It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA; why should the rest of the world support you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by TheCommentator

Because every government is involved , we're just the only one big enough to do the dirty work 24/7.
edit on 18-2-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)
Well no,
see other governments are involved because for the most part the US has installed dictators in those nations and they need to keep them in check.
I think you will find that the US gets a lot of other nations to do its dirty work.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

As an American, I say you shouldn't. But, as an American, I also say that a lot of these other countries can go hang for all I care.

One of the kids I grew up spent a while helping out at the border between North Korea and South Korea. We fought Korea over 50 years ago. Why are we still there?

On the other hand, it's either American imperialism or Chinese imperialism. Take your pick.
edit on 18-2-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

As an American, I say you shouldn't. But, as an American, I also say that a lot of these other countries can go hang for all I care.

One of the kids I grew up spent a while helping out at the border between North Korea and South Korea. We fought Korea over 50 years ago. Why are we still there?

On the other hand, it's either American imperialism or Chinese imperialism. Take your pick.
edit on 18-2-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)
Chinese, all regimes should topple eventually allowing another to take its place. Without that cycle the world will rot as it is doing right now

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Why should there be any imperialism?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

There should be absolutely none. I'm just point out the reality that we seem to currently have in this world.

If wishes and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. Should be, could be, and would be ain't the same as is, was, and will be.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yeah I guess I'm not quite ready to accept it. My approach would be to bring down American imperialism and then if the Chinese one takes its place then we'll bring that down too, maybe by then we'll be on a roll. It wouldn't be easy but it would be worth it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Ok the US put dictators in control of Asia and Europe? OOOOOOK

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

In some countries yes

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Note:

Most US foreign aid money is funneled back into multinational corporations, usually US based ones to keep the money coming back to them. Keep rolling in the profits.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Hell YES dude!!

Star 4U

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I stand by Ron Paul's foreign policy. He clearly wants the U.S. to stop policing the world and meddling in foreign countries. Bring our troops home and let countries solve their own border and internal problems. We have enough problems here at home.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

How about the fact the the US helped ensure all Europeans are not speaking German today.

Oh, those evil Americans!

Rock on Bro!!
You are correct.

I just have this feeling that most of europe has forgotten this.

Hey Europe....Your WELCOME......even though you dont recognize it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I love how you won't mention south america or africa lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You're trying to simplify an issue that is as tangled as the proverbial Gordon Knot.

I'm not saying that the US is right in our foreign policy. Personally, I'd prefer it if we left everyone alone and took care of our own.

But like it or not, the US is in foreign politics b/c the outcome impacts our nation. Many times, however, it comes back to haunt us. Case in point: our attempt to help Afghanistan expell communist Russia. Now the Taliban, whom we armed, are our enemy.

We led the invasion of Iraq looking for WMD... and protected the oil supply. Coincidence?

So no, I don't think the world should automatically support our foreign policies. Just remember, though, that the American people don't support those policies, either.

And even though this will get me flamed, stop bringing up how the US saved Europe from Hitler. That was a long time ago and a different generation of people. Our leaders, policies, and justifications have changed. We are no longer the same country.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Given that you had already reached a conclusion before you finished your OP, I suspect nothing said or done here will change how you feel.

Who are you to say whether things would have been better or worse if certain foreign policies hadn't been attempted / enacted? We know from the actions of very many other countries that famine, war, poverty and corruption are not unique to American foreign policy.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe

Given that you had already reached a conclusion before you finished your OP, I suspect nothing said or done here will change how you feel.

Who are you to say whether things would have been better or worse if certain foreign policies hadn't been attempted / enacted? We know from the actions of very many other countries that famine, war, poverty and corruption are not unique to American foreign policy.

No not really but I am intrested in hearing peoples opinions as to gain an understanding why people support such things.

Well no one, but I have a basis for my beliefs and its fairly ignorant to say that the US has actually helped most places because while they help a minority billions suffer.
The countries you speak of are often under the control of the US by installed dictators or suffering famine and poverty from the corrupt monetary system that the US forces them to follow.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Do unto others as they do unto you.Why do you think,
36 percent of the world do unto you

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Keep your money,

you have none

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would like to say this.I tdon't matter where you are from you or your, country has stuck
their noses into some body else's buisiness.Its wwhat goes on.Then its we shouldn't help;
sod them,kep our money.But the people in power would no longer be in power.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

US stick their noses in again
Not when they have been asked for help,
But after the event of pearl harbour.
LATE as usual.FACT!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join