It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One more question about the "planes" theory...

Is this nearby airport so busy?

I mean... There is not a big city near this airport. Oroville is a small town.

So, why would this nearby airport be so busy? Four planes in less than 20 minutes?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by FlySolo

She said she filmed from the Grubb St AREA are have look again at this

When did she say that? She said she was at Canyon dr or Canyon rd. Then drove to the Grubb st area to look around. You're the one being disingenuous, or dyslexic with your thinking. You've got it the opposite way around. The image above is a line of sight from bottom SE to top NW. I don't ever recall seeing a sunset in the NW.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A second series of images, my favorite...

X.

More images on the previous page if you missed them.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Xoanon because: Go to the previous page for another sequence of images.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by gortex

Oh. Ok.
How about this one?

Clearly the strobes can be seen. It doesn't take much at all to notice it. The OP's clip, there is no strobe. There are strobes however later in the clip which definitely looks like planes/jets. But those ones aren't even the main focus. Why can we see strobes so easily in this example with nearly the same intensity of light. Shouldn't it be easy to see them in the OP as well?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Yes, that is what I was seeing right near the beginning. Really glad you took the time to post the clips, because no planes fly like that, no choppers do, its not balloons, they don't vanish. So.....they are officially UFO's, and there is something more. While it could be some black operation, just a feeling of something akin to James Gillilands pictures of the lights on the mountains, and basically her own energy.

Its a really cool video in any case. This didn't take night googles!!!!
edit on 23-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Xoanon

So is no one at all going to even consider the possibility that these have a kinship with the Brown Mountain Lights, The Hesselden Lights and other 'earth light type phenomenon'?

I've seen the videos of the Hessdalen Lights but not heard of the Brown Mountain Lights before , they are interesting phenomenon for sure but as far as I'm aware sightings are brief , I think the duration of the OP video sighting would seem to rule out that comparison .
I did find this cool (in my view) video of the Brown Mountain Lights taken by a National Geographic crew .

post by Xoanon
Can any member help me to understand what kind of mess I may or may not be getting myself in to by possibly posting chunks of this video for analysis?

Its not copyrighted material so I don't see a problem

edit on 23-2-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

This will probably surprise you but this didn't impress me very much. I thought reflection of some type the second it appeared. Even the red dot tends to have a transparency about it. I know nothing of infrared or night vision but don't they have some type of laser in them? Perhaps the infrared light inside reflected off the lens and caused an abnormal light intensity bouncing back. Something like an over exposure. Just guessing
edit on 23-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Madisongreb

Have you ever been to lookout point at night? Or old 32, i always see something random when goin out their. Anyway if its been posted aready, mybad, i dont feel like going through 30+ pages, but can you tell me where that spot in the video is at, or the area, i wanna go check it out.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Riakennor

We've narrowed down the location of the sighting (sort of, due to 20 y/o incomprehensible typing skills) and we have some pictures of the objects in daylight. We've almost eliminated the proximity of the airport being no where near the sighting with some reluctance of some members. To be expected of course. The event went on through the night for about 6 hours and the footage we see is only a small portion of what went on out there.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by Madisongreb

Have you ever been to lookout point at night? Or old 32, i always see something random when goin out their. Anyway if its been posted aready, mybad, i dont feel like going through 30+ pages, but can you tell me where that spot in the video is at, or the area, i wanna go check it out.

She's gone for the weekend.
But:
Here

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Gortex,

Thanks for sticking around and offering an opinion on the lights.

I thought that I would add this video of the Joplin Spook Light or Hornet Spook Light from Missouri, USA. It is not aerial in this video but at times the phenomenon does take to the air. I apologize for the audio but the video is really nice. If you are interested then definitely go to YouTube and type in Joplin Spook Light for lots of amateur video.

Have a good one.

X.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

and by three minutes you can see it's a plane. It moves consistent with a plane. When did it disappear? I didn't catch that part.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
So, if those are planes, why, starting on 14:45, one of the lights starts to divide in two?

And a few seconds later, the lights become brighter?

What is the explanation?

somebody just said it was a plane turning but it never changed course so it appears that the plane was moving sideways..... which they do all the time

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

It "disappears" at about 2:45 when the landing lights are no longer pointing at the camera. You can still see the plane because a better camera is used and the operator zooms in on it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah, but this is the best time to see the anti-collision lights. Appropriately so. This is not the case in the op's vid. They aren't too far away either because jet strobes are noticed towards the end.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Anti-collision lights are intended to be most visible at the same horizontal plane as the aircraft. Their intensity may vary above and below the horizontal plane. They may be red or white.
www.risingup.com...

Maybe you can provide a timestamp for the jet but it wouldn't be unusual for the strobe on a jet to be significantly brighter than that of a small aircraft.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Please excuse any narcissistic tendencies, but I am wondering what everyone thinks of these images, now that I have posted them.

Planes?

?

X.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Xoanon because: fancier

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by Xoanon

I have seen SOOOOOOOOOOO many of these little tiny-dancing-lights-on-the-horizon videos. They are fake. Please stop

Well one thing is for certain, this video surely isnt fake.

What we are actually seeing n the other hand is not yet determined.

Everything except for the amount of time that the object appears for, leads me t believe that it is nothing more than a helicopter in the distance.

The 18 minute duration of the film and the time of day, if this was filmed in the past few weeks would lead me to believe that it is a news chopper reporting on rush hour traffic. I've seen it myself many times ove and around major highways, bridges and metro areas.

Ive spent some time in this area, and I'm pretty sure there is not a traffic chopper, or any kind of news chopper, the area is smaller and rural compared to the big city (i.e. San Fran), but there are medical choppers and police choppers, i have also seen military every so often. oroville is relatively close to an Air Force base, also I know there are old missile silos from the cold war in the surrounding areas, other piece of info that may influence the judging of the witnesses character is, this area has a really bad meth problem, im not saying they are all tweaks but its definitely a higher rate than most places, I have referred to this area as the but-thole of California more than once, as far as the video itself goes, its another one that cant be proved or disproved.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

Anti-collision lights are intended to be most visible at the same horizontal plane as the aircraft. Their intensity may vary above and below the horizontal plane. They may be red or white.
www.risingup.com...

Maybe you can provide a timestamp for the jet but it wouldn't be unusual for the strobe on a jet to be significantly brighter than that of a small aircraft.

Sure, that works. But I'm not talking about the horizontal plane. I'm talking about how much easier it is to spot the lights when you're not blinded by the landing lights as it turns/disappears. Actually, it's the navigation lights I mean. Not anti-collision. Regardless, six or 1/2 of a dozen.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Sorry, I tend to think that youtube user believes she's catching odd things on video but they're usually quite normal. There might be some earth lights in there somewhere or even some UFOs but generally I think they're pretty normal.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

www.risingup.com...

As for the strobe I saw. It's hard to catch but at 16:13 someone says "There is another on over there" as the camera pans west you can see it flash twice between this time and 16:16.

At 16:33 the guy asks "what's that sound" and the girl says "it's a jet".

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join