It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I don't understand why some of you are so shocked when video girl came to ATS and reacted with hostility.

I think your perception of what happened is wrong. She came to ATS with hostility, it wasn't a reaction. If anything, ATS members reacted to HER hostility.

I read the entire thread and honestly, aside from a few off topic unrelated posts from passersby I didn't see any vastly outrageous claims that merit a full background search and a character assassination.

There was no background search or character assassination. Sure someone looked up her screen name to see if she hoaxed any UFO videos before, and I think everyone should do that with every UFO video. But nobody assassinated any character. If anything the girl committed character suicide. She claimed to not do drugs, but she has information about her loving marijuana all over her YouTube channel that hosts the UFO video, and other places. From what I've read, you don't even have to do any searching to find this.

Being a "skeptic" doesn't mean showing up under 3 different user names and hardballing someone until you think you've found an inconsistency, that will only make you relentlessly pursue irrelevant points. A guitar that says "I

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Hello ATS,

As you can guess, I have been over this video very thoroughly. I know that many of you have as well, and you continue to do so. I am posting because I would like to give you all my final analysis on the Oroville Lights.
Now here is what really set me off, folks. The banter from the kids. I began to realize that the boy and 'Maya' are pranking the girl that seems to be making the video. I can just hear it in their voices. They know that they are airplanes. I think that Maya actually pities her for a moment before getting back to pranking her.

I am sorry, MadiG, but that is my opinion. I understand if you feel betrayed.

I cannot in good conscience go another day without letting you know what I think here in my final analysis. Take it as you will.

Thems is aeroplanes, ATS.

Thank you for making this exciting for everyone.

X.

So, you're not on your plasma entity idea now? www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

I'm glad this is over! The whole airport direction mess is confusing ... since she mentions Chico and Thermalito (probably the Oroville Municipal Airport) here on ATS. Also, Oroville isn't that simple because they have Oroville Junction, Oroville, Oroville East and South Oroville. Coupled with the whole Dunstone mess which is an unincorporated area further South-South-East near Sunnyslope.

I don't feel her friends were "pranking" her though.
edit on 25/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

care to explain to us what happens between 11:00 and 13:00?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

If I could applaude you, you would get a standing ovation. I just found this thread today, only up to this post so far. All I can do is shake my head...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Madisongreb
reply to post by bottleslingguy

anyone with a brain knows that zooming in on things far away is extremely hard and impossible to hold it still you're lucky you got an 18 min video instead of a 2 minute one that would be JUST as shakey. so next time you see something in the sky you try and film it without making a move in 30 degree weather zoomed in 40x. do it.

just for the record I'm on your side. MrSmith was the one complaining about the shaking. Nobody yet has been able to explain what is going on between 11:00 and 13:00

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Phage

There is no airport there. And she's written on the thread. This is a wooded area with orb/crafts/critters, whatever they are, rising up, going down into the trees, very close together, changing colors and sometimes disappearing. Not an airport under there either.

What makes you think they are going into the trees

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by imp0ssibru

We've been over this. The Oroville airport is too far west. Look at the maps that have been displayed here. The main airport and the grubs intersection with dunstone. But I agree with you about something. Her directions are off and a bit contradictory. I really think she was looking more south but she doesn't know it. I'm basing that solely on the sun.

Phage, I know you're really good with astronomy. Where the hell does the sun set in February?

I have shown this and said this before if she was at Canyon Dr looking south towards Dunstone Dr/ Grubb St area then a few miles further south from there is Beale AFB with Sutter CA and Yuba City airport to the west off Beale.

See MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the A at the top Canyn Dr the oval Dunstone/Grubb area

edit on 25-2-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Plasma life forms have bioplasma bodies. These are electromagnetic bodies which generate electromagnetic fields and radiate electromagnetic waves. Embedded in these bioplasma bodies are "plasma antennae" which can tune-in and receive electromagnetic waves generated by other bioplasma bodies. (Plasma antennae are actually being used today in scientific laboratories.) The bodies of plasma life forms that we encounter are molded by our expectations which radiate out from our own bioplasma bodies in the form of electromagnetic waves and are received by them through their embedded antennae (see Jay Alfred, Between the Moon and Earth, 2007). The nearer they come to you the better they are able to tune-in to the thought waves (i.e. electromagnetic waves which are modulated by your thoughts) you are radiating out from your bioplasma body. For example, in the Marian apparitions at Fatima (Portugal), the children saw a ball of light which resolved into a man-like angel as it got nearer to the children.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Hi, Trextor Ziam,

Yes I am interested in the Jay Alfred stuff for sure. Thanks for being so incredibly on top of that, you went right to it.

www.dapla.org...

