It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS- One Big (seemingly leftist) Conspiracy!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
So basically your mad because there is a lot of pro Ron Paul people and pro Ron Paul threads on this site?. Seriously dude..

No, I am mad about a lot of topics being bias this has nothing to do with your man. Although he is part of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Hm, maybe your right, but do you really think a post like this or a post supporting the one percent gets 100+ alerts? That would be interesting...

I have never seen a post about anti homosexuals on this site btw.
edit on 15-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected, page 1

Oh yah, they alerted the hell out of my thread...
I am not against homosexuals (do what you want in your home)
but I do not believe they should marry. Anyways
I think *they* stick together and collaberate
especially on the anti-OWS threads...

This is not the mods or admins, it is the people.
We all have to get along here
and I enjoy learning everyones view point..

I can see where your coming from OP
and I see where the overlord is coming from.
edit on 15-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

OK then, if it's not too personal maybe we can make a poll about left-right political spectrum only. Have like a line from far left- far right and everything in between including fascists nationalists communists etc... Calculate based on a number of questions where you are. on the spectrum, even if people don't like it, if they are truly open minded they would be interested to find out, I would think.Maybe the topics can be the most popular on the forums.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Well I can say the same thing on how the MSM treats Ron Paul. Maybe the RP crowd and threads show more here on ATS, because we are offering something that the MSM doesn't. If you don't like it then just ignore it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

OK then, if it's not too personal maybe we can make a poll about left-right political spectrum only. Have like a line from far left- far right and everything in between including fascists nationalists communists etc... Calculate based on a number of questions where you are. on the spectrum, even if people don't like it, if they are truly open minded they would be interested to find out, I would think.Maybe the topics can be the most popular on the forums.

I would like to add libertarians, moderates and independent also be on the list in various stages.

In fact I will make this a new new thread in the business section so it's a nicer environment.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It was moved to rants because that is exactly what it is. A rant.

Rant - to talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner.

In case you forgot, your OP was noisy, excited, and declamatory.

Keep playing the victim if you like but you will find any sympathy hard to come by, this should help your victim mentality even more. A vicious circle huh.

It is no conspiracy, your post was moved because it should have been. You simply posted in the wrong forum. Deal with it.

If you don't want your posts to be moved add in some research next time rather than going on an emotional rant.

You see, you can't just say something and have it be true... there is this thing called evidence, it is required.
edit on 15-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The majority on this website lean conservative...I don't know what website you're visiting.

I had a thread that was criticizing conservatives, and how much of hypocrites they are(Like the OP whining about whining), and ATS removed it right away. After much ado, I finally got them to bring it back, but they moved it to a forum no one visits.

some people sound crazy on a conspiracy forum? Stop the presses!

It sounds like you're just mad that people argue against your views. It's called free speech. Maybe you're getting so upset because you're wrong? (See my signature)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Let me first say that I’ve seen you around and you and I share the same political ideology; we tend to agree on most things…and I think I gave you your lone Flag on this thread thus far!

No matter what side of issues you are on, you shouldn't blatantly ignore threads or move them just because you don't like the topic! I have had this happen to me TWICE, by mods! With little or vague explanations.

I think we’ve all had threads moved…It typically stems from posting under the wrong forum (there are many). As far as ignoring threads….well….if someone isn’t interested in the topic they won’t respond.

I don’t think the Mods are out to get you. Mods are people too…some will agree with you and others won’t.

What I have found in my six months on this site is that this is far from a non-bias site! When OWS first came to fruition many, many, many, members thought that it would be the revolution by the people for the people. When we finally get rid of all greed everywhere in the system (Do you know how hard and unlikely that is?) When smart posters who didn't follow the OWS crowd tried to find corrupt connections (George Soros), and pointed out skewed leftist ideologies that would never work in the real world, they called us crazy, racist, and working for the 1%! I find this often on other threads with touchy subjects like MSM, 9/11, the GOP elections (besides Ronnie), America, Cops, Christians, the US Army, Israel etc...

It’s true that the ideology you and I share is often looked down upon. ATS has its fair share of pseudo-intellectuals. If you read the definition below from the Urban Dictionary you’ll know what I mean!

Pseudo-intellectuals are people of average intelligence who are enchanted with highly intellectual topics and discussions such as philosophy, socioeconomics, destiny of humanity, etc.

Unlike a genuine academic, a pseudo-intellectual’s main reason for being interested in these topics is because it makes him feel intellectually superior to his peers. He usually despises main stream culture, accuses those who disagree with him as being ignorant, and when his ideas are challenged, he often retaliates with “That’s a straw man argument!”

Pseudo-intellectuals can often be found in political discussion boards on the internet, patronizing boutique shops, participating in various Anti-something rallies, sitting on a park’s bench during a weekend afternoon and playing a guitar, or spending eight consecutive years in college trying to earn a B.A degree in political science or philosophy.
Urban Dictionary

I have only found a few members on here that stand up for these topics. That point out that NOT everything is a conspiracy! I have since abandoned my conspiracy theory ways because most of you people are all crazy! And when you cannot face the facts you reiterate your talking points or whine and insult us skeptics like little children.

I think we’re all guilty of firing a few insults now and again…it happens. I’m guilty!

