It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

And you're delusional if you think I'm going to find the answers in some fantasy books written thousands of years ago to find the answers of today of why we're in Afghanistan. Hilarious.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
When it comes to the British I think because Babylon/Iraq was under no ones control afater the Ottomans fell in WW1 they gave it back to Muslim populations who in turn drove out and killed the remaining Jews and Christians and then it became dictated under Saddam Hussian for so many years and causing more wars and torture on its people. Eventually the guilt is on the British who allowed such people to have gained this land when they could have turned it into a more peaceful democracy, but that would have been only had they fought for it back then to create a democracy. Now they are fighting for that cause for democracy because under dictatorship and islamic strict laws the region was unstable and it took 9/11 to finally say enough is enough and they changed the outcome for a greater good. Afghanistan is probably no different in making the world an overall safer place, sometimes you can bait oil and minerals if all that America understands as long as the world feels safter in the long term.

If Christ arrived on earth today he would need us to convince the world who he is, man would still make war if he did show up, man is prepared for war because they know where he is showing up and that is Zion of Israel without them even knowing why. It's a bit like King Herod, he knew of the King's arrival so he set out to detroy all the babies of that region and man is also set out to gatecrash the wedding of the bride of the church.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by jjjigga

Their government is allowing us to be there

Their American installed puppet Karzai governement after the real afghan government said to the US that they could not be there and the USA ignored and invaded.

What real Afghan government?

The Taliban. Just because your country attacked them, doesn't mean that they were not the effective government of a sovereign country.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The Taliban. Just because your country attacked them, doesn't mean that they were not the effective government of a sovereign country.

Come on now Dimitri...

You know as well as I that the Taliban were in a civil war with the Afghan Northern Alliance. Which by the way were the internationally recognized Government, not the Taliban. The Taliban regime was only recognized by 3 countries if I recall correctly Saudi Arabia, UAE and I think Pakistan.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Exactly. A government that spent a decade trying to provoke a war. The intended base for the new Caliphate, and as such were operating as the operations center of that Social-Religious-Pan-State when their group committed a multiple prong attack in North America.

For their trouble, they lost their preferred headquarters.

I find myself totally okay with that.
edit on 2012/2/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Taliban wanting war with the US is like Estonia wanting a war with Russia. The Taliban requested multiple times that the US provides proof of Osamas involvement, if such proof existed they were ready to extradite him. None was ever provided. You can see the desperation of the Taliban when they were ready to go down on their knees and beg their old enemies the Russians for military assistance. But the US does what it wants with the power it has. Hopefully some day someone goes in and rescues the US population from their corrupt government, maybe they'll understand war when it's their cities being bombed.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Come on now Dimitri...

You know as well as I that the Taliban were in a civil war with the Afghan Northern Alliance. Which by the way were the internationally recognized Government, not the Taliban. The Taliban regime was only recognized by 3 countries if I recall correctly Saudi Arabia, UAE and I think Pakistan.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ah, the Orwellian agreement of prefered historical understanding

Speaking of Orwellian weren't the Taliban the ones controlling most aspects of Afghans lives by force including but not limited to publicly executing women in their football fields?

The US executes murderers and rapist. She doesn't appear to be either.

But that's the type of people you'll defend when it suits your horribly veiled anti-US Agenda.

The Taliban was the government of Afghanistan. The US talked to the Taliban as the government of Afghanistan throughout the 90s, not Karzai's group because they did not control most of Afghanistan.

Nice try but...

Who mentioned Karzai?
Also, now NATO controls most of the country. So, by your flawed reasoning NATO is now the legitimate Government?

Eh?

After 9/11, the US was demanding that the Taliban, as the effective government of Afghanistan, hand over Osama bin Laden- Taliban demanded proof that OBL was involved in 9/11, and then the Americans (and allies) invaded anyways.

Do you deny he was in Afghanistan?

Karzai became the government after the US pushed the Taliban out and wanted their own patsies in charge.

The Northern Alliance [Who you're trying so desperately to sidestep and not acknowledge] were the ones who kicked the Taliban to the street with help from US Special Forces. They won their ten year long civil war against the Taliban. Having control of most of the country does not mean they Governed it.

Hence the term "Civil-War"

edit on 17-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Taliban demanded proof that OBL was involved in 9/11, and then the Americans (and allies) invaded anyways.

Proof??!!!???!?? Lets here it from the man himself

What more proof does someone need?

Is this anti-Jew hating denial?

Oh that is right the video is *fake*..... So that
is not proof enough..

Get a grip.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If anything, Islamic terrorism is being used to destabilize the U.S. and Europe, playing into the hands of the PTB, or more accurately, the ICBs.

It is becoming more and more obvious, that being nice and humanitarian, only encourages violent buggers from third world cultures to take advantage when ever the opportunity presents itself. Over and over the Jihadists have shown that they have no respect for Western culture, and so the only conclusion is that they deserve no respect.

Clearly we need to do a better job of speaking the language of the Jihadists.

The Jihadists are making a very foolish bet.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

While reading through your lengthy OP I must have missed the part where you show the US taking any of these resources. All I found was this quote from your NY Times source:

“This will become the backbone of the Afghan economy,” said Jalil Jumriany, an adviser to the Afghan minister of mines.

