It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worship for Boomers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When the Boomer Celebrities are dying, the media is going to all out freaking weeks-months end worship sprees.

Is this the new norm? Boomer celebrities die, and everyone all over goes into non-stop ridiculous media hype?

Are the Boomers the new Egyptian Pharaohs? The ultimate expression of international vapid?

Jobs, Houston, Jackson, Fawcett, Swayze. I'm sure I'm missing some, as I try NOT to pay attention to this stuff.

There are lots of boomers. Is this going to be what they do with every single one of them? It could be a LONG 20 years.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So no one cared when Clark Gable died?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

umm no
it's just a publicity blitz
to sell more records

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Ugh. Every cult of personality with a product is going to be week upon week of horrendous media blitz.

I wonder if by the end of the boomers that there will be blowback about it. I'm not looking forward to all the drugged up, hard partying 50-60 year olds Hollywood has being trotted out like this every week as they kick off. A few politicians. I don't think there are too many corporate cult of personalities.

LONG twenty years of Death Altars for celebrities in coming. The new generation is going to have to up their ante to compete with the boomer celebrity death pool advertizing.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
So no one cared when Clark Gable died?

Think of how many silver and golden age celebs there were.

Now increase their numbers drastically. They are going to use a version of this nonsense every week

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The only thing better for your career than getting knocked up is kicking the bucket. The upshot is that while I recall people waiting a month or so to start in on the Swayze jokes, I was hearing Whitney cracks (sorry, I'm not immune) the day of the event.

These rotten tribute binges only serve to desensitize the public further to the gravity of the loss of human life.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Obviously because it is taking so long to determine the cause of death of many of these cases, so they are mysterious, and people want to know.

Do any of you remember when Ronald Reagan died? They dragged that poor man's body from one end of the country to the other. It was horrible. I didn't think they would ever get him in the ground. What a relief it was when they finally put him to rest and ended that circus.

You can call Whitney Houston a boomer if you wish. Yeah, I know the dates, they vary according to who wrote them. Also she is black. Black people don't bury people in three days like whites do. I don't remember a big hoop-lah when Swayze died.

Houston was born in the 60's, and boomers typically come out of the late 40's and throughout the fifties.

top topics

join