It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan Base 'Aryan' Raises Objections From Soldiers Over Name

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ShockTruther

It would also be nice if some soldiers would let the hot air out of their heads when it comes what they claim is a lack of respect for the armed forces.

Respect has to be earned. It's not automatically doled out to someone just because they signed up. Ditto for heroes. To be a hero, you have to commit an act of actual bravery. Just signing up does not make you a hero.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

The one in the middle resembles Cindy Crawford. Still very attractive.

In all fairness, Aryan is a term that is not exclusive to the nazis. There is however the Aryan Nation, an American paramilitary group.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Perhaps the REAL soldiers (if there are any) should stand up and teach these punks a lesson.

If they won't, then that's the military's problem. They need this macho, tough-guy culture to justify their actions abroad.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The Pentagon.

AKA

The Satanic Nazi Pedophiles - gon.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
If the Nazi's are alive and well in the US Army like is claimed.. why are they fighting the Jews and Israels Wars? Riddle me that..

edit.. just one last thing.. haven't the German people been guilted enough over the past 70years?
Isn't it about time we gave them a break? I think they have been slandered enough and deserve a fresh start, guilt free.. afterall, the people who participated in the war crimes are long dead.. why torture their descendants with this BS over and over agan ad nauseum..

Seeing Nazi's in every little symbol and gesture that might popup is just ludricous.

I've personally had enough of it.. I know the Jews wont let it go.. because of the pester power trip they get from it.. but can't everyone else just live and learn and move on already?
edit on 14-2-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: edit

edit on 14-2-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: sp

Because they always were and still are one happy family and you live at pine gap so you already knew that.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

Originally posted by bg_socalif
"Aryan" was around a long time before the Nazi's perverted it for their own use.

In Sanskirt it means "Noble". "Aryan" also referes to Indo-European peoples.

The Nazi's perverted it by declaring Nordics i.e. Germanic's where the true "Aryans". The Nazi's considered them more racially "pure" than Indo-Europeans.

Anyhow, it's just more PC BS, IMHO.

Essentially what this guy said.

Yeah. More PC bs people can use to get mad over.

It's just so very easy to get mad over things than to simply remain calm.

Cheers

Well hey, guess what?

It doesn't matter how innocent the explaination may sound by describing the origins of the word Aryan. It doesn't change the historical fact of what the Nazis used it for. It doesn't change the fact that the word Aryan itself is a very controversial word with or without Nazi connotations because it is usually used, specifically in the US, to refer to the "pure" caucasian race.

And guess what? I happen to be an Aryan by definition yet I don't support this crap. If it was Iranians with the base called Aryan, it would be acceptable, but it seems provacative for Americans to use it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
Here's the most likely reason it may be called 'Aryan'

Between 2000–1200 BC, a branch of Indo-European-speaking tribes known as the Aryans began migrating into the region.
Afghanistan was inhabited by the Aryan tribes and controlled by the Medes until about 500 BC when Darius the Great (Darius I) marched with his Persian army to make it part of the Zoroastrian Achaemenid Empire.

I highly doubt the name of the base was intended to be in any way related with Nazism or racism. That being said they might as well just change it now considering the bad press recently.
edit on 14-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

So not neo-Nazism,

but neo-Imperialism/Colonization??

as the excerpt applies in context to the OP's question at hand?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well hey, guess what?

It doesn't matter how innocent the explaination may sound by describing the origins of the word Aryan. It doesn't change the historical fact of what the Nazis used it for. It doesn't change the fact that the word Aryan itself is a very controversial word with or without Nazi connotations because it is usually used, specifically in the US, to refer to the "pure" caucasian race.

And guess what? I happen to be an Aryan by definition yet I don't support this crap. If it was Iranians with the base called Aryan, it would be acceptable, but it seems provacative for Americans to use it.

So it is exceptable for everyone in the world other then
the USA to use the term *aryan* for something?

Seems a little lop sided. I know as an American, I am not
going to be defined by what white people did hundreds of
years ago, had nothing to do with me...
Funny how non-Americans speak the loudest on AMERICAN issues..
Doesn't Canada have their own problems?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As an Indian i don't understand the whole fiasco over the word 'aryan' and symbol 'swastika'.
Aryan is a sanskrit word which means noble and swastika is a symbol of prosperity.
If a terrorist group call itself 'american jehadis' for example, would you hate the american word??
Its silly.
Why can't we look at the brighter aspect of those words rather than focussing on the fanatics???

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Can't have soldiers being too macho or 'aryan' it makes the ptb worried.
Tough at the top don't you know

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

You don't have a clue on tribal migration patterns if that's the case on the Caucus Mountain origin of naming etc...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by duality90

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by duality90

They fail to teach that when you shame a proud country too much for sins of their fathers.... that eventually they stop being so understanding about it.

The economic punishment of the WWI precipitated the situation that created the atmosphere that made Hitler and the Nazis possible. It seems social punishment takes longer to hit the wall. The social punishment boomerang might make the economic/social boomerang effect from WWI to WWII look like fluffy bunnies unless some stupid elitists don't smarten the eff up.

??? Germany is a stable democracy with extremely strict respect for its constitution. It is arguably the healthiest nation, socially and economically outside of Scandinavia in Europe right now.

Oh. So that's what you call an correlated increase in extremism that tracks perfectly to an increase in thought-control legislation.

