It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous promise 'something BIG is coming'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

While I do think they have done some good things by their actions to protect the internet freedom, these later 'scaremongering' stories, one by the NSA director who said; "in a few years anon will be able to shut down the national grid" (where did the few years come from) and this later one of be able to soon interfere with internet routing are strange for sure. They are like 'be prepared' forecasts. Now Anon itself is doing the same thing with "something big is about to happen" Does noone see that both sides seem to be indulging in Hollywood style trailers? The MO's are a bit to close for comfort for me. Anon has played down the powerline shutoff, and also whatever was supposed to happen end of March. It all seems like a made -up game at times.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by interupt42

ive been saying for a while now
this is another government plan
anon is fbi/cia tptb
nothing that anon has done has caused any impact
except something to speculate on your morning coffee break

Anonymous is not Cia/Fbi I can assure you of that

Anonymous has caused massive awareness, that is far from nothing, certainly taking down a website visited by Millions daily and exposing them to your pov is infinitely more effective than standing in the cold for 12 hrs until your hit with sonic cannons and tear gassed as a form of protest.

And if all YOU choose to do with information is "speculate" about it at your morning coffee break like a little bah bah sheep than you have the intestinal fortitude of a 6 year old girl and deserve what happens to you in life but certainly Internet tough guy it is your balls that are lacking not the efforts of anonymous.

No offense, don't shoot the messenger

People going on the line to acquire information and raise awareness is doing SOMETHING

Speculating over coffee than complaining they don't do more is DIVIDING BY ZERO

It's not like "Anonymous" gets paid to stay up all night digging up info, your rhetoric is both insulting to those who do that job, ill informed and offensive and your words paint a picture for others who would join that struggle as to make them doubt it is real when you are absolutely wrong it brings to mind the words "my own worst enemy" which many on this site seem to be, preoccupied with negativity as opposed to actively engaged in fighting the good fight so to speak, like the art critique a person who speaks but does not do.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't get the whole "anonymous promises" "anonymous denies it ever had plans to take down facebook" I thought anonymous was an idea? not a group.

How can they say that they didnt have plans to do something, when clearly someone anonymous did?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by davesmart

That's a good reason to disprove your own theory that the FBI, CIA ect are behind the anon thing. If a government agency realy was behind it, i'm sure they could pull off something more spectacular than a few DDoS attacks to justify changing the laws governing internet freedom.

They could pull off anything they chose to pull off in regards to hacking, it is not the intent to achieve results via means that are illegal at this point in time, all great revolutions are waged from a perspective of peace, if Ghandi would have used violence he never would have succeeded, while the legality of turning off a website could be debated in the end it is no different than cab drivers standing in front of a bridge in NYC to protest wages or teachers not showing up for the same reason, it is LEGAL and supposedly protected in the United States to PROTEST, this is merely at this point and time organized protest, if there are those that feel that this is not effective enough you yourself have the option to take things to another level given the information you have been provided.

There is a minority on these sites that while hiding behind a keyboard choose to take a philosophical path that claims a desire for physical revolution, this is NOT what anonymous has chosen at this point and time, the Irony however is that while "every week Anonymous is making those videos, spreading awareness, making statements, turning public opinion" those that speak of real revolution sit at their keyboards debating nearly insane pov's while never actually doing anything at all

Your perspective that Anonymous is not Cia and Fbi is appreciated and correct, I simply choose to state the reality, there is no lack of ability to do more, it simply would be becoming ones enemy in order to defeat your enemy that is the same situation that led us to become this monstrosity after WW2, perhaps a new generation is simply brighter than that

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by interupt42

except something to speculate on your morning coffee break

Okay, I'll bite.

Clearly, there are plenty of people in this forum who have no freakin' idea what Anonymous is, when it started, or what they have done. People making statements that they haven't achieved anything must be millionaires, politicians, famous actors or authors... what the hell have YOU achieved?

While you all sit on your asses complaining about the world, those in Anonymous actually seem to have the balls to do something about the massive greed and corruption destroying our lives. And you people have the audacity to sit on here and complain/criticize from your moms basement?

I haven't always been a fan of Anon, far from it, but let me give a little list of the things that they have done that YOU have not.

Anon tracked, filed and exposed an online Pedophile ring, something police authorities around the world had been completely unable to do.

Anon forced the LAPD to hold Tony Bologne to account for his abuse of power and authority, something that the LAPD had resolutely refused to do before Anon started leaking the personal information of those who broke the law and abused the citizens they were sworn to protect.

Anon attacked and took down the government sites of Syria, Iran, Libya and Egypt, consistently, over weeks and months. They assisted the people of these countries to secure contacts through the internet and leak information about the crackdowns and violence that would otherwise never have been exposed.

