understand because you didn't mention anything about disagreeing with me about Ron Pauls broad appeal in that post, other than simply stating it as a fact (which it's not, he does have broad appeal as he polls higher among democrats and independents than any other republican candidate, you can check this for yourself) Then you went on to say (with different words) that I was simply inserting propaganda and attempting to derail your threads topic.

Perhaps re-wording that post would be beneficial. I am not your enemy here. Just trying to talk to you. You are making it very difficult as you have in the past in previous threads. Don't worry, I'll move on to another thread if you have nothing else to ask me or say to me.

The topic here is 2016 GOP election, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If I were you, I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. The way the current T.P./GOP is exposing their true agenda for all to see, I wouldn't even bank on the fact that the Republican Party will be anything other than a radical right wing minority, never to see prominence again in this country.

I really don't think that the Tea Party mentality and/or influence in american politics is headed anywhere other than obscurity. But then, I could be wrong.

Either way, IMO you better watch out for Bernie Sanders (I) come 2016!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Then you went on to say (with different words) that I was simply inserting propaganda and attempting to derail your threads topic.

Perhaps re-wording that post would be beneficial. I am not your enemy here. Just trying to talk to you. You are making it very difficult as you have in the past in previous threads. Don't worry, I'll move on to another thread if you have nothing else to ask me.

Well I edited my post and you can clearly see why I chose to not include Rand Paul. I seriously don't know why I have to talk about him. It seems Paul supporters take it personally when the Paul's are not mentioned on every single thread. Nobody's sure if he is going to run or not. He's already made it clear he wants to run for senator in 2016, not President!

I never once said you injected propaganda in my thread, I'm just not going to talk about Rand Paul because I do not believe that he will run in 2016. This is my thread predicting the people who will be in that race. And I predict that he won't be. Now, I agreed with you on all your other points though.
edit on 21-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Either way, IMO you better watch out for Bernie Sanders (I) come 2016!

I don't think he will run in 2016. He'll be too old!

Plus if you think the republicans are angry at Obama now, just wait with another four years of him. The people I listed above are much stronger contenders than the people in the race now. Maybe that's why you feel the GOP is falling apart. It's just going to be a temporary loss tho.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
post by jjf3rd77

I seriously don't know why I have to talk about him. It seems Paul supporters take it personally when the Paul's are not mentioned on every single thread.

I don't take it personally, this thread was about the 2016 GOP election. I felt like he deserved to be on the list and I explained why, you feel like he should not be and explained why. That works for me. Nothing wrong there except that you seem to take it personally anytime someone mentions "Paul".

I never once said you injected propaganda in my thread

No, like I said, you didn't use those words, you said that I was trying to

spin it

Which is another way of saying distorting the truth which is another way of saying writing propaganda. Maybe its not what you meant but it is how I took it. I will give you the benefit of the doubt though but maybe you could explain to me what you did mean by that, if it wasn't meant the way I took it to mean.

Anyhow, I don't really have the desire to bicker back and forth with you about nonsense. I was interested in talking about the GOP 2016 presidential race but it would appear my opinion isn't welcome as it doesn't match yours. If you don't want to talk about Rand Paul, fine, that is easy, don't. Other people see it as relevant though and they obviously have the right to say so. Your obvious choice is that you don't have to respond to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

I don't think he will run in 2016. He'll be too old!

Plus if you think the republicans are angry at Obama now, just wait with another four years of him. The people I listed above are much stronger contenders than the people in the race now. Maybe that's why you feel the GOP is falling apart. It's just going to be a temporary loss tho.

Ron Paul was born in 1935 and Bernie Sanders was born in 1941. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that means come 2016, Bernie Sanders will be younger than Ron Paul is right now. Too old? I think not. Underestimated? Probably so.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why are you even worried about 2016 at the moment, lets worry about going through 2012 first. If TSHTF today there probably will be no tomorrow. So just concentrate on the now, and when 2016 comes then we will worry about it. As far as I am concerned your list means nothing at this point.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I don't know much about Bernie Sanders. Do you have any videos or articles you could point me towards that you particularly like or think represent his views well. I would like to see those.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't know much about Bernie Sanders. Do you have any videos or articles you could point me towards that you particularly like or think represent his views well. I would like to see those.

There are many available but this is a good one for starters;

Here's another;

Then there's this one;

For anyone who hasn't heard of this guy, I assure you he's worth checking out.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Is there even going to be an election in 2016?
I mean isnt obama going to implement martial law and crown himself king?
I mean isnt the world going to end in 2012?
I mean aren't the aliens going to come give us a new system and save humanity?

now on topic.

If we dont get the voter fraud out of the mix its useless to really have meaningful discussion on who we want or could win because those who commission the counts will pick for us as they have been.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Thanks I enjoyed those videos. Despite my disagreement with him on the Estate Tax, I believe he would have my vote. As you said, he is definitely worth checking out, seems as though he really does have the interest of the American people at heart.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
isn't Bernie Sanders an independent? Then he doesn't need to be on this thread as this is talking about the GOP election.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join