It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine GOP Chairman: Any Caucus Votes After Tonight Won't Count Towards Total

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

If this is the case, why doesn't Paul just run as an independent?

Why continue to complain about a broken, rigged system?

It seems like Paul's army is just finding out how corrupt the GOP really is. The rest of us have known it practically forever. What do you expect?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This of course is fiction,
Submitted by doctor011 and RonPaulWins2012

This of course is fiction, any similarity to anyone or thing is purely coincidence.

The fraud was planed out better but because of a leak the original plan was scrapped. The plan was released on Friday but got discovered. It then made the rounds on the internet making it impossible to follow thru with [ www.facebook.com... ] So a plan B was put into play.On Friday, Maine GOP leader predicted the race would come down to 200 votes www.pressherald.com... It ended with a difference of 198 I think. Sloppy but if they wanted to stop Paul this would have to do.

Plan B to begin with Ron Paul strong hold of Washington county with it's college voters is postponed in lieu of a expected snow fall [ bangordailynews.com... ] (February in Maine REALLY?!) Then promises that the vote will be taken next Saturday 2-18-12 and all will be right with the world.

The vote on Saturday 2-11-12. Leading in counted votes by 9%, 3 counties all ready complete and he is the clear winner. Leading in 83% of the remaining counties in Maine. To prevent the world from seeing a Ron Paul blow out ,The GOP stops showing the vote and say's Mitt won docs.google.com... ] Then to increase the percentages but leave the vote alone: [ s1228.photobucket.com... ] [ s1228.photobucket.com... ]

With the WANTED RESULT In hand now to clean up the mess created by the caucuses that did not get to vote: www.huffingtonpost.com... ] GOP party Executive Director Michael Quatrano said county officials had been told the results of that caucus would not count toward the total. But Washington County GOP Chairman Chris Gardner objected, saying he had known his county's tally wouldn't be included in Saturday's announcement but didn't realize it wouldn't be counted at all. He said he had called state party leaders and "expressed my complete and utter dismay."Gardner claims a misunderstanding and acts as though he is disappointed.

*Webster and Gardner are both Romney supporters, so how convincing are the following claims?:

a) Gardner's real reason for postponing his county's Caucus, which would have gone strongly for Paul, was snow (keep in mind there wasn't much snow, and the Girl Scouts didn't even cancel their event in the same county).
b) Webster and Gardner weren't in clear communication regarding the fact that Washington County's votes, if postponed, wouldn't count.
c) Webster decided to disenfranchise Washington's County for any reason other than to harm Paul's candidacy.

One more thing: Webster's longstanding efforts to discourage the college vote:

[ thinkprogress.org... ] *Thanks to (Alliance With None)
One last link, How they got the total and how many they disfranchised to do it so 250 precincts zeroed or not counted!Only around 58% of the vote was counted! www.mainegop.com...
edit on 12-2-2012 by Doctor011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Every person that lives in the U.S. should be contacting their legislators and tell them how you feel about this scam. Starting with Rep. John Boenher, Speaker of the House: www.speaker.gov...

and
the State of Maine Attorney General: www.maine.gov...

please don't forget to share your thoughts with the ones who should take the heat for this decision: Maine Republican Chairman Charles M. Webster, Vice Chair Ruth Summers and Executive Director Michael Quatrano: www.mainegop.com...

take your beef to the head hot dogs at the RNC:
www.gop.com...

It's our right to have our votes count. Taking this away from a few is the first step to taking it away from all.

If you say why bother, it's useless, I ask you to think about your children and grandchildren.

This is criminal and if we just beaach about it on the net and do nothing more, we get what we deserve.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

It seems like Paul's army is just finding out how corrupt the GOP really is. The rest of us have known it practically forever. What do you expect?

I think his strategy might be to try and show the rest of (sleeping)America how blatant it really is.I've said it many time's, it's beyond laughable.I can't believe American's seem to be taking it lying down.By the time the rest of the country wake's up, it might be to late and by that time your going to find yourself in a Fema camp wondering why you didn't do anything sooner.Every four year's its the same dog and pony show from both sides.Watching Obama singing and listening to the women screaming made me blow coffee out my nose.Then the hibernating bear Michelle Obama come's out and does the Jimmy Fallon show and act's like she's just an ordinary person.What a joke.It's the biggest phy ops ever.Zombies are real folks and the majority of them live in America.
edit on 12-2-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"The totals reflected about 84 percent of the state's precincts. Webster insisted that any caucus results that come in after Saturday wouldn't be counted no matter how close the vote.

if that doesnt reek of fraud, i dont know what does. wake up america.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Paul himself said any of the GOP candidates running would be better than Obama. If he ran as an Independent he would be taking GOP votes, giving Obama a shot in the arm.

