It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous promise 'something BIG is coming'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

going from ddos attacks to that is kind of a jump

dont you think?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It is getting harder and harder to take ANON seriously. Some big announcement? What could they have possibly found? PErhaps they found documents proving Whitney Houston had a drug habit.......

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by interupt42

nothing that anon has done has caused any impact
except something to speculate on your morning coffee break

Okay, I'll bite.

Clearly, there are plenty of people in this forum who have no freakin' idea what Anonymous is, when it started, or what they have done. People making statements that they haven't achieved anything must be millionaires, politicians, famous actors or authors... what the hell have YOU achieved?

While you all sit on your asses complaining about the world, those in Anonymous actually seem to have the balls to do something about the massive greed and corruption destroying our lives. And you people have the audacity to sit on here and complain/criticize from your moms basement?

I haven't always been a fan of Anon, far from it, but let me give a little list of the things that they have done that YOU have not.

Anon tracked, filed and exposed an online Pedophile ring, something police authorities around the world had been completely unable to do.

Anon forced the LAPD to hold Tony Bologne to account for his abuse of power and authority, something that the LAPD had resolutely refused to do before Anon started leaking the personal information of those who broke the law and abused the citizens they were sworn to protect.

Anon attacked and took down the government sites of Syria, Iran, Libya and Egypt, consistently, over weeks and months. They assisted the people of these countries to secure contacts through the internet and leak information about the crackdowns and violence that would otherwise never have been exposed.

Anon started with an attack against the Cult of $cientology several years ago, with thousands upon thousands of people around the world protesting outside the offices of the cult in any city where they'd weaseled their way in (wait, let me guess, those thousands of people marching in Sydney, London, Paris, LA, they were all CIA agents, right?)
Hundreds of thousands of people became aware of the dangerous cult and as a result their numbers, influence and power over governments have been significantly reduced as a result.

Anon has openly attacked those who wish to restrict and control the freedom of the internet around the world. While you all can't even be bothered to educate yourselves about ACTA and what it will mean to you, they are actually doing something about it. They're spreading awareness and directly organizing protest marches.

Again, I haven't always been a fan of Anon or their tactics, but there are a hell of a lot of people in here who are ignorant beyond belief about what Anon is and what they have achieved.

If you can claim that you have achieved anything more important than eating less cheesy snacks, well done. If not, shut the hell up about something you clearly know nothing about, or educate yourself and learn what Anon is and what they have done before mouthing off!

/rant

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by davesmart

That's a good reason to disprove your own theory that the FBI, CIA ect are behind the anon thing. If a government agency realy was behind it, i'm sure they could pull off something more spectacular than a few DDoS attacks to justify changing the laws governing internet freedom.

Really
what shut the internet down
then they cant boast to anyone
thats cutting of your nose to spite your face

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

So correct, they have done nothing... Nothing of importance.

Maybe they should stop wearing those stupid guy Fawkes masks....
edit on 21-2-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

So correct, they have done nothing... Nothing of importance.

Maybe they should stop wearing those stupid guy Fawkes masks....
edit on 21-2-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

alright
theres no need to start slagging a country of ok
guy fawkes and many others thought they were doing good.
i was not there neither was you
so drop that one straight away

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What again?!

The only real competition Anonymous has for making BIG rhetorical claims that come to absolutely nothing is Julian Assange & Wikileaks...almost like they were cut from the same cloth...

Julian Fawkes!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

You know being called a nerd takes a toll... I wonder if julian and anon just snapped under the weight of the new WoW Expansion LOL!

no seriously... you seem to be onto something here... It in all possibilities could be two guys doing ALL of this

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Our companies systems come and go lately they are still trying to get the last of that trojan out. A few weeks ago they fired 9 people that had been trying to get into the servers from their desk without permission. Aparently they had fake addresses to follow and log users. Bunch of college kids gone overnight. One was even bragging how easy it was to get into the servers. fake servers and no more $1500 a week income for you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by davesmart

That's a good reason to disprove your own theory that the FBI, CIA ect are behind the anon thing. If a government agency realy was behind it, i'm sure they could pull off something more spectacular than a few DDoS attacks to justify changing the laws governing internet freedom.