The Scands are having problems because their "health" is based on homeogenity, the very thing that they are desconstructing while pretending that their health never had anything to do with homeogenity. Scands particularly rely heavily on societal conformity social enforcement and fail to acknowledge it. In not acknowledging it, the introduction of non-conformist thought is causing both societal problems and extremism.

Even better, the new social conformity enforcement is to enforce not challenging extremism so long as it comes packaged in a non-Scand package. The irony burns.
edit on 2012/2/14 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
of course those damn snipers knew what the ss was,
wouldn't be surprised if back home they were all neo-nazis or such
lot's of gangs signing up to get combat training

Couldn't agree more.

Apologists thrive on topics like these, but common sense goes a long way if you know how to use it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Well hey, guess what?

So it is exceptable for everyone in the world other then
the USA to use the term *aryan* for something?

years ago, had nothing to do with me...
Funny how non-Americans speak the loudest on AMERICAN issues..
Doesn't Canada have their own problems?

Using the word "Aryan" to name a military base is not the same as simply just using the world Aryan in casual conversation.

But then again I shouldn't be so surprised when it comes to Americans copying the names and image of their defeated enemies. Just look at how aboriginal warrior culture is expressed in the US military: AH-64 Apache, for example.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
To name any U.S. military outpost as "Aryan" is repugnant in nature; The same as it was repugnant in nature for Hitler's attempt to breed a master Aryan race.

Probably the easiest way to find if any members of your military unit, have any sympathy's for Fascist doctrine, is to visit the military bases latrine's, or spot-o-pot's; and check for any written Fascist graffiti or Nazi symbol's written on the wall's.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

years ago

How's your Constitution?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well hey, guess what?

It's ok if you, and others want to continue CHOOSING to be offended by these trivial matters when you don't have to.
I think you'd all be much happier just relaxing.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

lol watch now how the justifiers try to claim it's a reference to persians or some crap like that

the history you were taught is a lie

the nazis couldn't beat us, so they joined us
and corrupted from within.

of course those damn snipers knew what the ss was,
wouldn't be surprised if back home they were all neo-nazis or such
lot's of gangs signing up to get combat training

People twist things around to justify what ever they want.
The snipers know what SS means TO THEM which is Scout Sniper.
This base what ever the name is will have black, white, hispanic, asians,
people of all colors serving on it. So it is incredible to see people
spin stories with America in it with there own history book they made up
themselves to how evil and wrong America is always..
Must take a *justifier to know one*.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
because according to this post Somalians are taking hostages because America is dumping toxic waste, stealing tuna, shrimp, lobsters and calling those Somalis that dare get in our way evil kidnapping pirates
and murdering them when we can spin it as self defense or saving innocents.

is your post some sort of freudian slip?

yes my post is correct and has links
you have chosen to deny it's reality
enjoy your bloody tunafish with your denial

if ss means scout sniper why use a double Sowelu? www.mystic-mouse.co.uk...
there not using runes here but a known nazi symbol, and intentionally
why not use two s-shaped snakes [would fit them to a T, snakes in the grass
]
or a double superman symbol?
they picked nazi cause that's what they are
simples

Monday, 24 October 2011
JOURNAL: US Military + Gangs

As of 2011, there were 1.4 m people in US gangs. That's 40% higher than 2009 (FBI: 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment www.fbi.gov...). Why the rapid growth? Lots of little factors, but the big driver: 17% unemployment (with treble that in areas where gangs are prevalent) and the decaying legitimacy of current power structures. With the ongoing deterioration of the US system, young people are going to increasingly opt to give their primary loyalty to any organization (i.e. gang) that will take care of them.

NOTE: a primary loyalty is any loyalty that takes precedence over patriotic loyalty. It can be family, church/religion, gang, tribe, money, etc.

Brianrodriguez_in_baghdad

Something more interesting than simple gang growth/spread, is the increasing presence of gang members in the military (primarily the Army) and the transfer of combat skills gained in Iraq/Afghanistan to the street. The FBI report states that 100 police jurisdictions have reported coming into contact with gang members with recent military experience. This training, gained on the battlegrounds of Iraq and Afghanistan, is extremely good (and for some people, extremely addicting). As we have seen in the recent past, even a single man with combat experience and some weaponry can be a HUGE problem for local police.

Here's a handy chart on gangs in each branch of service.
globalguerrillas.typepad.com...
globalguerrillas.typepad.com...
The US, currently running a $1.5 trillion a year deficit with the spectre of HUGE cuts in the military (reduction in force) as an absolute certainty, will dump hundreds of thousands of combat vets onto the street w/o an economy able to absorb them. This is particularly true with the US economy about to start its next contraction w/o even recovering from the last one. Guess what happens next...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

if ss means scout sniper why use a double Sowelu? www.mystic-mouse.co.uk...
there not using runes here but a known nazi symbol, and intentionally
why not use two s-shaped snakes [would fit them to a T, snakes in the grass
]
or a double superman symbol?
they picked nazi cause that's what they are
simples

what is simple is this pathetic "analysis" with it's utterly certain conclusion based in insufficient evidence.

did you actually interview any of the men involved in selecting this symbol back in the in order to establish that this was intentional copying of the SS?

How have you established their political leanings?

edit on 14-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I support many things that Nazis did.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join