It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Oh BTW. Go edit your YT page and show the last part of the clip where the two land and departing planes converge into a mid air collision please.

What on Earth are you talking about? Where do two landing and departing planes converge into a mid air collision??? What are you smoking?

98% of your debunk video shows commercial flights and the only 2 % of the girl's video you show cherry picks perfectly to suit your agenda.

Actually, none of the video shows ANY commercial flights. They were both small aircraft. You can even click the source videos to see for your self.

The video is marked "PART 1" for a reason. It was only to show the landing and departing aircraft to outline the beginning and end of the runway. A debunk for the rest of the video will come around in PART 2 and PART 3. So stop being paranoid.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by imp0ssibru

You're being rude man. I get it. But I'm not talking about that. Listen guy, you're making a MOOT point about the direction of the plane based on my previous input. The figgen pink sky!

You made your point about the illusion a plane can cause as it is ascending at an angle towards you. I get it. But you're stuck in your own perpetual thinking like a hamster in a wheel and have completely MISSED that part either on purpose or as I said, stuck. Snap out of it.

Forget about that 19 seconds of frame. Do you get it?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by imp0ssibru
What on Earth are you talking about? Where do two landing and departing planes converge into a mid air collision??? What are you smoking?

Obviously you don't understand sarcasm that well.
At 14:54. I'm tired of spoon feeding you images. Go look for yourself and address what happens for the record.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

WTF are you talking about. I think you lost your mind.

We are discussing the location of the airport, and I just showed you how to find the beginning and end of runway 01 of the Oroville Municiple Airport.

Whatever the freak you just said in your post makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by imp0ssibru

Sorry, I assumed you can focus on a couple of things at the same time.
Let me make this simple

You're in a snit because I misspoke about the 19 sec frame grab about "departing"

and responded by drawing a line showing the direction of the run way.

I responded and said the pinker sky frame grab is the direction to the airport so landing or leaving is irrelevant because that's not where the airport is.

wow!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

At 14:54. I'm tired of spoon feeding you images. Go look for yourself and address what happens for the record.
Thanks

No that's not sarcasm, that's stupidity. I don't understand stupidity very well.

At 14:54? It's just ONE aircraft, with TWO lights on each wing. It is flying towards the camera. At first the aircraft is not pointing perfectly at the camera so you can see both lights. But later, the aircraft must have made a slight heading change and pointed directly at the camera, and that caused the intensity of the lights to increase for the viewer, which made the lights blend together to form what appears like one bright light. It then changes heading again and goes back to two lights.

When a light is not directly pointed at you, you can see it but not as bright. When the light is directly pointed at you, the intensity increases. Two lights next to each other in that case would blend together to appear as one light.... this is simple stuff...

edit on 24-2-2012 by imp0ssibru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I responded and said the pinker sky frame grab is the direction to the airport so landing or leaving is irrelevant because that's not where the airport is.

wow!

Ok, you are certainly confused, or lost, or I don't know how to describe your replies right now...

How is landing or departing irrelevant when discussing where the airport is???

Obviously aircraft land at the beginning of a runway, and depart at the end of the runway. This tells you were the runway / airport is!

OMG

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Thanks

I see what you are talking about, it is hard to tell from the shakiness of the cam, but I think I have an educated theory.
What you are seeing, as people have already stated, is the object crossing the screen then turning toward the camera.
Now, if this is in fact an aircraft, the illusion of two lights coming together can be explained.
You see what appears to be 2 lights, right? And we can all agree that at least one of the lights is flashing?
Disregarding the landing light for a second, aircraft are equipped with position lights, a beacon, and a nav light (basically one of the position lights).
The nav light is white and is located on the tail, it has a pretty wide viewing angle, but can't be seen when viewed from ahead. So if this is in-fact an airplane, it would be reasonable that we can see this white light from a side angle.
The beacon is a flashing or rotating red light, often times found on the tail of the aircraft. This can account for the flashing red we seem to see.
The other light, I suggest is the left-wingtip light, a flashing red position light with some risidual bleeding of the landing light as the airplane turns toward the camera.
Call BS and stretching it if you want, but this is an honest and very likely explanation. Plus I wouldn't spend all this time making up nonsense when I've been in the thread so long trying to figure stuff out.

