It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Tasmania, bottom of the world, my prison, my home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You are not alone - As a Teacher I see Students who are experiencing life as you are.You could move and still feel the same as you do know. By connecting to this website you have moved in a positive direction.

Stay focussed and know that seeing the world in all its not so great glory - is a gift. Please allow me to refer you to the Wayseer Manifesto should you not have found it. I have started using the Wayseer Manifesto in the classroom. I teach casual at present and the last school I worked at last year - the Students sat through it - the bell sounded for recess and they did not move - I have NEVER witnessed that before. It is only ten minutes.

If I may indulge my Teaching with you - I would suggest you watch the clip - just watch and enjoy and go for the journey it provides. Then as I do in the classroom - I would suggest the Student pick out all the notables - sometimes I get the question - Miss what is a notable - so I explain that all through history there are people who make a difference - some are famous some are infamous - some don't get recognised while they are alive - some struggle their entire life etcetera - get the picture.

Hope you don't mind me indulging my Teaching skills with you - at least I know you are connected to your inner sense of knowing and I know you are connected to the internet. Happy to help you try to find some joy - I feel as you do sometimes but I am not moving because I know that the world and all her sentient living beings are all travelling the journey together.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

thank you kindly, I'll check it out.
It's quickly becoming apparent that there are going to be many opportunities for me to sit back and learn from others here. I just want to point out again though, I've been down the path of 'new age wisdom stuff', awakenings, conscious awareness, one-ness, internal peace, all that jazz... there was a time in my life before I discovered this site that I was in a blissful state, my mind was very still and I had achieved a semi-permanent state of meditation (yes that's insane and pretentious as all heck) Then I began to read about some sinister things... The 'New World Order', 'Elites', 'TPTB'... This became my new focus and purpose, sacrificing peace of mind in order to see just how far the conspiracy goes. Maybe later down the track I'll create my own thread in the philosophy and metaphysics section and let fly some ideas that I've been cooking up, but for now I'm here to join in the discussion on the most important issues that we're all facing. I began this journey a few years ago with the intention to 'wake up' as many people as I could, I watched it begin to happen through the internet all around the place so I'm sure I wasn't the first. But the goal now, the way I see it, is not personal enlightenment, first we must all band together and liberate the majority of humanity from the shackles we're in. Unfortunately, I don't it can or will be achieved peacefully

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hey dude.. unfortunately, I always think of the Port Arthur Massacre when ever Tas is mentioned.. you are probly yoo young to remember.. but they screwed us over big time with that false flag.. poor Martyn Bryant.
Have you read up on it? He was framed up big for that attrocity.. would you mind visiting him in jail for me? lol... although I think he isnt allowed visitors, cause they wouldnt want people discovering that someone with an IQ well below 100 could not achieve what he supposedly did. Which a NSW cop who witnessed it, said it wasnt him.. No trial..
And what did we get? Our guns taken away.. what the NWO is going on down there..?

I agree with some other people here... leave! Put you guitar on your back and head north!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS mate
The great thing about the internet is that no matter how geographically isolated you may be, you are never alone! ...and besides, due to weather and tidal patterns, Tassie is about the safest place on the planet from Northern Hemisphere nuclear radiation ( re: Fukushima and/or Nuclear conflict)!!

Sounds like you might have some decend viewpoints and insight to share so welcome aboard!

edit on 14-2-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasmanaut
reply to post by Amanda5

my mind was very still and I had achieved a semi-permanent state of meditation (yes that's insane and pretentious as all heck) Then I began to read about some sinister things... The 'New World Order', 'Elites', 'TPTB'... This became my new focus and purpose, sacrificing peace of mind in order to see just how far the conspiracy goes.

Peace brother! Great message.

You are the conspiracy. You are bliss and you are sinister. But really you are the one experiencing "you" bounce around the truth. Above and below zero-point. When you are bliss you will hear of and experience eternal bliss. When you are in the dark, the world is sinister and a conspiracy.

Dude, get your guitar and start walking towards wherever/whoever it is you want to be. What do you need money for? Your first stop should be Byron Bay.. i only suggest this because it's somewhat nearby and likely accessible with no accumulation of money or planning. From there you will experience first hand a global tribe of people who do not live in the deadened reality you are acquainted with.

Well I left my happy home
to see what I could find out
I left my folk and friends
with the aim to clear my mind out

Well I hit the rowdy road
and many kinds I met there
and many stories told me on the way to get there

So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
So much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out

In the end I'll know
but on the way I wonder
through descending snow
and through the frost and thunder

I listen to the wind come howl
telling me I have to hurry
I listen to the robin's song
saying not to worry

So on, and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
So much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out

Well I found myself alone
hoping someone would miss me
Thinking about my home and the last woman to kiss me

Well sometimes you have to moan
when nothing seems to suit you
but never the less you know
your locked towards the future

So off and on you go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know and I'm on the road to find out

And I found my head one day
when I wasn't even trying
and here I have to say
cause there is no use in lying, lying

Yes the answer lies within
so why not take a look now
Kick out the devils sin
pickup, pickup a good book now

Yes the answer lies within
so why not take a look now
kick out the devils sin
pickup, pickup a good book now

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by Tasmanaut

First of all welcome to ATS where you can be yourself. Some people think I am crazy, I am sure. But I have researched my way to this set of beliefs, always following what my father the cop taught me; "You have to go where the evidence leads you, even if you don't like where it leads you."

IMO you can be popular, or you can be correct, but you cannot be both if you are a thoughtful persons who considers things. Indeed considering things is an unpopular past time these days all by itself. On thing though...

A few years ago, I had an experience, that I understand I'm not allowed to discuss here, suffice to say it was profound and eye opening.