I’m sure I just overlooked the part where you prove US is robbing Afghanistan of its resources…

Can you point me in the right direction, sir?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

While reading through your lengthy OP I must have missed the part where you show the US taking any of these resources. All I found was this quote from your NY Times source:

“This will become the backbone of the Afghan economy,” said Jalil Jumriany, an adviser to the Afghan minister of mines.

I’m sure I just overlooked the part where you prove US is robbing Afghanistan of its resources…

Can you point me in the right direction, sir?

They are robbing them out of life.
They Are killing innocent people.
They are robbing the Afghan nation from their future.

The number of civilian casualties resulting from the conflict in Afghanistan has risen for a fifth consecutive year, according to a report (pdf) by the United Nations. The number of civilian deaths in 2011, according to the report, was up to 3,021 - an increase of eight per cent on the previous year's total of 2,790.

An Afghan civilian is carried away after being killed in a bomb attack in Jalalabad. (Photograph: Rahmat Gul/AP) "The report," according to the UN News Centre, "has found that the conflict is playing an increasingly intrusive role in the day-to-day lives of Afghans, with nearly 200,000 people displaced last year by the fighting, thousands of others losing their livelihoods and property, and many more having their freedom of movement restricted because of the clashes.".

Link.
www.commondreams.org...

So even if the US isn't taking these resource's from the ground, they are still stealing the most precious resource of all, LIFE.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

It is the Jihadists who are doing almost all of the killing.

Why do you blame the U.S. for the actions of the Taliban?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You know as well as I that the Taliban were in a civil war with the Afghan Northern Alliance.

Oh right the United Islamic Front for the Salvation of Afghanistan, aka Northern Alliance, i remember them, they were the poppy-farmer-warlord-guys?

The Drug War is going really well! Drugs and war, what more could western boys ask for?

In 2007, 92% of the non-pharmaceutical-grade opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan.[2] This amounts to an export value of about $4 billion, with a quarter being earned by opium farmers and the rest going to district officials, insurgents, warlords, and drug traffickers.[3]

In 2010, when the United States spent $93.8 billion in Afghanistan 3600 tonnes were exported. This year, it's a bumper harvest according to the UN, at 5800 tonnes. No doubt carried by camels of al-qaeda overnight to avoid patrols?

So why is it wrong when people are killed for religion, but it's ok when they mess with the drug lords?

But even US senators are asking about the bad maths, it doesn't add up, but lithium makes perfect financial sense, and is the modus operandi of the elites for centuries. Mineral wealth.
edit on 17-2-2012 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

It is the Jihadists who are doing almost all of the killing.

Why do you blame the U.S. for the actions of the Taliban?

Because the USA and Allies ARE killing more with their bombs than the taliban are.

US-led air strikes have killed dozens of Afghan people, the Red Cross said today as the Pentagon launched a joint investigation into what appeared one of the deadliest incidents and heaviest civilian losses so far at the hands of coalition forces.

Link.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Im trying to find more links on Afghan civilian deaths by USA and allied bombs and guns but they all seem to be censored.
I wonder why???????????????

edit on 17-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
sooo...who is mining in afganistan....i wanted to know as well, so you know what i did?? i looked it up for myself ..whaaaaat?!? am i crazzzy or what?!!

it appears that CHINA, india and canada have jumped out ahead to grab some contracts put up by the afgan govt. did i just read CHINA?..yup..sorta seems a bit off, doesn't it
and i know india and pakistan dont have the best relationship but hay..its ALL ABOUT THE BENJERMINS

quick wikki link

www.mining.com... /09/iron-ore-check-indian-companies-now-looking-to-bid-on-afghan-copper-gold-deposits/

According to mining ministry documents seen by AFP, Afghanistan is planning to sell extraction rights for up to five mines every year until the departure of the last foreign combat troops in 2014 — a rattling pace, say experts.

www.businessweek.com... 12-06/indian-group-wins-rights-to-mine-in-afghanistan-s-hajigak.html

India’s role in Afghanistan so far has included $1 billion in aid since 2002, mainly devoted to construction work and development projects. An expanded Indian presence is likely to upset rival Pakistan, according to analysts such as Bashir Ahmed, a senior fellow and retired army brigadier at the Institute of Regional Studies in Islamabad

Mining.com

..hmmmm...nothing about the u.s. mining...well i guess once the u.s. military leaves..the u.s. contractors can guard all the mines

113.491 defense contractors in afganistan

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So even if the US isn't taking these resource's from the ground, they are still stealing the most precious resource of all, LIFE.

Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s not what the OP was talking about!

The OP was implying that the US went to Afghanistan to steal the vast resources they supposedly have. In actuality, this find will be a huge benefit to the Afghan people not the US.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
sorry..i didnt mean to get this thread back on topic

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Afghan drug war debacle: Blair said smashing opium trade was a major reason to invade but 10 years on heroin production is up from 185 tons a year to 5,800 Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

No we are not exploiting them and using the military to increase drug production..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The USA is enabling all the private contractors from wherever to take it. It is the military industrial complex and it has no political boundaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join