Anon started with an attack against the Cult of $cientology several years ago, with thousands upon thousands of people around the world protesting outside the offices of the cult in any city where they'd weaseled their way in (wait, let me guess, those thousands of people marching in Sydney, London, Paris, LA, they were all CIA agents, right?)
Hundreds of thousands of people became aware of the dangerous cult and as a result their numbers, influence and power over governments have been significantly reduced as a result.

Anon has openly attacked those who wish to restrict and control the freedom of the internet around the world. While you all can't even be bothered to educate yourselves about ACTA and what it will mean to you, they are actually doing something about it. They're spreading awareness and directly organizing protest marches.

Again, I haven't always been a fan of Anon or their tactics, but there are a hell of a lot of people in here who are ignorant beyond belief about what Anon is and what they have achieved.

If you can claim that you have achieved anything more important than eating less cheesy snacks, well done. If not, shut the hell up about something you clearly know nothing about, or educate yourself and learn what Anon is and what they have done before mouthing off!

/rant

See

Anonymous is effective

Listen to this young man and understand Anonymous is making the largest youth generation in American history aware, they do have the right to vote when all is said and done last I checked, wars can not be fought without them last I checked, products can not be bought if this generation doesn't buy them or promote them, Laws are meaningless if not obeyed by the masses, society can not run if the bulk of the population is in prison can it?

They are on their last hoorah, Anonymous is Legion they do not forgive they do not forget, they grow old Anonymous is youth incarnate, victory is already assured the high ground in the distribution of information has been secured over time.

Anonymous is the hand of Ananke

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Anonymous promise 'something BIG is coming'

I really don't see why Anonymous is anything more to be relied upon or trusted than anyone, or anything else.

Power is all consuming. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely. The ability to instill fear in others, is power. In this, our digital age... creating a fear of Anonymous is to create a form of power.

Of course, the outward appearance is of freedom fighters and such. But the grave end is still the grave end. Trust cannot be handed out freely without risking being taken to that grave ending. We may wish for a hero... but we should never look away or that hero may take us on a long trip to a very steep drop.

Anonymous... in my personal opinion, should write itself a cautionary tale of what happens when a few people can do so much to affect the lives of others and then, from a distance, look back at it.

The end product is what we will be forced to live with. Good or bad... who and what they are will only be told on that last day.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
They said they were gonna take Facebook down on November 5th 2011, gave everyone months in advance in the form of a warning to get off the site by then.

Nothing happened.

I'll wait and see though with this announcement.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
They said they were gonna take Facebook down on November 5th 2011, gave everyone months in advance in the form of a warning to get off the site by then.

Nothing happened.

I'll wait and see though with this announcement.

I wish they would... Might actually see some kids outside playing and adults paying attention to their children for a little while then......

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Interesting, it could literally be anything but I am going to go along with the celebrity/political secrets release.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just don't believe it, Anonymous = Internet Al CIAda = 'Terror' on the Internet to justify loss of freedoms

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
could it also be that members of anon are also CIA??? There are probably some of them that are interested in making a difference! Anon could also have government officials involved in it.

I'm not saying everyone involved in anon is looking out for everyones best interests. I read somewhere that the whole facebook thing was tried by some people not even in anon, but they were claiming to be it.

We just do not have any way of knowing.

I am "THECLUTCH" Join me in fighting 4 whatever we can get our hands on! Anon = join the revolution

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hope everyone is smart enough to know by now that Anonymous is not some freedom fighting group of hackers set out to fight for your freedom while you guzzle down Mountain Dew and eat Hot Pockets in your moms basement.

They are obviously some agency that is manipulating the public into creating mayhem online so they can buckle up the internet.

Eat your Hot Pocket and chill. Anonymous will take care of everything for you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
could it also be that members of anon are also CIA??? There are probably some of them that are interested in making a difference! Anon could also have government officials involved in it.

I'm not saying everyone involved in anon is looking out for everyones best interests. I read somewhere that the whole facebook thing was tried by some people not even in anon, but they were claiming to be it.

We just do not have any way of knowing.

I am "THECLUTCH" Join me in fighting 4 whatever we can get our hands on! Anon = join the revolution

There are of course members of anonymous within the Cia and Fbi as there would be anywhere a computer expert is needed, that does not mean Anonymous IS Cia or Fbi, it simply means that to recruit the best they have no choice other than to hire from within Anonymous, which is of course a good thing for the future of the Internet

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I hope everyone is smart enough to know by now that Anonymous is not some freedom fighting group of hackers set out to fight for your freedom while you guzzle down Mountain Dew and eat Hot Pockets in your moms basement.

They are obviously some agency that is manipulating the public into creating mayhem online so they can buckle up the internet.

Eat your Hot Pocket and chill. Anonymous will take care of everything for you.

Exactly, Anonymous is being coordinated with the law changes. As if hacking sites is going to help us keep the Internet, anyone who really believes this should get their head checked, unless they're a school kid in which case fair enough
edit on 21-2-2012 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
Just don't believe it, Anonymous = Internet Al CIAda = 'Terror' on the Internet to justify loss of freedoms

I can not help but make an observation in regards to the reality that on this site and others of it's nature the level of the dangerously paranoid and those simply out of touch with reality, depressed and without hope has risen significantly while those with real experience scientific capacities and the ability to reason has diminished greatly.