EDIT: I know it is hard to visualize, and it should be. The camera isn't of good quality, and we all know that in low-light cameras tend to blow up points of light and lights near eachother bleed together. Add that to the fact that the camera work is terrible, and that it is zoomed in way too far, you basically get a giant glob of light with a few frames where you can designate multiple lights. So take this how you want, I'm not saying it is or isn't a plane, I'm simply providing an explanation of how it COULD be one.

75 percent of people will not read this...too long didn't read.
edit on 24-2-2012 by upgrayeddc310t because: typo

edit on 24-2-2012 by upgrayeddc310t because: trying to make this easier to visualize

edit on 24-2-2012 by upgrayeddc310t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Yes that's right.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Obviously aircraft land at the beginning of a runway, and depart at the end of the runway. This tells you were the runway / airport is!

OMG

No kidding? You don't say. Yes, if that was indeed the airport that makes perfect sense. I'm saying the airport is more west.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

I do see the similarities. Basically, this whole thing is hinged on Mandi's testimony as to where the airport is anyway. If she's wrong well, we know the rest...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No kidding? You don't say. Yes, if that was indeed the airport that makes perfect sense. I'm saying the airport is more west.

Why would you say the airport is more west when I just showed you how to find the beginning and end of the runway? Should I show you again?

This is an aircraft landing, just before it touches the runway...

This is an aircraft departing, just after it leaves the runway...

That means the runway / airport is between these two points...

If she is at Canyon Highland Dr., that would mean this is her field of view highlighted in red:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yeah, I feel at this point I and others have exhausted any investigation that can be done from a computer.
And spent way too much time in this thread in general LOL.
I'll probably just leave it for a few days, come back and check it and see tons of obligatory posts by people who didn't bother reading the thread, and slam my face on the keyboard.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Everyone going on about this sunset, never once do you actually see the sun. Yes the sky gets a harsher pink, but if she was filming from that canyon place and filming the airport then they would have been filming directly into the sun, which they arent.

I think they are looking far more south than you guys think they are.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Everyone going on about this sunset, never once do you actually see the sun. Yes the sky gets a harsher pink, but if she was filming from that canyon place and filming the airport then they would have been filming directly into the sun, which they arent.

I think they are looking far more south than you guys think they are.

The entire sky is pink. How do you know where the sun is? It could be right on the other side of the hill, down by the horizon. By her own admission she said she was looking west which would be in the direction of the airport........The whells on the bus go round and round..........

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Here is definite info on where the sunset would be.
Check this out, pretty cool... SUNSET
The Western pointing line is where on the horizon you would see the sunset if viewed from Canyon Highlands. As you can see it is North of the airport.
IDK what that means, but throwing this info out there for people to use.
EDIT: oh, and I used the same date as the incident occured, not today's date, which tbh there really wasn't a visible difference.
edit on 24-2-2012 by upgrayeddc310t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

So where would the actual sun be located according to that? In the middle of the semi circle?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The orange-ish / red-ish line extending west. Imagine the horizon, then imagine you are looking to the tip of that line. That's where it would be.
If you want to play around with it for fun, here's a link to the site, you can tell where the sunset is going to be anywhere in the world!
SUNSET

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So the sun set would have been directly beyond the airport, which surely shows they wernt filming the airport?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t

The orange-ish / red-ish line extending west. Imagine the horizon, then imagine you are looking to the tip of that line. That's where it would be.
If you want to play around with it for fun, here's a link to the site, you can tell where the sunset is going to be anywhere in the world!
SUNSET

Nice job! I knew the sun position would eventually make it's way into this thread. That sunset lines up perfect with the airport. Thanks for finding that cool app

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join