It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I found what they were looking for in Afghanistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So, um. . . "9/11" was "staged" so that we could mine in Afghanistan?
The USS Cole was bombed for lithium in Afghanistan?
A decade of war, thousads of lives lost, more permanently injured, so we could mine in fracking Afghanistan?

Yeah, I'm sure the moon landing was staged to we could mine in Afghanistan as well!
JFK was killed so we could mine in Afghanistan also.
Hey, the War of 1812 was all a plan just so we could get ore in Afghanistan!

*forgive me if I don't join in the orgasmic group-glee of finding a reason just to hate on America.
edit on 16-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Hate? Is the reality so scary to you? If the US was really all about ending violence and fighting wars for human rights, then why is the US in the middle east and not Africa?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, all the left in the West wants to pretend that Islam will bring "peace" to Africa and we'll just shake pom-poms at them for it. So not to worry, everyone's current favourite black horse is on it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I thought I was having Deja Vu for a moment until I read the date on the article.

I've always been interested in this also. Looks like lots of people are so I'm posting the links to the other threads below. Most of them got no attention.

Someone else may have already posted links, but I'm at work and will have to catch up with this later. Forgive me if these links are already posted.

US Discovers Vast Riches of Minerals in Afghanistan

Grrr... Looting Afghanistans Minerals

Afghan mineral deposits may ......

Was the NYT story on Afghan minerals sincere?

Massive Mineral Gold depostis found in Afghanistan.

Mining in Afghanistan

$1 trillion mineral discovery in Afghanistan bogus.

The last link has a link to an excellent article on the reality of mineral finds from Casey Research to try and bring this into reality and dispel the political hype and spin by the NYT's.

What I find most strange lately is originally the Progressives were all for Afghanistan and now they pretend they are on the opposite side for political reasons. The NYT article was also hyped greatly for political reasons. Odd how people think nobody will remember their mantra about how Iraq was wrong and that Afghanistan was the good war. Amazing how they always get away with rewriting history like they do.

Truth be told, mineral riches lie under the land in pretty much every country on Earth. Problem is the cost of locating and extracting the minerals is usually more than the minerals are worth. Not to mention they don't tell you that of the estimated quantities, much of that is unrecoverable due to its location or the costs of extraction being more than it can be sold for. But then the NYT is likely the most dishonest paper in the US. There is a reason their subscriptions have dropped so low they are likely technically bankrupt. Sad since it was once a great newspaper before they went Partisan and became an arm of the DNC.

Direct Link to the article from Casey Research.

If you want to understand better what the finds mean, that article is a good place to start.

I actually know a spot in Idaho on the Snake River that has billions in gold just sitting there in Black Sands on the bottom of the river that would be really easy to Dredge. Problem is it's all flour gold and the cost of recovery is so great all you can do is stand there and wish you could find a way to make it pay. Many mineral deposits are in similar situations. Specific Gravity is not your friend with flour gold and since you can't use gravity to recover it, it's not worth bothering with. It can be separated but the costs would mean no profits.

I worked for a bit for a small mining company in 1978 opening a small mine in Idaho. The Assay revealed the ore was the richest ever found in Idaho. The yield of gold and silver per ton was very high and there was enough lead to pay for the actual mining costs. Problem was building the road would be so expensive by the time you dealt with the regulations, that it's still sitting there in the ground and will never be mined.

I know the topic has drifted other directions, but until I can find time to read I thought I'd respond to the OP really quick.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think they might be there for the Ormus. With all of those precious metals. As soon as Ormus is mainstream all of those materials will have new use.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Well, all the left in the West wants to pretend that Islam will bring "peace" to Africa and we'll just shake pom-poms at them for it. So not to worry, everyone's current favourite black horse is on it.

And here is what the Department of Defence predicts for the future of the Canadian Forces: Crisis in Zefra

Basically we helped Islamists take over Libya... so we can fight Islamists through Africa in the 2030s. I guess that is the military's idea of "investment".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Right -oh- and I for one have been watching this for several years and put many of the puzzle pieces together. here is one post from a couple years ago that matches your theories pretty well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

HUm, lets try this link...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-2-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

S&F Your prolly right

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This has been known for years. There must be other threads on it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Excellent presentation of the information. Have to applaud that.

However, when all is said and done, the Afghans, not the US have ownership of those rights, and will no doubt retain it. Whether or not there are behind closed door deals, who knows? Probably...but isn't like we'd ever be able to trace it if there was.

Initially, we got involved when Russia was going at it simply to keep those resources out of communist hands. After that, the Mujahadeen really didn't have the capital to do anything about those resources, so we likely didn't really bother with it then.

It isn't like we went back there for this though (otherwise, we would have cut deals after Russia up and left). But, it will likely be a by-product of it, but it will take YEARS to realize anything from this.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
That's great news for Afghanistan .. since they own it and all ..

But I'm sure America will get some lucrative contracts out of the deal

It doesn't work like that, American companies will gain exclusive access to the minerals and will pay next to zero in royalties. Then they will pay some token locals to work the mines at slave labour rates and this is the actual real value for the Afghani peoples.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The links provided refer to the Russian maps the US geological service used.

Same problems apply as in the Russian occupation; security, security, security.