Where I could say in the past on visits to this site the anthem of "deny ignorance" was at one point the true calling card of the day, what I see now is an almost x-files gone mad banner of "Trust No One" being raised in it's place.

Surely to any observer who is not imbalanced, fighting groups like Scientology, Pedophiles, and Monsanto is not in the Interests of those who currently wield power and if Anonymous was actually getting it's orders from those who issue orders to organizations like the Cia and Fbi these would never be targets under any circumstances.

Yet despite the pure and absolute logic of this, it seems at least half of you still believe this is the case

Paranoia [ˌpar.rəˈnoɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpar.rə.noɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident, a paranoid person might make an accusation that it was intentional.

There are always those in this world who's intention it is to keep you in this state, when successful a person will not actually be aware of who is there to help, label all things as groups rather than deal with individuals for example "the government" when in reality most of the government is simply people who eat poop and pee just like you and have jobs and when you utilize them properly can actually be of great help to you.

By allowing yourself to enter this frame of mind you for all intents and purposes successfully cut yourself off from any ability to actually change anything, enlist any aid, and in effect become the greatest tool of those who wished you to enter this frame of mind in the first place, those people in actuality being very rare and extremely few in number

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Another "big" thing from anonymous, wow... Has it been a whole week yet?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Please stay on topic lordnightstalker, this is not about your beliefs of posters you don't know, but about theory and facts, debate the point itself if you can

Originally posted by lordnightstalker

I can not help but make an observation in regards to the reality that on this site and others of it's nature the level of the dangerously paranoid and those simply out of touch with reality, depressed and without hope has risen significantly while those with real experience scientific capacities and the ability to reason has diminished greatly.

Where I could say in the past on visits to this site the anthem of "deny ignorance" was at one point the true calling card of the day, what I see now is an almost x-files gone mad banner of "Trust No One" being raised in it's place.

Surely to any observer who is not imbalanced, fighting groups like Scientology, Pedophiles, and Monsanto is not in the Interests of those who currently wield power and if Anonymous was actually getting it's orders from those who issue orders to organizations like the Cia and Fbi these would never be targets under any circumstances.

Yet despite the pure and absolute logic of this, it seems at least half of you still believe this is the case

Paranoia [ˌpar.rəˈnoɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpar.rə.noɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident, a paranoid person might make an accusation that it was intentional.

There are always those in this world who's intention it is to keep you in this state, when successful a person will not actually be aware of who is there to help, label all things as groups rather than deal with individuals for example "the government" when in reality most of the government is simply people who eat poop and pee just like you and have jobs and when you utilize them properly can actually be of great help to you.

By allowing yourself to enter this frame of mind you for all intents and purposes successfully cut yourself off from any ability to actually change anything, enlist any aid, and in effect become the greatest tool of those who wished you to enter this frame of mind in the first place, those people in actuality being very rare and extremely few in number

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

We should 'Expect' them, like they keep saying, because of the bottomless pit of funding behind them, and the vital agenda of destroying the free Internet. They will be blamed for something very nasty, an Internet 9/11 that will be used to justify huge changes on the net.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

We should 'Expect' them, like they keep saying, because of the bottomless pit of funding behind them, and the vital agenda of destroying the free Internet. They will be blamed for something very nasty, an Internet 9/11 that will be used to justify huge changes on the net.

Internet 9/11??? You have to be joking. The best these guys have been able to do is take down a website for a few hours. What do you mean by internet 9/11? They will post an animated giff of two planes flying into some servers and then they will take down 2000 websites? lol
Like most anonymous "attacks" they are fixed before the news hits.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You just told me to stay on topic and keep to facts

By that standard you should not be able to post a single word you just said, there are no "facts" that would back up any funding for Anonymous and I can say for a Fact that none exist from my own personal knowledge of these matters :

:"they will be blamed" this is a future tense and total supposition

And speaking of off topic, The thread topic is of an upcoming big event or announcement by anonymous, it would in fact be YOU who has derailed the thread into a series of accusations and assumptions in regards to anonymous, I merely commented on my opinions in regards to you and others derailment of said topic.

You are not the Op, you are not a moderator should I add "delusions of grandeur" to my list of opinions? Because I am merely commenting on what has been spoken, if that material is off topic I would not be the one who drove it there nor have I made any assumptive requests to control free speech in a forum as If I presume the thread is my own to control, for all these accusations of what Anonymous is up to and who they really are, as if any one member of anonymous actually speaks for the entirety of the collective anyway, which is certainly not the case. You the accuser seem to be very fast to silence free speech on the internet when it does not suit your agenda

The phrase that comes to mind is "pot calling the kettle black"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join