It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices hit $5/gal in some places in USA!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
video.today.msnbc.msn.com...

Take a look at the video, and this is way before summer time. Is this any indication that it may hit possibly 5.50 or higher

More stories of high gas prices:

newyork.cbslocal.com...

money.cnn.com...

Current gas price map (gasbuddy.com)

www.gasbuddy.com...

How will this affect travel plans, food prices etc?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That's because of government taxes.

Half the price of gas is taxes and it's about $5.18 a gallon in eastern Canada right now. In Alberta it's cheaper since they have almost no taxes on gas.

Hell my brother went to Boston last week and gas was at around $3.15 a gallon.

But yeah, prices are gonna break 5$ this year in the US.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I dont know Professional, Here in Cleveland everyone gets everything for free, because in there mind they deserve it. 300 pound women with 4 kids not a brain cell in her head driving a new Mercedes or hummer, housing ,bills all paid, 400 or more a month in free food on that food card. Grown men strong as an ox expecting ,and recieving everything free and selling drugs for extra money . Also cant forget the senseless littering and trashing of the streets and beaches here. Trash belongs on the ground ,I though you knew. Yep there living pretty good here ,the lazy life is what works in Cleveland. Unfortunatly the people who work for a living and actually do something for the country have 10 dollars maybe for food this evening because of the gas prices around 3.50 a gallon. It pays to be a worthless street slug here unfortunatly. America is not what it used to be my friend.
edit on 21-2-2012 by dntwastetime because: add

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And the husband wants me to get the 96 suburban fixed!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You can thank the government for that, and not just in the form of taxes either. You see, when one oil supplier gets choked out(Like Iran) every oil consumer have to get their oil from somewhere else. And chances are, most suppliers where already maxed out, thus you have to overbid the price to get his oil, and so on and so forth, thus every oil supplier eventually increase their price over night.

Short version: The sanctions on Iran are doing it. You put sanctions on them, you get a higher Oil price back.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
These are the gas stations around my home.

www.gaspricewatch.com...

Average $4.00 and over.

Yes I'm PISSED.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Its £6 a gallon in the uk, thats around 9.5$ btw

Yeah, cry about 5 bucks .......

Oh and thats around 62% in tax.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Biigs because: added percentage tax

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not saying is nice paying that much but you still have it easier in America when it comes to gas...

1 Gallon = 4.54 litres or $1.10 per litre

$1.10 is around 70p (UK pence) a litre

In the UK average gas is £1.35 a litre, or $2.13 x 4.54 = $9.67 per gallon in the UK

We pay twice the amount here, it hurts to drive

I am originally from Venezuela... over there less than $2 will fill up the tank of most cars, a gallon costs around 10 cents... at least over there if you had enough of politics, city life, crime and general BS at least you can fill your tank for free (basically) and drive to a distant beach, jungle, river, mountain, etc.. and get away from all the crap in the city.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Funny, I remember when Bush was in office and the price of gas took off.

Everyone was screaming that it was his fault because Bush was in the pockets of Big Oil. His administration, at least did some work to get the prices down.

Now, where is the screaming about Obama being in the pockets of Big Oil.

My question is why is his administration NOT doing anything about the prices?

Who is really in the pocket of big oil?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Well how on earth do you think the criminals in charge are going to afford to invade iran and Syria for their zio masters?

You didn't think we poor little slave goy were completely useless to them did you?

No, no. We must do our part in this catch 22 and fund the zionazi wars that kill innocents and our children while turning them into murderers for hire even if they have been fooled into believing we actually have enemies.

Well, we do now thanks to the crooks in charge and their dual citizenships.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Its £6 a gallon in the uk, thats around 9.5$ btw

Yeah, cry about 5 bucks .......

Oh and thats around 62% in tax.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Biigs because: added percentage tax

That would be $5.12/gallon here in Canada btw....

Its 1.35 a litre here

edit on 21-2-2012 by Jerisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

Everyone was screaming that it was his fault because Bush was in the pockets of Big Oil. His administration, at least did some work to get the prices down.

