It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strauss-Kahn 'a suspect' in prostitution ring inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Strauss-Kahn

www.bbc.co.uk

Former IMF head Dominique Strauss-Kahn is being questioned by French police as a suspect in a prostitution ring inquiry, a prosecutor says.

Mr Strauss-Kahn, once a front-runner for the French presidency, is being held in custody at a police station in Lille, northern France.

Police have questioned a number of prostitutes who have admitted having sex with Mr Strauss-Kahn.

He insists he did not know that the women were prostitutes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-2-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
well well, could it be that this time the charges stick? Still a breaking story so we should hopefully know more in a few hours.

I like this quote from the article,

"I challenge you to distinguish a naked prostitute from any other naked woman," his lawyer has told French television.

Perhaps needle tracks and herpes could be a clue lol

Another quote
"Mr Strauss-Kahn is said to have taken part in sex parties in Paris and Washington in late 2010 and early 2011"

Wonder who else if going to be implicated in this. Maybe now we know why the UN wanted so much coke delivered to their HQ (I still dont believe that was accidental)

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos

You should have never written this comment, you get no S&F. Prostitution is a disgrace for women who turn to it, get yourself informed and please do show a little more sensitivity next time. Your comment is even worse than a racist comment, and surely is against T&C.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I rather would focus on this....:

Mr Strauss-Kahn resigned as head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in May 2011 after he was charged in New York with the attempted rape of a hotel maid. The case was later dropped.

Up until May 2011, This European celebrity.. this "leader" among men, had only been accused multiple times of highly questionable ethical behavior insofar as sex and the treatment of women were concerned. He had only had to face the fire a mere handful of times.

So it stands to reason that our local prosecutor would take the politically expedient route of 'going along' with the vilification of the maid, and the destructive media campaign that was unleashed against the lower-class victim.

After all the global financial institutions are for all intents and purposes "sacrosanct;" and Mr. Strauss-Kahn was soon to represent every haughty self-satisfied partisan member of his elite circle of 'friends' - perhaps as President of France.

Soon - I suspect within a day or so - we will see the 'play book' response to this kind of thing.... ultimately, 'elite leaders' are never "guilty" of anything. And we will see a new media campaign on the 'complex' nature of prostitution too no doubt.

And then we will have a nice long chat about equality, human dignity, and how noble we are as a people. We may even have a few choice words about how Mr. Kahn is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of women.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jooles

Originally posted by Maponos

You should have never written this comment, you get no S&F. Prostitution is a disgrace for women who turn to it, get yourself informed and please do show a little more sensitivity next time. Your comment is even worse than a racist comment, and surely is against T&C.

People engage in exaggeration, hyperbole, and stereotyping here all the time. If you feel this is so egregious as to merit action please use the complaint function to engage a mod in a review.

Personally, I see what has you so agitated, but I don't think it is wise to let the opinion of others to influence me to that extent.

Drug addiction and venereal disease are probably more prevalent in 'polite' society than anywhere else.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This guy was a main opponent to the Greek bailout when he was head of the IMF.

During the weekend that the first bailout went through, he was suddenly accused of rape, thrown in prison, and then mysteriously released from prison right after the bailout went through due to "lack of evidence".

It's very strange that at the exact time that the second Greek bailout is discussed, he's suddenly being questioned by police again and being kept out of the way, then released from questioning as soon as the deal is done.

I wanna know why The Powers That Be want this guy out of the way during the Greek bailout talks.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He sure must have pissed off somebody big.

Poor guy, soon he'll be living just like us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Making the connection is pathetic - he's not in a position of power, and if he had his way Greece would be bankrupt and it wouldn't be "cut the pensions by 50%" it would be "no pensions at all

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The only reason he beat the NYC charges was that the maid spoke a very rare dialect and the police department messed up the translation and there mistakes in translation made it appear that the maid was lying.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
DSK , the guy has such tales to tell regarding the big boys who dictate our lives , BUT they will not see the light of day , he may meet with some accident in the future who knows , they nailed his chances against Sarkozy and depending on the outcome of this latest installment maybe French politics period , something big was in the offing with DSK that's for sure , after all the security services knew what type of man he was.

top topics

join