I am clueless as to what you are talking about and just as curious as a cat. I U2Ud you on this even though I know that you have to get in 17 more posts to be able to reply - if I remember correctly.

Anyway, a flag for you for being a person who thinks. Welcome, we need more of your kind here.

Itta
edit on 14-2-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

He means psychedelics.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You and I are long lost brothers, man. I relate to some things you said very strongly. Like you, I am a self diagnosed Aspie. It took me twice as long to discover it as you, though.. unfortunately the youngest years are thw worst - when we needed to know what was wrong with us the most. I beat myself up a lot for how socially awkward I was growing up, not knowing what was wrong with me.

Also, like you, I have always felt different from everyone else and like I saw how things should be but weren't and no one eelse got it. They say Aspies are emotionally three times younger than the norm and intellectually 3 times more advanced than the norm. Some say we might be the next step in evolution...

I would love to hear your theories on things maybe we would be able to understand each other better than other non-aspies?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

nice one pal BELOW australia mmm looks like you missed your geography lesson that day i hope you are just joking !! one country many islands as is Scotland where i hail from so lets get snuggly with our pals over the water and welcome to this strange realm of nice people

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Tasmania

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Welcome aboard.

My only advice is that you do something about your limited view. Tassy is excellent. It might not suit you now, but this is where your roots lay and you will always have strong connection with the place. In a way it already frames you. You don't need any strong opinions about the place. They all will change.

If you want to find out how much you have, make a few plans for journeys you think you would really like to make. Do it step by step as you learn every time, but leave a lot of your time open for opportunity.. as much as you can.

The blissful state is actually happening 'outside' your meditative state. You are the witness to that. It is not the witness.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasmanaut The media here is a joke... The people are dim witted and oblivious, but for this I don't hate them nor hold a grudge, for I know all too well this is to be expected. Most people are unhappy with their lifestyle, trying to out do each other with the bit of money they do have... And yet there are still those that are very rich, exclusive and snobby, that have their own little piece of the pie on this island, buying their way into politics and such... Very slowly, our heath system, education system, economy, tourism, job market, in fact most things about this place are slowly going down the toilet, in a very slow, deliberate fashion. Just slow enough so as to not alarm anyone, and just obvious enough to really fire me up

I live on the other side of the world and a hemisphere away, yet those words describe my society perfectly.

This is happening on a world wide scale and I doubt it's by accident. Globalism is being engineered on a worldwide scale to benefit the few. The masses will realize only after it is too late (as we always do).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

are you sure you want to hear theories ?
It only gets stranger from here on in

and my friend, there is and never has been anything wrong with you
edit on 15-2-2012 by Tasmanaut because: extra bit added

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I appreciate the advice I'm getting to pack up my things and hit the road with a guitar, but I really can't stress enough how poor I am, the little money I manage to save quite well, I may have enough money for a ticket to Sydney to go to Byron bay if i saved for half a year, but to arrive with no money or possessions and live on the street, someone like me simply couldn't hack. I've considered wondering off into the wilderness or down the south of the island to see what I can see... I can't stress enough how oblivious the average person is down here, how narrow minded they are with their world view. Those that aren't are privileged enough to attend university where they receive a bloated sense of themselves and look down on others... Yes I am generalizing, but the people here are oh so predictable. I went to university myself for a while, realized it was the wrong direction and am now nearly 3 grand in debt... Again, this place is beautiful and there are lovely people, but take a stroll through town any given day of the week, go to a pub or a sporting event, take a look at the masses and then you'll have some idea of what I'm on about. I'm really not good at putting myself out there (job interviews, etc), nor do I believe that I should have to be. An economic collapse is coming anyway, a great leveler. I feel that then I will have more to offer

I don't particularly want anything more from life other than the freedom to live the way I want to, which is gradually being taken from us all. The old dream was a little house with a family and a wife, a garden to live in happily ever after. I've now lost all desire for women, families or houses, possessions or success. I don't wish to be a 'rock star' or a celebrity musician. All I wanted to play a little show in a pub for people who would appreciate it, and now that too is being taken away. Hey, when the SHTF and you all start migrating here, you can help me fix this place.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Tasmanaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

If there is one thing that I can bring to the table it is that. Believe it or not, 'globalization' is affecting even the most remote parts of the world, and there are some people that can see it. I relate more to citizens of Greece in their plight right now. I feel very much connected to the 'global revolution' and wish that I could be in these active locations and do something other than sit and read about it on a computer....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Find a chick and go get laid.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
Find a chick and go get laid.

Do you actually have anything intelligent to say? Or did you just feel like making an ass of yourself and denigrating a new member?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

no desire to, but thanks all the same. The ladies around here begin mating about the age of 12 and by now there is no tread left on the tires so to speak.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
Great intro.

When being with friends becomes like the Groundhog Day film
(because they repeat and never change),
sometimes it is just healthier for yourself to say goodbye and hope they eventually mature and change.
this link may tick some boxes with you 10 myths about introverts

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Thank you for the link, I think the points raised hit the nail on the head and I couldn't agree more. In particular;
"Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in."
I can foresee my little band of allies growing through ATS. Heck, I'd like it to include the whole world. People do seem to be 'waking up' as they say... The wall between Introverts and Extroverts is perhaps only one of tolerance and understanding

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

hello and welcome

I understand you and I care. I also live on a small island. It is hard and i too have always felt different... not saying im more special than anyone i just feel the same as you i can see things for what it is.
the world is mundane at times but i appreciate this little place so much and it hurts to see it crumble.

i would love to hear about your experience which you say you cannot talk about.

Im always here with ears open and im not judgemental im more than happy to listen if you need an ear.

Take care , have a nice day and stay positive.. enjoy the things you do even if they are different

try stay true to yourself and dont forget who you are! x

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join