Everyone got obamas answer when he turned down the Keystone pipeline. I mean, that was a great idea of his to turn down cheap oil from Canada a pipeline that probably could've created thousands of jobs, a country that wants to sell us their oil but obama turns up his nose at it. Instead he'd rather pledge billions to brazil. And obama still has the ban on drilling here in the US.
There was a video some place, if I can find it I'll post it, where obama admitted he has no problem with Americans paying over $5.00 a gallon for gas.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by Submarines

Everyone got obamas answer when he turned down the Keystone pipeline. I mean, that was a great idea of his to turn down cheap oil from Canada a pipeline that probably could've created thousands of jobs, a country that wants to sell us their oil but obama turns up his nose at it. Instead he'd rather pledge billions to brazil. And obama still has the ban on drilling here in the US.
There was a video some place, if I can find it I'll post it, where obama admitted he has no problem with Americans paying over $5.00 a gallon for gas.

LOL...So Harper goes and makes a deal with China for our oil..../palm

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'll be the first to say this:

Apparently it doesn't matter what the gas prices rise to.
You, me, and the rest of us will still pay regardless the cost.
Why? Because of fear, we are scared, or apathetic, one of the three.

The people won't change anything, we will just complain and whine.
We will still follow our same routine. Using oil for absolutely everything.
Day to day driving, speeding through highways wasting more and more gas.
It won't stop in todays society, for we are based on an oil economy.

See, we have a surplus inventory of gasoline and are selling it abroad.
See the attached .pdf refinery surplus inventory: HERE
Our refineries have extra...do you hear me? EXTRA!
While or demand is at another low...

How does that supply and demand go again?

Oh yeah they have the supply, and then some, but our low demand...
RAISES PRICES.

Don't blame it on Iran either, they are very low on our imported oil list...
Matter of fact, they aren't even in our top 15 importers. Top 15 oil importers USA

So speculate on that for a minute ATS....

Someone is taking the public to the cleaners this year.
And if we sit around and take it, like always, it will never stop.
But you know...you can't stop working and do something!
You gotta pay for all the bills you have!
Cause if you don't the BIG BAD GOV'T might come getcha!
They may take your land, house, car or possessions!

DON'T FEAR THE GOVERNMENT!
FEAR THE PEOPLE...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Yup, Canada's alread said that if the US doesn't want their oil that they will divert the pipeline to their west coast and sell to china.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Unfortunately it does not start or stop with the gas prices.

Even at work I am forever hearing people complain about the unfairness or injustices that we have to endure, but the moment you try to get one of them to become proactive towards making changes, they suddenly shut up and disappear.

It is so much easier to complain. Doing something takes too much energy, time and sometimes risk.

That is just fine as long as someone else does the work or takes the risk, but there is always an excuse for why they can't stand up to the plate.

So we will all just have to bend over and take it because we can't win if nobody is willing to make sacrifices even if they are afraid to fight.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Maybe if you stopped attacking the poor and started attacking those who MADE them poor, you would get somewhere.

Instead, your post is just more "us vs them" nonsense.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xality
Not saying is nice paying that much but you still have it easier in America when it comes to gas...

I have to disagree, After a significant amount of travel throughout Europe I can safely say I would not even bother owning a car in most places. There is an awesome public transportation system in the "Old World".

Americas idea of public transportation is a network of stinky buses that only have a consistent route schedule in neighborhoods you don't want to be anywhere around.

We rely on roads and cars as our entire society was planned around cheap gasoline. Where I live I would have to walk ten miles to get to a bus stop. But at least it will get me to a light rail station that should I avoid being mugged on will only take two more transfers to get to to city.

Thank goodness I don't have to have a job that requires a commute.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Like, OMG. Your still paying less than most country's. With a high of $5/gal I would be able to drive my truck a lot more.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's been way over 5$ a gallon in Canada for years now.

Sorry USA, can't really feel bad about your gas price situation....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join