It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Pauls choice for Vice president revealed?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Dear theBigToe,

If MsAphrodite will let me, I'd like to offer my opinion on Paul's support. It is very vocal and dedicated, probably more so than any other candidate. But I don't see it as being anywhere near large enough to win the Republican nomination. Sort of like the OWS of the Republican party.

Could he beat Obama? It's early to tell, no one has really attacked him yet as they have the other candidates. But at the moment Obama's looking a little weak against the GOP, and they haven't started to attack him yet.

Really, truly, honestly. I came into this thread to find out more about Paul and his strategies because I really have no idea who to support. I don't have the money to contribute to any of them. So I'm just waiting and trying to learn. And despite what some have said, I have no agenda. I'm not trying to push or destroy any candidate, because I don't know who I want to push or destroy.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by theBigToe

Dear theBigToe,

If MsAphrodite will let me, I'd like to offer my opinion on Paul's support. It is very vocal and dedicated, probably more so than any other candidate. But I don't see it as being anywhere near large enough to win the Republican nomination. Sort of like the OWS of the Republican party.

Could he beat Obama? It's early to tell, no one has really attacked him yet as they have the other candidates. But at the moment Obama's looking a little weak against the GOP, and they haven't started to attack him yet.

Really, truly, honestly. I came into this thread to find out more about Paul and his strategies because I really have no idea who to support. I don't have the money to contribute to any of them. So I'm just waiting and trying to learn. And despite what some have said, I have no agenda. I'm not trying to push or destroy any candidate, because I don't know who I want to push or destroy.

With respect,
Charles1952

I know RP wont win. The MSM has a very clear agenda to not see him win lol. And while we have a free press, its very easy for the U.S. governments officials to imply that they wont feed the press anymore breaking stories should they print things they dont want them printing. (and I think intelligence agencys want Obama to stay in office because theyll keep him in for a second term like they did Bush if he takes whatever kind of action they want in something lets say like the Iran conflict.). And that is why you see the GOP nominations are either extremely far right or extremely far left like ron, because neither are popular enough to draw the critical votes needed to win.

BUT...

RP is the only threat to Obama. You would have to be a racist to vote Romney over Obama. Romeycare is Obamacare. Romney is also a brainwashed religious bigot that wants to protect tax rates for the rich.

and whether any of you want to believe it or not - far left liberalism is just as dangerous as far right conservatism. Obama is the ONLY center politician in this. He leans more left but he is still the ONLY center headed candidate for Presidency
edit on 20-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You complained about people who have a dissenting opinion of Ron Paul, calling them paid shills.

I chimed in because I was offended that you would say such a thing.

edit on 20-2-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Au Contraire, the Republican Party cannot win, and will cease to exist without the backing of the Ron Paul supporters.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Your well known as a Ron Paul naysayer, and I don't understand how you can't see that if any other one of those candidates get into the White house, things are going to get real bad real quick.

Look at the recent legislation that has been passed and suggested, including the Patriot act, the NDAA, NAFTA, SOPA & PIPA (which will be passed under a different name soon enough).

Can't you see what they are doing?

9/11 has been proven to be a false flag and you trust the establishment?

Your either incredibly ignorant or (I hate to say it) a paid shill, which I know you have been accused of before.

Good luck to you sir, because you will need it if you get your way.

And they will run on a republican ticket - and if they keep rigging it the people will rise up, that I am sure of.

I agree %100! You notice in his reply that he does not even touch on the relevant points you mention but only the name Ron Paul? Maybe it's a program set to detect and attack the name!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just for the life of me, can not understand how someone could argue a point like foreign policy as a good base when our country is so F'd up! Should not America be the number one priority for an American president? The other candidates have NO legs to stand on when it comes to the job at hand! Anyone who accepts the status quo, can not truly call themselves a patriot or American!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Screwed

You complained about people who have a dissenting opinion of Ron Paul, calling them paid shills.

I chimed in because I was offended that you would say such a thing.

edit on 20-2-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

Can you give a quote please.
You know, the one where I said ANYTHING about people who have a dissenting opinion of Ron Paul???
Or calling ANYONE a paid SHILL?????

I am still waiting.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andreoutlaw
reply to post by RSF77

There obviously isn't a way for me to respond to insults.

Maybe you could address some of my points, and we could discuss those?

Name calling on internet forums doesn't interest me.

Do you believe it is possible for Ron Paul to get elected? Do you believe that changing the Fed note over to Rothschild gold would cause a qualitative change in the economy? Do you believe that the "pure free market" could function in a world of international corporations that control almost all capital?

What is your specific argument against what I am saying, other than insults?

I don't have any specific argument for you nor do I want to sit here and debate about whatever you like to call mental illness while you push your website.

