It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by bottleslingguy

You should check out Santiago in December when the FACH puts on its show.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

apples and oranges

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Already pointed that out HERE way back on page 8 but it seems some peoples need to believe the video shows something unusual is just to strong .

As demonstrated by the above reply

edit on 23-2-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by bknapple32

oh ok I see what you're talking about at 3:28, it's one of those sideways flying airplanes taking off. And don't forget the ones that appear out of nowhere, sit stationary (not going up or down) and then go out. Or like the one at 6 min that can't be seen with the naked eye only in the camera, those are really awesome airplanes but hard to find at any airport here on Earth. Explain how that's common.

I think you should go and look up MPEG artifacts, study that for a while and come back when you understand the problems with low res video.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Madisongreb

yeh why the hell not, when i first found them i was setting them off every weekend
they are cool and seriously go buy them and test it out, it looks the same

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Just look at what she has said, they filmed from a place called 'Canyon heights??' looking in the direction of dunstone, look on the map Canyon heights IS behind the airport they are looking in the opposite direction of the airport.

And for all the people who are saying they are planes can you please answer my question that has been repeatedly ignored on this thread and tell me how can the ascent of the plane at 11:36 (I think) be so steep? Its almost going horizontal. Now if this is a plane it has to be flying straight at them because the lights are bright, yet it disappears off to the right and into the clouds... How does that work? Can planes fly sideways and backwards these days?

Wow she gets about first we are told Dunstone, then Grubb St ,now its Canyon Heights she also said she was filming looking west now thats been changed to south west.

Now I suggest you look on google maps because looking SOUTH WEST from there the airport would be in the field of view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for your plane questions I suggest you like another member look up this MPEG ARTIFACTS study what can happen with low res digital video

edit on 23-2-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, there are some interesting things to be seen in the evenings. But this kind of video can be taken just about any night of the year near any relatively large town, and doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

Go out tonight for yourself. Take your video camera. And if you happen to be in Oroville, take another video looking the same direction at the same time in the evening. See what you come up with.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

No that's what I thought at first too.
Her posts are confusing as all hell, but look at my most recent map image a couple pages back, just before she left for the weekend or whatever.
She says she was North of there, and filming toward the Grubb Road area. That area is S and SSE of where she claims to have filmed the event.
Then she says she was filming in a Westerly direction, and she is certain that Grubbs was over the Western horizon, which is completely impossible.
Read the past few pages...you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: if people are too lazy to read the posts from last night, here is the image I made...again MAP

From all the information she gave (confusing, I might add, and contradictory at times), this seems to be the best interpretation. Like I said, she says she was up in that circled area when the filming took place, but then says she was looking West (even says their digital compass said West), then she says she knows the area VERY WELL and that the Grubbs road area was over the Western horizon and that is where they were looking.
As you can see, that area is completely S and SSE.
So, who knows, I give up until she actually comes back and just makes her own map like I've asked her a thousand times to do.
I think she's trollin...
edit on 23-2-2012 by upgrayeddc310t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The disappearing light on this low res recording could be a number of thins. All far more likely than some sort of cloaking technology or alien craft. The plane could simply have turned blocking its lights to the camera...the low res is making an optical illusion .... but the fact that some of the lights seem to hover make me think turning...the crafts appears to hover because of the distance away from the camera when in reality a plane is approaching the runway head on with the camera

All far more likely explanations.. and until all are proven wrong, one can't just jump to any other conclusion.
edit on 23-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Oh. Ok.
How about this one?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
OK, I am going to put some time in to slicing and dicing up this video now.

Welcome Lord John Whorfin.

So is no one at all going to even consider the possibility that these have a kinship with the Brown Mountain Lights, The Hesselden Lights and other 'earth light type phenomenon'?

And, bknapple32?

Excuse me if I am off base again but...

All far more likely than some sort of cloaking technology or alien craft.

I must have missed something. Did someone suggest that these are 'alien craft with cloaking technology'?

Thanks in advance.

I'll be back in a while with at least some images from the video. To post video analysis will require me to break apart her video and get a YouTube account. I don't know if I am up for that but I will give it some thought. One way or the other, more pictures coming right up.

X.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Those chinese lanterns are becoming so popular and they are going to start alot of forest fires.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Also,

Can any member help me to understand what kind of mess I may or may not be getting myself in to by possibly posting chunks of this video for analysis?

Anon77, could we possibly contact her again to ask permission?

Thanks.

X.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

So is no one at all going to even consider the possibility that these have a kinship with the Brown Mountain Lights, The Hesselden Lights and other 'earth light type phenomenon'?

I've seen the videos of the Hessdalen Lights but not heard of the Brown Mountain Lights before , they are interesting phenomenon for sure but as far as I'm aware sightings are brief , I think the duration of the OP video sighting would seem to rule out that comparison .
I did find this cool (in my view) video of the Brown Mountain Lights taken by a National Geographic crew .

post by Xoanon
Can any member help me to understand what kind of mess I may or may not be getting myself in to by possibly posting chunks of this video for analysis?

Its not copyrighted material so I don't see a problem

edit on 23-2-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

It is always possible that there will be more terran based answer to the experience but I do believe the Op in that this was not some form of hoax.

Anyone who has ever made a serious search in the night/day skies for otherworldly craft have made mistakes. If it is not otherworldly, then I do have one possible explanation once we get a clear picture on the direction.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Or my favorite Hessdalen Lights

So worth a watch

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I have studied them for nine years.

you're saying that's what we're looking at? airplanes taking off and landing?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Xoanon

Or my favorite Hessdalen Lights

So worth a watch

have you seen any of these? www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So, if those are planes, why, starting on 14:45, one of the lights starts to divide in two?

And a few seconds later, the lights become brighter?

What is the explanation?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread and it's now 32 pages long.

What is the general consensus of what the lights are ? When I saw the video I thought they looked like military flares...

Did it turn out that's what they most likely are or something else ?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
All right,

I have gotten even more deeply in to this video.

Here is what I have. So far...

This all goes down between 00:17 and 02:53

X.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Xoanon because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join