It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive whirlpool in front of the coast of South Africa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
HOLY CRAPZOLA!

That was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

Very very strange.... a whirlpool the size of a city.....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I mean this news came from Australia in 2007:

A MASSIVE, mysterious whirlpool of cold water has developed off the coast of Sydney, forcing the sea surface to fall almost 1m and ocean currents to change course.
Dubbed a sea "monster" by CSIRO oceanographers, the huge body of water stretches almost 200km across and plunges 1000m towards the ocean floor.
Its centre sits just 100km off the coast of Sydney and could stay there for months. Scientists are baffled by the powerful cold-water eddy, which is invisible to the human eye but can be tracked through satellite images.

So presume they are real... but what I think is strange that some say the winds only can't create these whirlpools alone, so whats causing this?

The Telegraph
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
While this isn't what it seems it is interesting to note that the seas around these large capes are often precarious. The passage between Cape Hope and Antarctica is treacherous and the seas around the Cape of Good Hope is often very rough. These were the challenges of our ancestors when they were trying to find their way around this little blue planet. They are still challenges for mariners today.
Looking at the globe it would seem its all one big ocean but the currents at these points where they meet proves that they are not.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

It's nothing to do with wind.

It's ocean currents that cause it and in some cases where there is a high number of phytoplankton in the water, it makes them become luminescent.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the earth opened up to let in water to try to cool it down, since its been overheating latly, and will continue

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If you click on the NASA full pic that is where the real interest is for me. I felt the energy and look at the faces in the clouds some look very thoughtful humans, but that guy near the bottom, in the right, not far right, he has a skeleton shoulder and a snake for an arm, a snake head and the other arm is a normal man.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would crap my pants instantly upon seeing that in the freakin' ocean. Hell, it's scary in the picture itself. I couldn't fathom seeing it in real life.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Sorry I don't see it...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Its quite defined. The one that says Nasa full or something, the bottom one of the OP. to the right bottom, but in by a few inches and slightly up, there is something really weird there, almost demonic.

I notice clouds alot, 9/11 had wierd things in them. 3/11, well in April the clouds that rolled in had the same faces as 9/11, there are really interesting clouds at different times. During surgery in the hospital, I recovered really quickly, had alot of prayers, not all Christian, some metaphysics, but there were beautiful sculptures in the clouds, like artwork materpieces, so it couldn't be random over and over again. Some were adults, human looking, some childrn/babies, a few more fallen ones, mostly angelic, and it looked like some coming in, babes, and some leaving. It was constant changing cloud show. The doctor told my father he couldn't believe how quickly I'd healed up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join