You are assuming that the majority of the population is aware what a DDoS attack is or that they understand that the FBI.gov website contains no critical data nor is it linked to critical servers. All the media says is that "today Anon hacked into the FBI servers and shutdown a FBI site" . What better way to get regulation through then virtually creating a false threat that causes you to reveal nothing , but yet scare the majority of nontechnical people to go along with your suggestion that more regulation is needed.

BTW , I find it particularly interesting that when one of these gov't agency website gets attacked you don't see any of them trying to down play the security issue by explaining that it contains no critical data. Instead you are seeing the opposite where they play it up.

See what the The real threat that you don't hear about:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've read a statement from Anonymous saying that something big isn't coming.

Go Anon !

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So which of those attacks couldn't be done by a gov't agency choosing to leak data without exposing their means of doing it? Heck maybe Anon is made up of pissed off gov't officials not wanting to go through the existing protocols required by law to prosecute? Who knows but if they are as sophisticated as they claim why bother with Denial of service attacks which is being counter intuitive to there cause?

What they have done is not > then the regulations they will be passing to prevent Anon type groups.

edit on 21-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My livelihood depends on the internet, no net, no business. I work hard for everything I have (which ain't much) I do the right thing above the profitable thing as it is part of my belief structure. I have done nothing to Anonymous and I have managed to live my life as a warrior taking risks with my very freedom as it is more important to fight wrong than it is to be rich.

I also follow several rules to the letter they are what I deem "Prime rules of being a man"

1. Never mess with another mans woman.
2. Don't steal.
3. Defend those weaker than yourself.
4. Never EVER mess with another mans livelihood.

Should ANON take down any portion of the net that results in the loss of my meager income I would personally do my best to find at least one member. They should be easy to find in the prison system soon enough.

Don't get me wrong I am all for going after those in power that are pooping all over us and our planet. Just be darn sure you don't take the innocent with you as you will certainly end up with enemies amongst men.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
They'll probably take down some website for a minute or so and then claim victory

Second line

My thoughts exactly...they always promise something supposedly big. Until Anon hacks a CNN or FOX news program on national television I will continue to doubt and be unimpressed.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
Whats the worst thing they can do, take down a site for an hour or less and then what?

Seriously, this whole hacker group BS is just getting out of hand, isn't it abit fishy? no one can trace this group, no one! how is this possible.. unless it's a group within the government.

They use a bunch of different proxy servers, such as Tor and I2P2 to stay hidden and mostly untraceable...

Pretty easy actually....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Somebody gunna get a hurt, a real bad

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

So which of those attacks couldn't be done by a gov't agency choosing to leak data without exposing their means of doing it? Heck maybe Anon is made up of pissed off gov't officials not wanting to go through the existing protocols required by law to prosecute? Who knows but if they are as sophisticated as they claim why bother with Denial of service attacks which is being counter intuitive to there cause?

What they have done is not > then the regulations they will be passing to prevent Anon type groups.

edit on 21-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

I believe they like DDos attacks so much because of simplicity.... anybody with an internet connection can contribute to the effort if they wish... You dont need to be some super hacker to join their cause.... Not saying that they dont have a lineup of superhackers... im sure they do....

And someone said something about 'pissed government officials' making up anonymous... (or something to that effect) It wouldnt surprise me one bit if there were! along with pissed off police, and bankers, and school teachers, and garbage men, and on and on and on..... Im quite sure there are people from all walks of life involved....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They said that 4 years ago...
They said they would take the government sites down...
It never happened.

They are just those average crap talkers like Obama and that... Just ignore them... but they could be put to very nice use! If Iran launches Nukes, hack em!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Apparently, this is all they have planned HERE.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Apparently, this is all they have planned HERE.

Cant seem to access your link.... .onion or . i2p or something??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join