It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by earthdude
What if : he shot her with a device that encapsulated her in foam.

...and what if the foam got all over her head, leading to asphyxiation?

Never mind.

Some people want to live in an ideal world full of foam, unfortunately the world is full of rocks.

Yeah, I never worked out the breathing problem. Maybe a device that put a person in suspended animation, but that aint gonna happen. If people complain enough, cops will change procedure. Instead of walking you out of the police station, they will just wheel you out in a portable cage. In fact, as soon as people are born, they will be put into a portable cage. Somtimes compalining just gets you into more trouble.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Tragic situation, but this girl deserves most of the blame. She was being arrested for not one, but two hit and run accidents. During the transport, she managed to remove one of the handcuffs and then she escaped the custody, and ran. The OP fails to mention that this woman was hopped on on coc aine and oxy at the time.

Quite honestly, I'd rather have her in a vegetative state than driving around hopped up on drugs and/or alcohol. This may have saved the lives of an innocent family that she could have plowed into.

The only person I feel sorry for is the girl's mother.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What a surprise, another pot bellied pig.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Tragic situation, but this girl deserves most of the blame. She was being arrested for not one, but two hit and run accidents. During the transport, she managed to remove one of the handcuffs and then she escaped the custody, and ran. The OP fails to mention that this woman was hopped on on coc aine and oxy at the time.

Quite honestly, I'd rather have her in a vegetative state than driving around hopped up on drugs and/or alcohol. This may have saved the lives of an innocent family that she could have plowed into.

The only person I feel sorry for is the girl's mother.

Oh. I forgot. You no longer have to be ACTUALLY CONVICTED of a crime. Arrest alone is enough to determine guilt.

Yes. This woman clearly deserved to suffer such extreme electric shocks so as to render her brain dead by the sole determination and decree of a single individual who has grown obese leaching off the tit of the taxpayer.

God Bless America. Land of the Free...Home of the Brave!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Yes. This woman clearly deserved to suffer such extreme electric shocks so as to render her brain dead by the sole determination and decree of a single individual who has grown obese leaching off the tit of the taxpayer.

You appear very selective in who you choose to berate for "leaching off the tit of the taxpayer". By her own actions, and I'm talking about the pre-tazing bit, she created the situation in which the due process will cost the taxpayers a ton of money, due to investigation of the hit and run and her drug use. Her hit-and-run actions already cost some individuals. She elected to run from the police station making the situation a lot worse, which will again cost the taxpayer a large sum of money.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Reading some of the posts I was thinking if they did this to capture an animal they would have caught hell for it.

And on drugs she was very much like an animal, she is going to run.

And then I thought how do they capture an animal?

Dart gun? One of those rope on a pole things. Probably either would have left her alive and undamaged.

I have heard stories that the 45 that we used in the Navy years ago was developed because the extra stopping power was needed against the enemy on drugs. Maybe the cops need to develop some special techniques and equipment to capture people who are out of control. The Taser is too often fatal.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oh. I forgot. You no longer have to be ACTUALLY CONVICTED of a crime. Arrest alone is enough to determine guilt.

Don't put words in my mouth. She was UNDER ARREST and then FLED. Should the cops be in the business of letting people who break free just go, or should they pursue them? I think they should pursue them! They used a STUN GUN, not a FIREARM. Their intent wasn't for her to hit her head and become a veggie tales episode. Their intent was to get her to stop RUNNING! The stun gun didn't make her brain dead, but the hit to the ground did. What's your excuse?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Ahabstar

I found another source for this info here.

slumz.boxden.com...

The video shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with Cole following closely behind.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Cole brought Maudsley to the substation to complete his paperwork before taking her to the Pinellas County Jail, according to FHP reports.

As she enters the parking lot, Cole deploys his taser and Maudsley hits the ground hard, with her head slamming into the asphalt.