I know I will get heat from saying this but from the words of Rick Santorum, "Conservatism is alive and well in the US." We are not going away. We will not be silenced!!! If you don't like our talking points, debate us, don't insult us! Prove your conspiracy theories, don't push around feel bad videos or agendas.

I thought this is what this website was supposed to be about. Not a leftist cesspool of crazy unproven half truths about how members think they know how the world works. But I guess, I must be asleep.

For me, being forced to constantly defend my ideology has actually strengthened my convictions. I find it much more stimulating and rewarding to debate and support my ideology against people who disagree than just you and me agreeing and giving each other S&F’s!

My $0.02 - Hang in there and defend your beliefs…stand up for what you believe…and don’t let people who disagree with you silence you.
edit on 15-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

The majority on this website lean conservative...I don't know what website you're visiting.

You might have thought that but it’s actually just the pack mentality. When we conservatives see a thread like that we circle the wagons and let the bullets fly!! Much like Paulites do when they see anything ANTI-RON PAUL!

I had a thread that was criticizing conservatives, and how much of hypocrites they are(Like the OP whining about whining), and ATS removed it right away. After much ado, I finally got them to bring it back, but they moved it to a forum no one visits.

It was moved to a more appropriate forum…that’s not a knock against you, bud!

edit on 15-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yup you are one of the people I was talking about, apparently it's the blunt way that i write that gets people all riled up. I tend write emotionally. My posts seem to get thrown into the rant section from time to time. Like this one, i guess it's just the tone.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

lol. Thanks!

I needed a good laugh. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Your entire post is one big whining rant. lol. Thanks again.

So I can't question the ATS overlords?

Not at all, you can disagree with any one you want....what I think she is saying is "Your entire post is one big whining rant", unless I misunderstood the post.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

well it only took 2 hours for this post to be moved to the rant section. I guess pointing out bias on the site is a bad thing. Keeping people ignorant and not allowing them to hear all sides of the issues.

You're allowed to state your opinion on this site just like everyone else, so what is your problem? Here is an introductory, non-exhaustive enumeration of your possible problems:

1) You do not like opposition to your opinions. You take personal offense when people disagree with you. You would like everyone on this site to agree with you or shut up.

2) You over-estimate the efficacy and importance of your words and positions. Your OP mentioned that your important threads are "ignored". The translation for that is simple, people are not interested in or inclined to respond to your threads. People on forums tend to get disheartened when others do not see significance in their interests or opinions. You can either work on increasing the effectiveness of your presentation, or go hang out on YouTube posting one-liners.

3) You are frustrated by your inability to effectively debate your opinions in an open forum. When opinions are met with opposition, one must defend assertions with a logical and respectful presentation to garnish respect for consideration. Failure to do so may result in whining posts in the "Rant" forum, where we see ourselves on this day.

4) Etc, etc...

Best Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Everyone has a bias.

This site reflects the diversity of the population.

The shrillness of the group you are writing about is part of their nature.

Conservatives are naturally more quiet. Shrillness bothers them.

Only hope is to find an island, far away.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I know I will get heat from saying this but from the words of Rick Santorum, "Conservatism is alive and well in the US." We are not going away. We will not be silenced!!!"

That's a shame.

Sorry. I just couldn't resist. Seriously, though; if ATS was as leftist as you claim, I'd probably be a lot happier...well, in some respects at least. There are elements of Leftist thought which I do find annoying; but the majority of conservative thinking I've come across online, has simply seemed to me to be a product of mentall illness. I honestly don't understand how conservatives think the way they do, at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's a commie takeover Harry.

Be careful now, make sure to check under the beds, OK?

Love, peace and the continued exploitation.

edit on 2/15/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
OP: You were the 1st whiner here...you started. Deal with that contradiction...its pretty obvious to us all.

So go to a Disney site or someplace else...and whine there.

Talk about US!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I would like to add libertarians, moderates and independent also be on the list in various stages.

In fact I will make this a new new thread in the business section so it's a nicer environment.

Sounds like something you should put in the "political issues" section rather than the "business" section. Why would you put that in the business section anyway? You're just setting yourself up for another rant, which is exactly what your OP is.

Don't blame the mods for your own lack of comprehension.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
you think your mad now? wait till they move this thread to rant or general chit chat and it gets ignored completely because off topic gets about one reply an hour if its a good thread.

sorry mods but i was told by the site owner that open debate requires one to be open, so I am being open about my sentiments.

Yeah, I am waiting patiently for this to get moved to the off topic rant section just so they can prove my point!

See this theory can be proven!
lol... looks like you've been moved to the rant section... and rightly so, this is nothing but a rant, and you'll probably post another rant about how this rant was moved to the rant section.

May I suggest the GLP forum to you sir?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

My posts seem to get thrown into the rant section from time to time. Like this one, i guess it's just the tone.
lol, no, it's the fact that they ARE rants... is this about 9/11, is this about secret government plans, is this about paranormal phenomena? The answer is, this thread is simply a rant about nothing in particular, it may be some what political, but it really is just a rant where you are whining about what people on ATS believe, and you are making all sorts of accusations, acting like some sort of victim and seemingly calling for some sympathy... it's quite frankly a sad state of affairs when someone is reduced to posting threads like this. Get a grip and pull yourself together sir, then maybe someone will take you seriously.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

If you do not like it, you could always not log on. No ones making you do that ya know

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join