This post:

Originally posted by andreoutlaw
How are we still talking about this like it is real? He isn't winning anything. I mean, everyone knew from the beginning that this was the way it was going to go, so it was always delusional, but now that it is an absolute fact that there is no possibility that he can possibly win, it is incredibly frightening that people are still talking about all of this like it's real.

Doesn't it all seem slightly mentally ill, to keep going on like this, when we all know it is not going to happen? I am not sure how else to phrase what is happening on truth forums/radio/etc. It is indicative of severe psychological instability, going on like this.

Is exactly what you describe above, I call that doublespeak, flip flipping maddness. Its in my personal book of opinions and mental illnesses. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just telling you that post was ridiculous. You think you are the first person on ATS to insult someone and then respond with "I don't respond with insults"?

And yes, not immediately and it already does. Though we aren't allowed to talk about any "free markets" in America.
edit on 20-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Please. Are you seriously going to play that game? On the second page you refer to people that don't support Paul as being paid. At that point there had been very few people who had made comments that had a different sentiment than that expressed by the OP. I think at that point it had been me, charles, and Outkast and me and charles pretty much said the same thing. Since you were referring to multiple people who were getting paid to badmouth Ron Paul it's quite clear who you were referring to and your references to getting paid were clearly calling us shills. So even if you didn't come right and use the word shill and name names I think it's quite obvious to anybody in this thread who you were referring to and what you were insinuating. To deny it is to play the same game as those politicians that so many Ron Paul supporters mock in every political thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If this has already been posted , please disregard for I haven't read through all the thread's pages.

No, R. Paul hasn't chosen anyone. That vid was manipulated ...taken out of context from a vid 5 years ago.

www.dailypaul.com/ 215145/ ron-paul-has-not-selected-his-vp-please-vote-up
edit on 20-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the amount of you that believe Ron Paul haz a snowballs chance in an oven of being nominated.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by charles1952

Au Contraire, the Republican Party cannot win, and will cease to exist without the backing of the Ron Paul supporters.

Do you not see how ridiculous that statement is? You Ron Paul lot overvalue yourselves tremendously.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CJStallion

It is kind of funny that so many people on this website act as if Ron Paul is some kind savior or messiah. They act as if he got elected he will solve our Nations problems with ease.

I suppose they think, if elected POTUS, he would remove the power of congress and make all decisions on his own. Excuse me but I think that would be called a dictatorship not a democracy.

How is Ron Paul going to work with a divided congress to achieve his goals. He's going to encounter the same problems that any president would and has. He's certainly not going to be able to get some of his more far out there ideas through congress.

Don't get me wrong, I still like most of his ideas and what he stands for. But I'm starting to agree with some of the people who that Ron Paul supporters are not really thinking realistically.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just want to start that I'm not american but I follow your 2012 election and I hope that Ron Paul win, for all you guys from America, im from canada hopefuly for u guys if he win he actualy do what he said he would.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

This is the deal. We know Ron Paul may not be able save our country, because it's probably too late, but he will try. No one else will even try. We have very little time left before our freedom is gone.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Fair enough, I can agree that his message and goals are a refreshing change from the status quo.

Although, I also believe Obama had high ideals and goals for his administration. But once he became president he quickly found out how hard it is to achieve any of those goals with a divided congress.

Obama had to adjust his strategy and it will be no different with any new president.

Personally I don't think it fair to blame Obama for the problems our country is facing today. The problems that we're facing were many many years in the making. I also think the Bush/Cheney administration should bare much of the blame for our current economic crisis.

The post 9/11 policies and wars of the Bush/Cheney administration put us deeper in debt and took our freedoms. While they let the banks and corporations run this country into the ground. I further believe 9/11 was a false flag event intended to create our current situation to leave us more vulnerable to the Globalist agenda.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Oh, I had that Ru Paul for President thought independently, and I'll bet many people have missopken and chuckled at themselves for it. Seriously though- he/she would be a better choice than President Obama or ANY of the GOP candidates, less Ron Paul of course.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Yeah keep living in your fantasy land we have less than 9 months before i can point out what a fool you are! How about you put your money where your mouth is and bet your soul on the outcome, i'm willing to bet mine if you have the balls to bet yours? Let's see where you really stand shall we.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Not denying anything.
But, If I am being accused of saying something I would like someone to show me where I said it.
Much has been assumed and I find it hilarious that I can throw out a comment or a statement or accusation in general terms and there will always be someone who jumps right in and says "how could you call me that"?
or
"how could you say that about me"?

If the shoe fits.........

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by antar

here is the 5 minute video that got Napolitano fired from faux.

That video NEVER gets old.........

This video uploader seems to think he got fired because of this video

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join