"What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?," Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.
"I can't get up," said Maudsley.
"I don't want you to get up," said Cole.
"I can't get up," Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

On the video, Maudsley loses consciousness about two minutes after hitting her head.
Maudsley's mother said the trooper should have used other means to stop her daughter from fleeing.

In the light of what this girl is alleged to have done, under influence of drugs, driving without a license as well as committing two hit and run accident, is it any wonder that she is at the police station under arrest and handcuffed and ready to be taken to the jail. Obviously running out of the police station was not a very clever thing to have done. The officer was using the tazer within the regulations. His action was only to be expected of him. He was merely doing his duty. That the girl banged the back of her head so badly was not his intention. Her injury was an accident. Never run anywhere with your hands cuffed behind your back. In that sense the girl is her own worst enemy. Presumably the girl is getting treatment for her head injury ? The injury is called "concussion". It is a common head injury. After a time she will heal. However, she might have to do time in prison for the serious driving offences that she is alleged to have committed.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 22/2/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
Yeah I might have gotten out of hand of course in the BEGINNING we choose (most of the time) to injest the drugs ourselves. But hereditary genes play a big role along with environment. When you are an "addict" that means your brain cannot sufficiently produce the neurotransmitters or chemicals in the brain sufficiently, in this gurls case she had no natural endorphins, enkephalins, or as much dopamine as she needed to not feel like she was in living hell. Unfortunately, courts nowadays are way too quick to label people "addicts" because of a DUI or related charge and make them go to AA while the true "addicts" get very little help and definitely can't pay for a good pain doctor (drug dealer with a liscense) a million dollars for her fix or maybe for something like buprenorphine which may actually help her...

I agree with a lot of that except for the hereditary part. I think that getting "true" addicts help is the general consensus but it goes beyond addiction to a substance and more into mental health. We need better mental health for people with these problems and not only for their addictions or even people with any addiction still need better mental health care because that is just as bad as many other diseases.

In this case it is best to wait for the toxicology tests to come back and see the level of drugs in her system.

You have a combination of Cocaine (stimulant) which makes the heart race and oxycodone (depressant - hillbilly heroin). To have both of these drugs in you at the same time is a very bad sign. Combine that with driving without a license (suspended), multiple hit and runs and you have yourself a serious situation. Some people would want to get help but if they dont want to get help they are not going to last long.

If she was not on drugs...well if she was not on drugs she would not have made the first mistake. Taser or no taser with coc aine in your system you risk cardiac arrest so even just struggling with someone and being under physical stress can induce death.

Here is something interesting on coc aine and tasers:

www.pittsburghlive.com...

They call it Excited Delirium and it is a real condition.

According to what i am reading, and i am a layperson on taser use, cops are permitted to use tasers on fleeing suspects. Though i think that varies according to the department. His department allows the use for fleeing suspects. We may not like that but that seems to be the case.

www.policeone.com...

And like someone else noted, if he was a buff 200+ pound weight lifter is very similar to someone overweight just based on body mass alone.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Presumably the girl is getting treatment for her head injury ? The injury is called "concussion". It is a common head injury. After a time she will heal.

CAELENIUM, just an FYI, the young woman has been in a coma for five months. She is not expected to recover her brain functions.

newsnine

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
Reading some of the posts I was thinking if they did this to capture an animal they would have caught hell for it.

And on drugs she was very much like an animal, she is going to run.

And then I thought how do they capture an animal?

Dart gun? One of those rope on a pole things. Probably either would have left her alive and undamaged.

I have heard stories that the 45 that we used in the Navy years ago was developed because the extra stopping power was needed against the enemy on drugs. Maybe the cops need to develop some special techniques and equipment to capture people who are out of control. The Taser is too often fatal.

Nope same thing could have happened where she cracked her head open when she hit the ground. Her fault, she's to blame, end of story. The cop did nothing wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You take drugs, then you risk all of this, you risk getting arrested by the cops, and anything that may happen during such arrest. If she obeyed the law in the first place none of this would have happened. Sometimes taking drugs can lead to your body going out of control, if you don't know this before taking drugs your ignorant you get what you deserve. Now that your on drugs and out of control, the cops are going to do whatever to get you back into control, if that by some miracle of events leads to her ending up brain dead, it is her fault, and no one else's. Seems in America, people don't want to be accountable for their actions, they don't want to be responsible for their lives, and always put the blame, or the responsibility on someone else.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hey now...