Why bother? It's now or never. Here we have them with their hand in the cookie jar and to not stand up for our rights is insane. They are acknowledging their conniving and it's time to hit them with our best shot.

Apathy is deadly, dear.
edit on 2/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I hope you realize this isn't exclusive to just the GOP only.

It's us vs. them not left vs. right.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor011

Damn good material doctor, I think you should make a thread on this if you haven't already.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

New to ATS, Can't start a post but feel free to start one with a copy and paste, it's the info I want out, not the notice. P.S. check out the Maine GOP Facebook page, Take into account the GOP is deleting almost as fast as people are posting www.facebook.com...
edit on 12-2-2012 by Doctor011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I understand the mentality & appreciate the response, but seriously it only takes 20 posts to be able to post. You should write an intro thread introducing yourself here at ATS, and then just respond to those that say hello. )Just don't "pad" your replies, ppl here tend to frown on that.

No way I'll take material away from talent, or those willing to do what you said, that's my mentality.

Here's the forum for the intro thread where you can start.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck & welcome!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yeah, no doubt this is the most traffic Maine GOP's FB page has ever got.

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Maine's GOP chairman says they won't count 'late' votes - then proceeds to delay certain precincts voting until next week (a week after the caucus) because of a threatened 3-4" of snow - all but assuring those precincts (which also happen to be strongly Ron Paul leaning) don't get counted at all.

In Washington County -- where Ron Paul was incredibly strong -- the caucus was delayed until next week just so the votes wouldn’t be reported by the national media today. Of course, their excuse for the delay was "snow." That’s right. A prediction of 3-4 inches -- that turned into nothing more than a dusting -- was enough for a local GOP official to postpone the caucuses just so the results wouldn’t be reported tonight. This is MAINE we’re talking about. The GIRL SCOUTS had an event today in Washington County that wasn’t cancelled! And just the votes of Washington County would have been enough to put us over the top.
(email from Paul's campaign)

Gawd can the GOP be any more despicable?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ron should just run as a libertarian anyway

that actually bugs me, that he pretends to be a republican

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Had to post this comment from Maine's GOP Facebook:

Pro Wrestling is more REAL !!!
Don King more HONEST !!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So the Girl Scouts are more resilient than GOP's Maine caucus?

That's fricking hilarious!

Someone should post an Onion type article where the Girl Scouts were training the Caucus on how to Man up. lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ron should just run as a libertarian anyway

that actually bugs me, that he pretends to be a republican

They know that, this is what they want. It'll split the voters.

I think it's time to admit the fact that the GOP doesn't want to defeat Obama, period.

RP could've tied into all the angst that the OWS crowds have been producing since last year easily.

And the right says that calling for fiscal responsibility is somehow a "leftist" issue?

How the hell do they figure that?

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I downloaded the pdf of the Maine caucus voting results and turned it into an Excel file for analysis.
There are mistakes in the tallying.

Here's some findings:

Municipalities with total votes equal to 0 = 245
Municipalities with total votes greater than 0 = 260

That's almost half the municipalities that won't be counted! (It's possible many municipalities simply didn't vote and was not the result of a postponement due to snow.)

County Penobscot, municipalities Alton and Bangor had votes but total votes column shows 0. (Alton 3 votes, Bangor 77 votes.) There were 12 municipalities with voting total errors.

Total votes column = 5493, not 5585 as shown on the Maine pdf.

Actual number of votes = 5585

What I'd like to know is why are there mistakes if these results are the exported results of computers? And as a spreadsheet why didn't the final auditor/checker compare the horizontal totals and the vertical totals to crosscheck the results? Is it common in elections to have simple spreadsheet errors that are left as errors and not investigated and corrected before publishing?

I would love to upload the excel file but I don't see a way how.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Le93baron

Really? Laughable ! Check uploading.com... or www.sendspace.com/ too many to choose from. Or give us the url u got it from

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ok, thanks for the suggestion. Here is the link.
Maine primary results.xls - 389.5 KB

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by piett

I believe this is what he is referring to-

www.mainegop.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join