It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't see the California lights connection to the Brown Mountain Lights.

The Brown Mountain Lights are either a superior mirage skeptoid.com... (I don't think so, based on the following link's video AND the fact that the lights were not ABOVE the horizon.)

OR

The Brown Mountain Lights are X-Ray and Gamma Rays of unknown origin. brownmountainlights.com... Please watch the top (longer) video.

The California lights COULD be superior mirages; but, are not like the Brown Mountain Lights.

Also, has anybody found OTHER sources in California who saw these California lights and reported or video-captured them?
edit on 23/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FlySolo

Anti-collision lights are intended to be most visible at the same horizontal plane as the aircraft. Their intensity may vary above and below the horizontal plane. They may be red or white.
www.risingup.com...

Maybe you can provide a timestamp for the jet but it wouldn't be unusual for the strobe on a jet to be significantly brighter than that of a small aircraft.

As for the strobe I saw. It's hard to catch but at 16:13 someone says "There is another on over there" as the camera pans west you can see it flash twice between this time and 16:16.

At 16:33 the guy asks "what's that sound" and the girl says "it's a jet".

Exactly, an actual plane DOES fly past late on in the video and it looks like a plane, not like these things!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by bottleslingguy

It "disappears" at about 2:45 when the landing lights are no longer pointing at the camera. You can still see the plane because a better camera is used and the operator zooms in on it.

but that's not what happens in the op video

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

reply to post by FlySolo

Anti-collision lights are intended to be most visible at the same horizontal plane as the aircraft. Their intensity may vary above and below the horizontal plane. They may be red or white.
www.risingup.com...

Maybe you can provide a timestamp for the jet but it wouldn't be unusual for the strobe on a jet to be significantly brighter than that of a small aircraft.

As for the strobe I saw. It's hard to catch but at 16:13 someone says "There is another on over there" as the camera pans west you can see it flash twice between this time and 16:16.

At 16:33 the guy asks "what's that sound" and the girl says "it's a jet".

that's right and I'd say that is the only legitimate plane in the whole 18 mins. There is no way we're looking at landing or take off lights

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

exactly and you can see the strobes on that plane clear as day.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Exactly!

That's why I new this particular ufo footage was a true hallmark of the sport. It has all of the things I mentioned on the first page in which debunkers like to use as "lack of" proof in past diatribes.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

For me, I'll admit, theres some weird things going on. But Im not going to jump from conventional aircraft to something else until EVERYTHING normal has been counted out. And for me, the hallmark of a true UFO case is erradic movements and speeds that normal aircraft simply dont do. I camp on the border of area 51 all the time and I see some crazy things out there. Much much crazier than this footage, and even the things ive seen there can be explained. Hence my skepticism here.
edit on 23-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Airport Operational Statistics
Aircraft based on the field: 29
Single engine airplanes: 24
Multi engine airplanes: 1
Ultralights: 4

Aircraft operations: avg 99/day *
56% transient general aviation
40% local general aviation
4% air taxi
* for 12-month period ending 31 December 2010

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Well I've witnessed crazier myself. Lots of acceleration, stops, zig zagging. While we don't get to see that here, there still are anomalous movements. Enough to consider an in depth analysis and not allow this thread to be swept under and dismissed. I would also like to point out the lack of habitual debunkers in this thread. Sure, there was a point when things got out of hand, but for the most part it's been quiet. There is a reason for that.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by FlySolo

and even the things ive seen there can be explained. Hence my skepticism here.
edit on 23-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

But can you? Really? I would guess that stuff is pretty top secret. I'm not saying aliens, but by now aliens should be a moot point. Reason being, if ours, then this imposes a more difficult philosophical question.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
and that question is?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

The Brown Mountain Lights are X-Ray and Gamma Rays of unknown origin.

Hi Trexter Ziam,

Thank you for taking the time to post. I have never really had a fixed idea in mind of what the Brown mountain Lights are, so I am not married to any particular notion about them.

I am really grateful for the insight that your post has lent to my interest in all of this. So, I take it that what is measurable about these Brown Mountain Lights and possible other lights like them are these x-rays and gamma rays. I know that some types of plasmas give off x-rays and gamma rays.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for being here.

X.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Thank you for uploading these still frames.

What interests me why the light above the cloud bank, remains stationary for such a long period of time with out coming closer or departing aware from the camera (starts 1138 - 1215 mins).

I have seen large planes perform steep take off and landings as in this airbus

I have also seen jets vertical take off's and landings, never seen them remain in a vertical climb at the altitude in the video though.

edit on 23-2-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
and that question is?

How? And how can we use it to better humanity? And why is it not already being used?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Found UAP at dusk where two people have recorded in different areas of the city on the same day.

This one the sky-tower is at the bottom of the video ..

This one is taken with the sky-tower immediately in front of the camera ..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

what are we supposed to be looking at in the bottom video?...the single bit of light smaller than a pixel miles and miles away, or the reflection of the elevator moving in the sky tower?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
well i can't believe i'm about to say this
but for the first time in living memory, i disagree with you, John.
Both of you.
i don't exactly have a lot to add to the thread
since a single thread can only hold so many snippy
"oh yeah, planes that hover then move sideways" lines
but i want to lend support for Team Not-a-Plane
and to thank Xoannon for those stills; to me they categorically prove that this team is well named indeed.

also to those of you foaming at the mouth about where the airport is like it proves something,
i had sushi for lunch today.
the people in the shop were asian.
well, they had two arms and two legs and they were in a sushi shop, what else could they have been?
i hope i don't need to explain that i am not talking about california roll at all here.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Good job, we all know that where the airport is doesn't prove anything, but it certainly helps.
I've been on both sides of the argument, and after the woman who claims to have been at the taping started posting...I don't even know what to think because her posts make me feel like I'm taking crazy pills, to steal a line from Mugatu.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fugazzi777

The sky tower is at the bottom of the first video showing on the same evening both up-loaders took images in the same vicinity. Yeah the elevator is distracting.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Right Folks

This thread has had more twists and turns than most on here, If I was taking a video when I post it I would say the location taken from and direction the camera was pointing and NOT KEEP changing it.

Now with regards to airports have a look here this shows airports around Oroville. Many are small and for private use.

www.airport-data.com...

You CANNOT point a camera anywhere without a airport/airfield being in that direction.

As for the continuing comments re staionary PLANES if you see planes fying in from a long distance they CAN seem stationary because they have to travel some distance before you will notice a change in size!!!!

Having looked the young lady said 40x zoom was used that to can have an effect on how you see things.

Have a look at this example of zoom effects, the concrete block stays almost exactly the same size look at the buildings in the background DO you think they move closer or further away from the block

If she was using full zoom these aircraft were some distance away!!!

Then we have the video itself low res and shaky, this is not a BROADCAST quality camera it suffers from the kind of problems that will happen as light levels drop etc. Then the video is converted and dumped on youtube.

Here is a prime example of video problems you can get and its NOT low light.

Do you people think that the plane disappears and reappears NOW where have we seen that recently

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join