It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ATS- One Big (seemingly leftist) Conspiracy!

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 

What do the mods have to do with anything?
Are they supposed to censor the "foolish leftists cesspool dwellers"?




posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 


So it's ok for ATS to have an agenda (OWS, Ronnie) and not me?

I can't like a certain political agenda? I don't try to force it upon people, I just say facts or whine about how big the government is.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Plus only Ron Paul is promoted


Nothing is "promoted" except by the flags and activity of members.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by sageofmonticello
 


I am not reiterating my talking points about such topics on this thread, this thread is about promotional bias on ATS nothing about my own personal beliefs.



Your entire post is about your personal beliefs. Promotional bias on ATS is a very small part of it. If you don't want to talk about anything else perhaps you should edit all of your personal beliefs out of your rant and just leave the 2 sentences about promotional bias on ATS.


Here, I'll do it for you




I have found that on this website the mods are clearly bias and some threads with blatant attacks on theories and opinions or topics that do not please the general population of ATS are clearly ignored..... What I have found in my six months on this site is that this is far from a non-bias site!



Another source of humor from your post is that you complain that on a conspiracy site that too many people think that things are conspiracies. Newsflash! for any topic that you can think of there will be somebody here who thinks there is a conspiracy involved. Probably has something to do with this being a site about sharing conspiracy theories though...


edit on 15-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello
 


NO, this a theory about bias on ATS. I had to highlight certain left leaning bias on this site that I have found. If you don't know what that is then that's ridiculous.

I have mentioned the topics above and I only put my beliefs there so you can see where I stand on the issues. None of you would understand why i am attacking ATS otherwise.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's a verbatim quite from a "Contact Us" email this month:



Delete my account!

I no longer wish to be associated with this right-wing conservative mouth piece you call ATS. Go hang with your Obama-hating Fox News loving fascists all you want, but remove my name from this filth.



Odd that.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by sageofmonticello
 


I am not reiterating my talking points about such topics on this thread, this thread is about promotional bias on ATS nothing about my own personal beliefs.


Surely you jest...or, have a memory problem. Your whole OP is about your personal beliefs.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here's a verbatim quite from a "Contact Us" email this month:



Delete my account!

I no longer wish to be associated with this right-wing conservative mouth piece you call ATS. Go hang with your Obama-hating Fox News loving fascists all you want, but remove my name from this filth.



Odd that.


Hm, that's interesting was that from the 2008 elections perhaps? I can make a lot of similarities between Obama fans and Paul fans today, but this thread is not about that.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


I am sorry if it does not fit your agenda but anything you put in your post is fair game for discussion. If you don't like it take it out of your post.

Is it really that hard for you to answer two questions that I asked about the post that you typed and published? Seriously?

It is not off topic when I quote your text and ask you to explain what you meant.
edit on 15-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by sageofmonticello
 


I am not reiterating my talking points about such topics on this thread, this thread is about promotional bias on ATS nothing about my own personal beliefs.


Surely you jest...or, have a memory problem. Your whole OP is about your personal beliefs.



Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by sageofmonticello
 


NO, this a theory about bias on ATS. I had to highlight certain left leaning bias on this site that I have found. If you don't know what that is then that's ridiculous.

I have mentioned the topics above and I only put my beliefs there so you can see where I stand on the issues. None of you would understand why i am attacking ATS otherwise.





posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


If you read my post, that email came in within the last two weeks.

There are others like it... pretty much equally distributed from both sides of your artificial political fence.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


You are a prime example of why the GOP is hurting in the polls against Obama.

There is really nothing more to say.

Blame yourself....not everyone else.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


Yes, you are correct. You are attacking ATS. I'll wager, you are trying to see how far you can push a boundary before you get banned. Then, you can huff off into the sunset feeling vindicated. Grow up Dearie....

Des








edit on 15-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Blackmarketeer
 


So it's ok for ATS to have an agenda (OWS, Ronnie) and not me?

I can't like a certain political agenda? I don't try to force it upon people, I just say facts or whine about how big the government is.


All I seem to get from what your saying is, you should be able to say whatever you want without any opposition. Is that it? If its coming from people who do not share your views its an agenda and when its coming from you its not.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


If you read my post, that email came in within the last two weeks.

There are others like it... pretty much equally distributed from both sides of your artificial political fence.


Can you perhaps make a poll about right or left topics and see where members stand? Do you have a poll like this in existence. I would be very interested in analyzing that.

Doing this might help ease tensions from either far left or far right members that this site is not bias like so many claim.


edit on 15-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If we are only talking about the GOP race, then I don't think you are going to find many "Rick Santorum is our guy" threads around here. Why? Well, Santorum is part of what is perceived as "main stream". Don't cry that there is some leftist conspiracy going on. AS someone who usually finds himself as a moderate, but has some left leaning tendencies, I simply can't see where I get much support in my ideology related posts. I certainly don't think I'm in a majority around here, and that lack of support towards my thoughts certainly doesn't make me think there is a right-wing conspiracy either.

Why do you think Ron Paul is so popular on ATS? He's got quirky ideas, and he doesn't appeal to main stream America. Frankly, Ron Paul could campaign only on a promise to do weekly card tricks and televise his colonoscopy during a State of the Union Address, and he would still be wildly popular with some on ATS.

The best thing you can do for your cause is to vote when the time comes. It doesn't matter if anyone agrees with you; it's your vote. Or are you one to yell loudly, but not act when the time comes?



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


Yes, you are correct. You are attacking ATS. I'll wager, you are trying to see how far you can push a boundary before you get banned. Then, you can huff off into the sunset feeling vindicated. Grow up Dearie....
Des


good one!
Maybe we should just feel sorry for the o.p.. It really hurts when you come to the conclusion that your beliefs are antiquated and that you are now a minority...truth hurts, Whichever side of the coin you answer to.






edit on 15-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I guess it's about your perspective. To me it seems like there are more right wing views represented here. But conspiracies attract people from all political spectrums. I never came here for the politics, I came for the UFO's, but stay here for the politics and discussion. I very rarely visit the UFO forum.

I tell you what the biggest problem with this site is the black and white thinking or the with us or against us attitudes.

Life is a lot more complicated with many shades of grey in between 2 opposing beliefs. One can be socially liberal and fiscally conservative or socially conservative and believe in big government. Then there are all the stages in between.
edit on 15-2-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
To be honest I don't know what any of us are doing here wasting time and reading this thread.
This guy obviously wants to feel like a victim and nothing that we say is of any use to him, unless he gets a high five from a fellow extremist.

I will make one point, from a global perspective ATS is more right wing than left wing. Anybody with exposure to global politics in democracies will tell you this. Perhaps its more equal when looking at it as an American, but thats because US politics leans further to the right.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
If we are only talking about the GOP race, then I don't think you are going to find many "Rick Santorum is our guy" threads around here.

The best thing you can do for your cause is to vote when the time comes. It doesn't matter if anyone agrees with you; it's your vote. Or are you one to yell loudly, but not act when the time comes?


I agree and I am voting, but not sure for whom yet, we'll see who survives. Obviously not obama.

So you admit some sort of bias on here and I guess non-mainstream is a little nicer way to put it. But conservatism or republicans are only a minority on this site. In reality they make up half the voters!



new topics




 
6
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join