It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

This is a "the chicken and the egg" million dollar question.

We can ask if there was a breach of protocol.
We can ask did he use excessive force or not.

But it remains that there would'nt have been a breach of protocol (or not) or the need for the use of excessive force (or not) had this girl behaved herself in the first place and had not been a felon.

I agree I'm not saying it isn't ultimately her fault for her being in that situation in the first place, BUT if it weren't for people like her cops like him would have a job. I'm not trying to justify or condemn the actions of either parties. I'm really just calling it from a neutral standpoint of what is right and wrong procedure. And from a personal position if i were in the uniform, I would have just lead a short sprint to grab her. She wasn't running very fast. Handcuffed people aren't capable of running fast much less drug induced ones.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
much less as tazed paralyzed girls can reach out their hand so it doesn't hit the ground like a bowling ball...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
much less as tazed paralyzed girls can reach out their hand so it doesn't hit the ground like a bowling ball...

Right you lose all motor skills and body control when you are tazed so hitting your head is a rather high probability. add running into the factor and you have a higher force to contend with.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Are you seriously that retarded on the topic ANDY?? First when you get tazed YOU CAN'T MOVE YOUR BODY. That means THE STUPID DRUGGED UP GIRL IS FROZEN IN AGONY WITH HER MUSCLES SPONTANTEOUSLY SPASMING AS SHE WATCHES HER HEAD CRASH FACE FIRST IN THE GROUND WHILE NOT BEING ABLE TO DO A THING ABOUT IT.

Drug addiction is a disease... she doesn't have weak willpower and the fact that she's a repeat offender shows you that HER BRAIN CAN'T CONTROL HER ADDICTION - How can you judge one girls state of mind when you can't even compare it yourself. The closest your closed mind can come to addiction is the will a hungry person that hasn't ate for days has to eat food right in front of them.

What happened was sad..but, it happened.
Nobody forced her to become a drug addict. She had a choice the first time she took drugs to say no.
Nobody forces anybody to become an addict or alcoholic, we start on that road by free will.
She chose to run.
The following was a direct action of her decision to run.
The cop could of hit her legs, but we dont know if the result would have been the same do we.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yeah I might have gotten out of hand of course in the BEGINNING we choose (most of the time) to injest the drugs ourselves. But hereditary genes play a big role along with environment. When you are an "addict" that means your brain cannot sufficiently produce the neurotransmitters or chemicals in the brain sufficiently, in this gurls case she had no natural endorphins, enkephalins, or as much dopamine as she needed to not feel like she was in living hell. Unfortunately, courts nowadays are way too quick to label people "addicts" because of a DUI or related charge and make them go to AA while the true "addicts" get very little help and definitely can't pay for a good pain doctor (drug dealer with a liscense) a million dollars for her fix or maybe for something like buprenorphine which may actually help her...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yeah I might have gotten out of hand of course in the BEGINNING we choose (most of the time) to injest the drugs ourselves. But hereditary genes play a big role along with environment. When you are an "addict" that means your brain cannot sufficiently produce the neurotransmitters or chemicals in the brain sufficiently, in this gurls case she had no natural endorphins, enkephalins, or as much dopamine as she needed to not feel like she was in living hell. Unfortunately, courts nowadays are way too quick to label people "addicts" because of a DUI or related charge and make them go to AA while the true "addicts" get very little help and definitely can't pay for a good pain doctor (drug dealer with a liscense) a million dollars for her fix or maybe for something like buprenorphine which may actually help her...

Ummm There is no "Addict Gene", Addictions are caused by one or a number of things depending on the substance or activity of ones addiction. But hereditary it is not.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mitsuskitzo

In addition, thats like obese people trying to make excuses for themselves saying that their obesity is hereditary. There is no "Fat Gene" either.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The simplest answer is she had her back to the officer. Ergo, she was fleeing or retreating (however you want to look at it). Tazers are a weapon to be used when an officer feels his life is in immediate danger... We have legs to chase down criminals and tazers to stop them from hurting themselves or others. I do not care... Handcuffs.. No handcuffs.. Intoxicated or sober. Once he gave chase (more specifically, once her back was turned) he relinquished his lawful ability to fire a less than lethal weapon in order to detain her. (Again, this is why we have legs.)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Says you... I have a minor in psych and in some scenarios I'ce scoffed at it when people say that it's hereditary or call it a "disease", yet I've seen many example that can prove it i.e. 3rd generation alcoholic/addicts etc...
However when you have a chemical inbalance that can't be fixed unless you injest a certain substance it sure seems to me that you could look at that as a disease. We could go back and fourth with it forever but look at your local "bad part of town" with all the hookers and crime etc... and compare that to a place mmm... say a mental hospital full of crazies.... those people have diseases right? And don't both environments seem the same?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It is a very sad reflection of how society has been led 'down the pan' that anyone would think it OK to use an instrument of torture, which basically is what the taser gun is, on a fellow human being, just because someone in a suit or uniform / fancy dress, told them it was OK to do so.

Shooting someone in the back with anything should be illegal whether you are wearing 'fancy dress' or not.

Shooting someone in the back should be known to be a 'bad thing to do' by anyone with a good solid sense of morality and an understanding of right and wrong.

Looking at the USA, even convicted death row inmates have years of appeals before being killed by the state, and yet it becomes OK to kill someone, and torture someone because ..... why? Possibly because they are afraid, panicking, over reacting, something bad has just happened to them in the police station, who knows?

So, the mental balance, morality and common sense of those now charged with the 'right' to torture to death anyone they can't be bothered to run after has become enshrined in law? Then we truly are ALL going to hell in a hand basket.