I am not at all onboard with the rampant police brutality we see from time to time.
It sucks and any cop who abuses his privilege of being a police officer should at the very least be fired and face the legal ramifications...

Those of you who go off with your sweeping generalizations and anti police sentiments are potential fools because, in a given situation, you will be the first to call 911 for aid. Yes. There are bad cops as well as others who make bad if not horrible decisions. but that does not apply to the majority of law enforcement.

That said...
The reaction of the officer aside, the girl tried to flee custody and while I think that the officer could have exhausted other option first, she instigated the response by attempting to escape. It may not have been what she deserved, but she set the wheels in motion that eventually ended her up in the situation she is in.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I can't watch the video and I won't.

It's basically a snuff film of someone's life being ended by a lazy piece of garbage who doesn't belong out in the streets as a cop.

How many deaths since 2001 by a taser? about 500 now?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

It's basically a snuff film of someone's life being ended by a lazy piece of garbage who doesn't belong out in the streets as a cop.

How many people were tasered since 2001? I say we give you guys what you want, just have no cops at all, I mean what do we need them for anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is pretty sad really. He was close enough to catch her and by catch I mean not tackle her to the ground. Any hit to the back of the head is not good that is why they outlaw in boxing and MMA. The force she hit with seemed like being hit with a bat.Whether she did those other things doesnt mean she deserved this so basically she died that day.Hope the cop is happy. Here's some more video footage alittle longer with her passing out right there.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Any day of the week you can die, you don't always get what you deserve. The cop didn't intentionally try to kill her. The world isn't like all the movies and tv shows we see, not every cop is corrupt, in fact it is very few who are. I'm sure that this cop feels horrible about what he did, and will probably have problems in the future with hesitation, which might lead to a cop's death, or someone else's.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Don't put words in my mouth. She was UNDER ARREST and then FLED. Should the cops be in the business of letting people who break free just go, or should they pursue them? I think they should pursue them! They used a STUN GUN, not a FIREARM. Their intent wasn't for her to hit her head and become a veggie tales episode. Their intent was to get her to stop RUNNING! The stun gun didn't make her brain dead, but the hit to the ground did. What's your excuse?

Cause and Effect:

(1) Disoriented frightened high-on-drugs handcuffed young woman in custody of LE runs.
(2) Cop shoots her with taser (or "stun gun" as you call it).
(3) Woman falls forcefully to ground.
(4) Woman's head hits ground and suffers life threateneing injury
(5) Woman dies within a matter of minutes (brain dead).

Cause and effect: Taser (stun gun) causes woman to die. It's a chain of events that would not have occurred if the cop had not shot her with his shiny toy taser They had her in custody. They had presumably identified her, knew who she was, and knew where to find her if she got very far away from them. She was handcuffed. So, by running away she wasn't going to get very far even if the cops had just sat there and watched her run. They could have had a physically fit officer go after her and bring her back.

She was in their custody under arrest and handcuffed. Once they arrest a person they are responsible for the person's well-being. They cannot avoid responsibility by blaming her for their own lazy improper use of the taser. That the police department's or city's internal white washing process proclaims that anything and everything one of their cops does is A-OK changes nothing. That's what these internal "fact"-finders do. They serve the cops rather than the truth.

edit on 2/22/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

You are right. He will think twice before using it again and he might have a daughter of his own.Hope he gets the counseliing he needs. Then something has to be done about this taser.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

How many people were tasered since 2001? I say we give you guys what you want, just have no cops at all, I mean what do we need them for anyways.

Hold on a sec here. You took my post as me saying 'we should have no cops at all'?

Where did that complete Straw Man come from?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join