It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Tasmania, bottom of the world, my prison, my home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

Thank you for stopping by. It's a nice feeling to know that people are relating to some of the things I've said so far. And just to clarify again, I don't hate my life or this place, it's beautiful, but the society is sick and in grave danger from themselves and those that would profit from their misery.... as far as the 'experience' goes, *ahem* psychedelic fungus....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasmanaut
reply to post by rwfresh

I appreciate the advice I'm getting to pack up my things and hit the road with a guitar, but I really can't stress enough how poor I am, the little money I manage to save quite well, I may have enough money for a ticket to Sydney to go to Byron bay if i saved for half a year, but to arrive with no money or possessions and live on the street, someone like me simply couldn't hack. I've considered wondering off into the wilderness or down the south of the island to see what I can see... I can't stress enough how oblivious the average person is down here, how narrow minded they are with their world view. Those that aren't are privileged enough to attend university where they receive a bloated sense of themselves and look down on others... Yes I am generalizing, but the people here are oh so predictable. I went to university myself for a while, realized it was the wrong direction and am now nearly 3 grand in debt... Again, this place is beautiful and there are lovely people, but take a stroll through town any given day of the week, go to a pub or a sporting event, take a look at the masses and then you'll have some idea of what I'm on about. I'm really not good at putting myself out there (job interviews, etc), nor do I believe that I should have to be. An economic collapse is coming anyway, a great leveler. I feel that then I will have more to offer

I don't particularly want anything more from life other than the freedom to live the way I want to, which is gradually being taken from us all. The old dream was a little house with a family and a wife, a garden to live in happily ever after. I've now lost all desire for women, families or houses, possessions or success. I don't wish to be a 'rock star' or a celebrity musician. All I wanted to play a little show in a pub for people who would appreciate it, and now that too is being taken away. Hey, when the SHTF and you all start migrating here, you can help me fix this place.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Tasmanaut because: (no reason given)

You don't need money. Your main obstacle is fear. Fear of starving, fear of violence, fear of the unknown.. fear of failure. There are ferries from Taz to mainland for about 100-200 dollars. Go down to the docks and you will probably find a ride for free. Dude i PROMISE you that once you make the decision to leave that mindset the world you will discover will BLOW your mind. And it doesn't matter what i or anyone else tells you the world is.. But i can tell, just by your own expression, you are in for a wonderful eye-opening experience by simply walking towards where you want to go. Yeah it may seem difficult but you will not convince anyone it is impossible. Some people reading this would give their LIFE to be in your position. No job, no wife or kids.. NO responsibility. Go Go Go. What do you need money for? for what? Are you worried you will starve? hahah My brother lived on the streets here in -30 weather for 6 months and GAINED 15 pounds. It's all in your head. Believe me there are people right outside your doorstep experiencing a level of freedom you can only fantasize about. And it has nothing to do with money or politics, the NWO or rebellion or fighting.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
You don't need money. Your main obstacle is fear. Fear of starving, fear of violence, fear of the unknown.. fear of failure. There are ferries from Taz to mainland for about 100-200 dollars. Go down to the docks and you will probably find a ride for free. Dude i PROMISE you that once you make the decision to leave that mindset the world you will discover will BLOW your mind. And it doesn't matter what i or anyone else tells you the world is.. But i can tell, just by your own expression, you are in for a wonderful eye-opening experience by simply walking towards where you want to go. Yeah it may seem difficult but you will not convince anyone it is impossible. Some people reading this would give their LIFE to be in your position. No job, no wife or kids.. NO responsibility. Go Go Go. What do you need money for? for what? Are you worried you will starve? hahah My brother lived on the streets here in -30 weather for 6 months and GAINED 15 pounds. It's all in your head. Believe me there are people right outside your doorstep experiencing a level of freedom you can only fantasize about. And it has nothing to do with money or politics, the NWO or rebellion or fighting.

Can everyone do that though? As someone who has Asperger's syndrome myself the prospect of being homeless and dealing with the issues that would create seems incredibly daunting. Let's put it this way.. I would give myself much better chances of thriving in the wilderness than around people specifically because of the issues Asperger's creates. But who knows.. if someone who had that kind of experience could explain how they did it and overcame those obstacles then it might be possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
pretty much dude... and the Spirit of Tasmania ferry isn't free
It really is not that simple. It may be possible for a bubbly engaging person however. With the limited people skills I have I simply wouldn't survive on my own. I'd need my 2 best friends with me. I went to live with one in Victoria for a week and even then I decided it's not the location that is getting me down... Yes it's a self imposed prison, but as you say, I'm lucky to be where I am and i acknowledge and accept that

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I used to live in Penguin, near Devonport and Ulverstone. I hear you, i know of what you speak... chin up squire, we'll get you sorted

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hi there Taz..

I got some family in Hobart, not been over to Oz yet, but it is on the cards at some point.

On another note, your location does give you an opportunity to answer one of the big questions on ATS...

Get some camping gear, a good camera/video camera and go find us a living Thylacine. If you found one of them in the you'd be a Natural History Hero.

Just an idea

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What about something like this? This is probably a crazy idea and you might not have have any interest in something like this.. this could give you some ideas and expand your mind and thinking though..

en.wikipedia.org...

This something I would love to do.. I don't recommend trying to go around the world right away but being on an island you could try building up to this kind of range... maybe you could trade for one of these kayaks.. I have also seen you can make them but I don't know how durable the homemade version is..

www.instructables.com...

It's possible you could even get some financing - sponsorship. It would be cool to get some digital cameras and solar gear and film the whole thing.

Maybe you could contact this guy and tell him your situation.. he would probably have some great wisdom to share..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.expedition360.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Textreply to post by Tasmanaut

Living there is really is bad for you and I hate to say it is not better here. The only thing is find away

to make way to make way work for you keep on the web and you will find it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasmanaut

Can't flag or star you yet but good introduction!!!!!

I'm completely fed up, I've become detached and isolated from all but 3 of my friends, I've lost the ability to interact with people in a way that isn't extreme or laughed at. I sit, powerless, watching the world slowly crumble and burn, from the very bottom, sheltered away, unable to join the revolution, unable to start one. My gift is in seeing the truth, my curse is the inability to communicate it.

Just to let you know, you are not alone.............I'm right there with you.

Don't let the craziness of the world drive you mad.

Take a break, read some uplifting poetry
Play your music, play it until your soul shakes, rattles and rolls - lose yourself within it.

It's hard to tell everyone what you / we see coming down.

Most don't really want to know, they can't handle the truth.

It's like in Beetlejuice where Lydia (Winona Ryder) is asked by the two ghosts, "Why can you see us when nobody else can?" and she replies "Most people either can't or won't see me."

Simple as that.

Another thing that might help you is to start a journal as it will get you in touch with your feelings, they call it "Writing Down The Bones" (good book by that name, author is Natalie Goldberg).

And maybe sketching or painting.

Lastly, don't let current medical science label you - you are you and a unique and gifted person.

Hope to see you around.

Welcome to ATS.

edit on 16-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm curious about the experience you had "a few years ago... that I understand I'm not allowed to discuss here, suffice to say it was profound and eye opening"! Maybe one day this can be explored?

If you're shy, and want to get into the world. I suggest find a away to take theater lessons! They push you into extroversion, and they're fun, and there's long hours surrounded by beautiful people! (Who are only occasionally annoying.)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Is your name Brad, Tasmanaut..?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join