Perhaps the lady had a valid point in being terrified of the people who had arrested her. They certainly seem to lack a certain 'something' that used to exist in the mind and hearts of police officers.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by mainidh

It doesn't take particular skill to be a garbage man.

According to recent reports, it doesn't take a skill to be a cop, either.

Well well well, lets just excuse the inexcusable, and call them heros.

Cops kills citizen by accident - They're just human!!
Cop prevents criminal getting away - OMG THEY ARE ORSUM!!
Cop does nothing - Uhh, who says they should?

They are given the role to authority for a damn reason, not to act like a typical tosser with a bb gun.

"Hyuk, I shots me a aquirrel"
"Hyuk, I shots me a criminal"

Get off it...

edit on 22-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It appears a girl is now as good as dead. Why? That disgusting fat body with a badge could't physically solve this any other way.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

That is the be all and end all of it mate.

Nothing else matters, shes is as she is, not convicted of a crime, but more or less killed by a fat bastard with a tazer. In any other circumstance, he'd be jailed.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pilot70
reply to post by usmc0311

Tragic event but :

She was arrested and tried to run .... she knew that was wrong

She fell in an unlucky way as a direct consequence of her own choice

She was unlucky in her fall ....

The blame is her own, however sad it is.

Oh what a sad world you exist in.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Says you... I have a minor in psych and in some scenarios I'ce scoffed at it when people say that it's hereditary or call it a "disease", yet I've seen many example that can prove it i.e. 3rd generation alcoholic/addicts etc...
However when you have a chemical inbalance that can't be fixed unless you injest a certain substance it sure seems to me that you could look at that as a disease. We could go back and fourth with it forever but look at your local "bad part of town" with all the hookers and crime etc... and compare that to a place mmm... say a mental hospital full of crazies.... those people have diseases right? And don't both environments seem the same?

I like how everybody becomes degree holders and experts. Honestly degress dont me squat to me. All it means is that some college university ripped you off and took your money to teach you something that can be easily learned on the internet if you look hard enough.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you don't hold a degree but it doesn't necessarily make you right.

"However when you have a chemical inbalance that can't be fixed unless you injest a certain substance it sure seems to me that you could look at that as a disease."

Chemical imbalances are caused by not ingesting the required substances (nutrients, vitamins, minerals) or doing so improperly. Also its caused by adverse chemicals or toxins that are introduced to the body. In short having a poorly maintained diet is the cause of a chemical imbalance or disease as western doctors like to call them now days to shove drugs down your throat.

I dont see how this relates to addiction being hereditary. I do however see how it relates to it being from a poor diet be it knowingly or unknowingly as chemical laden foods are purposely processed in such a way to make us addicted to increase sales profit. but this is going completely off topic here so I will end this segment of the debate.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ya know, when I play things like Sim City.. I get sick and tired of the way things are meant to be.

Often I'll shake up a city with a bad ass event.

Thats what I think cops like this are like. Screw the rules of the game, who cares if I'm cheating, I'm gunna pack a load of hate on citizens, and watch then scurry.

This cop is in god mode. "Don't you run from me.." F8 "Now you're dead hahahahahahahah"

anyone who thinks this fat punk is a servant of the law, WHAT THE CRAP LAW ARE YOU ACCEPTING?

Jesus on a boat to nowhere... I wanna get off...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Tasers should be banned.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Common sense, humility, and desire for truth must not be anywhere in the world of ATS, along with any amount of intelligence and desire for truth. It's interesting how people who's whole lives seem to revolve around a keyboard and have no obvious skill would sit there in judgment of someone protecting our peace to the best of their ability, and because the situation didn't go down with cotton candy, and weed, and a tuck in with a teddy bear... just like you must have readily available to you, if you recommend it so highly, The man is guilty of Police Brutality... Wah... He was found innocent except in the eyes of a bunch of cry babies who weren't there... See my surprised face

Next time you find yourself in dire straights (not the rock group for wannabes) call a drug addicted, insensitive, incapable, skank to save you. Cops would probably be happy to drive by waving, as that would be one less time, that time, that they didn't have to put their lives on the line for another snotty nosed cry baby, like yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Ya know, when I play things like Sim City.. I get sick and tired of the way things are meant to be.

Thats what I think cops like this are like. Screw the rules of the game, who cares if I'm cheating, I'm gunna pack a load of hate on citizens, and watch then scurry.

This cop is in god mode. "Don't you run from me.." F8 "Now you're dead hahahahahahahah"

anyone who thinks this fat punk is a servant of the law, WHAT THE CRAP LAW ARE YOU ACCEPTING?

Jesus on a boat to nowhere... I wanna get off...

Careful mainidh... Your insipid side is sliding out. I imagine if you thought about it for a couple of months you might be able to figure out how to get off the boat instead of following an obvious, apparently familiar line of action, instead of sitting on your keyboard and articulating dumb stuff.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Specifically, what is the current number of mandatory expectations cops have to enforce?

Are these laws required learning in schools?

Can any child born today live long enough to learn all these laws?

Does your favorite candidate know the number of laws?

If we locked all the lawmakers up and did not let them out until they wrote down from memory all the existing laws, do you honestly think they would live long enough to accomplish the task?

Specifically, what is the current number of mandatory laws a "law abiding" citizen would have to conform with and abide by in order to be a "law abiding" citizen?

Good luck peoples.
edit on 22-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

And you tell people to live in the real world??

The real world is one where ADULTS accept the consequences of their actions.

Cause and effect.

The family will now try to bleed the state of a couple of milllion in compensation for the life of their junkie daughter that they probably hav'nt even seen in a couple of years..or even bother about.

It'll be "my daughter was no angel but lok what they done to her...blah blah blah...tears tears tears"...on TV, and when they've gone it'll be " Hey bud, make that cheque out to..."

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join