On the plus side for the Chinese again, they could use insurgents to feed the human organs black marketeers.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Interesting read sir, this was also an egotistical war to show proof they were the baddest army on the planet for all of history. Pipelines, mineral deposits and the glory of conquering Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Aeons

And here is what the Department of Defence predicts for the future of the Canadian Forces: Crisis in Zefra

Basically we helped Islamists take over Libya... so we can fight Islamists through Africa in the 2030s. I guess that is the military's idea of "investment".

I agree that it was stupid. I remain enraged by our participation in creating the seeds of an Islamist Super-State.

I saw it happening years and years ago, but it never occured to me that our brilliant minds would help it coagulate.

The rest of Africa will slowly become cut off if this group continues, and the non-desert part of Africa is swimming in resources. So pretty much everything we did for Libya Et Al is deeply long term stupid for us and for sub-saharian Africans.
edit on 2012/2/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suffi
Interesting read sir, this was also an egotistical war to show proof they were the baddest army on the planet for all of history. Pipelines, mineral deposits and the glory of conquering Afghanistan.

If that was the case, Afghanistan would be a black hole. The whole thing could have been finished in very short order, not dragged out over a decade.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
One hand on their shoulder, the other in their pocket.

Not to worry. Another empire has set its sights on a country that has never been truly conquered. Look what happened to the Soviet Union. And the British.:

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's Plains,
And the women come out to hack up your remains,
Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
And go to your Gawd like a soldier."

Rudyard Kipling

link   
Lizard man, lizard man, weaving webs because he knows he can.

link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Ladies and gentlemen, who are they capturing? I believe I have the answer. This has probably been posted many times, but I want to really emphasize the extent of this situation:

www.nytimes.com...

Even though this is an old topic, I gave you a S&F for highlighting the importance of this. It's a topic worth reviewing. This topic has been posted on ATS before. Even Fox News mentioned it some months ago -- focus on the Chinese copper mine. I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread yet, so please excuse me if I am reiterating what has already been posted.

Remember that the Afghan War officially started on Oct 7, 2001 on the premise that we were cleaning out al-Qaeda hide-outs and reforming members of the barbaric Taliban. However, it seems it didn't take the Americans long to start testing Afghan soil for its mineral content.

So surprise, surprise -- it seems Afghanistan is loaded with much sought-after minerals & their by-products.
The list is staggering. It's not just lithium. Afghanistan is believed to have the 2nd largest copper deposits ever found in the world.

Other goodies hidden in and under Afghan soil: gold, high quality rubies, sapphires, emeralds, aquamarines, imperial topaz (the real topaz), Kunzite, garnets, turquoise, lapis lazuli, quartz crystals. Also iron, zinc, sulphur, barite and rare earth minerals. And of course, coal, natural gas, and OIL.

In Nov 2007, the China Metallurgical Group won bidding to build a copper mine in Mes Aynak in Logar Province.
The US and Canada were not happy about that.

Isn't it amazing how the Afghan War just goes on and on and on -- over ten years now. Corporate expansion paid for by the US taxpayer again.

edit on 16-2-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by AuranVector because: I can't spell.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest

"Depleted uranium is radioactive and extremely destructive to humans - with a half-life of 4.5 billion years. In other words, it takes 4.5 billion years for one kilogram of depleted uranium to reduce to a half a kilogram - the US has forever contaminated the Middle East.
reply to post by ignant

This MAY not be true, at least according to a Tom Bearden. From his site.

An apparatus exploiting the production of a time-reversal zone to selectively enhance a nuclear reaction will be shown in Fig. 24. Methods for treating a mass by creating a particular spacetime engine will be shown in Figs. 26A-26B. This process can be applied to inert or living matter. By "steering" the process as the changes occur, substances harmful to the environment such as chemical and radioactive wastes can be altered into new harmless elements and compounds.

I don't know whether this man is legitimate, or if he is a fraud. I just did a search on "how to neutralize radioactive waste" and his site was the first to pop up.

Maybe after TPTB have finished poisoning the Afghanis, they will use these methods to neutralize the radioactivity they created. You can bet the Afghanis will not have access to these neutralizing methods until TPTB are ready.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
OK, have a minute now.

The mineral riches in Afghanistan have been known for a long time. The Russians knew about it also. There are logistical reasons they never attempted to profit from it. It's a good idea to look at a Topo Map of that region to get a better understanding.

If the idea is to acquire the minerals, it's a really dumb idea.

As you can see the terrain is not to friendly there which drives extraction costs through the roof. Like I said the Russians would have been all over this if it were feasible.

Add the problem of the terrain to the complete lack of infrastructure, lack of energy sources and the fact that all needed equipment and tools would have to be imported at a huge cost and you can see no investor would be fool enough to get involved.

Contrary to the political hype, these deposits were NOT recently discovered and have been know for a long time. Politics always taints topics with spin (lies) and who is better at spin than the Liberal Media.

You also have to remember that Afghanistan is still a no mans land and when we go, it will be reoccupied pretty quickly.

It's also very relevant that when this all began, both Parties were fully behind going into Afghanistan and FULLY agreed it had to be done. It's easy to rewrite history and pretend otherwise, but that does not make it true.

Lest we forget Afghanistan was an occupied country. When the Russians left the Taliban and later Al Qaeda basically moved into power and held the place hostage. It's been a long time since Afghanistan was an actual country. The Taliban ruled by force.

I'm sure as time goes on the history will be completely rewritten for political reasons, but for now most people remember the truth, they just don't always tell the truth.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I just skimmed a bit, but I'd say it was pretty obvious when they announced the cache some time ago. Oh and the poppies..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join