I appreciate that you do not feel as though the girl was pranked by her 'friends'. I, on the other hand, do.

See you around, mang.

X.

P.S.
I just realized that this is easily the most woo woo post on this thread.

I stand by it.

Anyone trying to keep up with Biology, and how Computer Science is accelerating Biology, knows that the very near future is going to seem very woo woo indeed.

I hope that those unfamiliar with Jay Alfred, and the new stuff we are learning about plasmas via electrical engineering, check it out.

X again.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
Nobody yet has been able to explain what is going on between 11:00 and 13:00

Yes, it has been explained multiple times already. All you see are two aircraft.

One aircraft is "above the clouds" flying towards the camera, and over a span of a few minutes it is decreasing altitude. It looks like it's preparing to land somewhere to the south (left of the view). Because of the camera's perspective the aircraft appears to be hovering and descending straight down, but in reality it is flying around 500 mph toward the camera before it banks slightly towards the south (left of the camera view).

The other aircraft which appears to rise from the ground is just another aircraft flying over the horizon. Have you ever seen an aircraft fly over the horizon directly at a camera? It appears just like you see in the video, a light rising straight up from the ground flying over the curvature of Earth. In the video, when the aircraft gets to a certain point it banks towards the North (right of the camera view).

It's really simple to understand.
edit on 25-2-2012 by imp0ssibru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here is a few videos that I think a few people here should watch very closely...

edit on 25-2-2012 by imp0ssibru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Very well,

I hate to do this because it is a little like doing a rain dance and we never know what we will get but...

We need help with perspective. I don't know if this case is complicated enough to warrant his presence but...

We summon thee, Oh Mr. Mask!

Mighty and Powerful Autocthon of Perspective and Art!

We summon thee!

Bringer of Rationality! whose Mighty Pen drips the Ink of The Gods,

We beseech thee!

Bless us with your presence!

We lie in ignorance.

There is no Perspective where we are.

Show us the Way.

We inscribe the Holy Symbol upon the wax...

Now we just have to wait and see, folks.

No guarantees.

X.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

no the second one that was rising towards us (hence the "landing lights") winds up in the cloud bank west of the runway.How can it be the lights don't go out until it goes into the clouds, seeing how it was flying away from us? Have ufos ever been spotted over airports?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That was pretty cool, your right there is now way that is Helicopters, Planes, or CGI.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

nothing strange in any of them

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

no the second one that was rising towards us (hence the "landing lights") winds up in the cloud bank west of the runway.How can it be the lights don't go out until it goes into the clouds, seeing how it was flying away from us? Have ufos ever been spotted over airports?

I think your problem is that you can't think in 3D, and you are stuck in 2D. Your error is assuming the entire cloud formation is far west of the runway, and you don't even fathom the possibility that parts of the clouds can also extend north of the runway, closer to the camera.

I understand it is hard to judge depth in a 2D video. A cloud formation that is 2 miles away next to a cloud formation that is 1 mile away will appear as one large cloud all at the same distance in a 2D video, but there really is no excuse for assuming all clouds are the same distance from the camera.

edit on 25-2-2012 by UFOGlobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOGlobe

More importantly, he assumes that the plane keeps flying in the same direction, that its landing light remains pointed at the camera.

The plane makes a left turn away from the camera so the light "disappears", it does not enter the cloud.
edit on 2/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes there is also the possibility it didn't even enter the clouds, and it just turned away from the camera and then blended in with the dark background.

However, since one of the witnesses is heard saying "it's going into the clouds", you are going to have a hard time convincing people it didn't go into the clouds because the power of suggestion is hard for many to overcome.
edit on 25-2-2012 by UFOGlobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

nothing strange in any of them

I agree, there is nothing strange in any of those videos.

Just like there is nothing strange in the OP's video.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join