It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA; why should the rest of the world support you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This thread is strictly about foreign policy, but of course you will all stray from that; but maybe because I said that you won’t, so who knows.

So,
Why should the world support US foreign policy?

Please don’t tell me because you give money to charity because we all know that is a bunk system that doesn’t help, especially when the US is enforcing the monetary system that puts people in poverty in the first place.
For the last century the US has been at the heart of worldwide corruption, death, destruction, war, famine and complete disregard for human rights and the environment in particular.
It would appear that the US has not really done anything good of significance, and if they have it more than likely had an ulterior motive.

Why should the world allow the US to continue breaking human rights laws and slaughtering millions of innocent people?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
True, the US gives FAR too much foreign aid money to other countries.
We have problems of our own here at home.
Forget the rest of the world, we should take care of ourselves.
We need to cut off all the money and aid to other countries.

Humanitarian aid to central america and africa......

They can rot, we should keep our money at home.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The International community should not support anything that our government wants to do unless it is something our citizens are actually backing. Many people around the world don't realize that many citizens of the U.S. don't support much of what is being carried out in 'our' name. The American people are never asked "hey, people, do you want this?'

When the United States is no longer attempting to police the world than maybe we will earn a little more respect from the community. The problem is the U.S. doesn't care about what other countries think, because somehow still, we consider ourselves a 'superpower,' and nothing we do can ever be wrong...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Because we're the lesser of all evils?

Personaly, Im all about the US closing it's doors to all but democratic/republic countries. Russia, China, and all communist countries as a whole should be shut out. Bring our troops home, keep them home, and for any attacking country... Nuke em. End the BS, just come home, get out of everyones back yard and blow away any attacks on our country. That simple. Trade with ONLY countries that doesnt poison us, steal from us, or play coat tails with us and any communist country at the same time.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
one of USA's finest founders,

George Washington, Once said

"Dont You go 'round gettin' involved in foreign affairs"

Or something similar.. along those lines.

I agree with our forefather, we shouldn't.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

You are asking the wrong question.

World, why should we, the US taxpayer, continue to support you?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

How about the fact the the US helped ensure all Europeans are not speaking German today.

Oh, those evil Americans!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

My simplistic answer is, No one should support anybody else unless it is in their best interests to do so.

When I was stationed in Germany, many wanted the bases shut down...except the towns that hosted them. The towns that had bases loved the way GI's spent their money on the local economy and the bases employed locals as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

How about the fact the the US helped ensure all Europeans are not speaking German today.

Funny thing, lately i have though maybe it would actually be a better world if Hitler had won. No more jews, no Israel and rothschilds, rockefellers and big bankers. Imagine all the troubles we have thanks to USA:s involvement in WW2.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You need to visit Dachau or Auschwitz and then rethink that statement.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Humanitarian aid to central america and africa......
They can rot, we should keep our money at home.

Interesting...so it's every man for himself?

This is why we face so many problems. We have become such a supposedly 'advanced' species, and yet we continue to reduce this race to a game of survival. Have we not grown beyond mere physical survival?

Are we, after all, nothing more than animals?

Or can we be more than animals?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Because every government is involved , we're just the only one big enough to do the dirty work 24/7.
edit on 18-2-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Reading most of your answers from an out-of-usa country, I notice that most of usa people have been so brainwashed about being the world police, and the best in the world, the only ones with attacking rights (not that anybody should have those rights), the superheroes, the center of the world, the wheel earth is rolling with, etc... that you actually don´t get the OP question. And you don´t get why the rest of the world really does not like your country to "police" (more like bully) the world.
It´s so sad.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

for any attacking country... Nuke em.

The so called "lesser" of all evils is the only country on the face of the earth to have been evil enough to use nukes on innocent civilians, twice, and then attempt to justify it. I find it ironic you would call yourselves the lesser of all evils at the start of your post and yet think you should nuke anyone who "attacks" you. History has shown us what the U.S considers to be an "attack" can be virtually anything at all and that the US will retaliate by killing civilians of that country despite these innocent people having nothing to do with it they are caught up in it as the US bring hell to their doorstep.

edit on 18-2-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

True, the US gives FAR too much foreign aid money to other countries.
Not really, on a scaled comparison the amount you give is equal to that of what nations with smaller economies give.
Not to mention the fact that the US does not intend the money to reach the affected people anyway.

Forget the rest of the world, we should take care of ourselves. We need to cut off all the money and aid to other countries.
The US could easily do this if it stoped enforcing a corrupt monetary system around the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Star for you!

U.S. foreign aid is a huge problem for Africa and central America. The aid almost always comes with strings attached, so it is used as a political and economic tool. Or, it is just plain harmful, as in the case of providing food to starving people you would think it helps but actually the free food drives down food prices and forces the local farmers out of business, they then move to the cities and add to the problem and food is then no longer being produced locally and the country becomes dependent on aid rather than being self sufficient. Another problem with aid is that it never goes to the people who need it most, rather it goes to help people that your cooperations can exploit for cheap labor. Your government whores themselves to the highest bidder, that being cooperations so like most policy the aid ends up helping them the most.

By the way I DO NOT mean the American people, your government stopped being for the people a long time ago.

edit on 18-2-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

unless it is something our citizens are actually backing
I tend to agree with this, BUT.. Its obvious to see that the population can easily be manipulated into supporting anything. I understand that many dont support it but its not like those people get heard much by America or the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Well that is questionable

Nuke em
Thats where I stopped reading

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

You are asking the wrong question.

World, why should we, the US taxpayer, continue to support you?

So death and destruction = support?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

Yet Germany owns them and the US enforces the monetary system that allows that to happen

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join