It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why conservatives . . . . . suck!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Word! Couldn't have said it any better. Party politics are killing this country. Politicians need to start doing what's right for the country and the people.

You said it before I did.
I just posted without reading the replies first.

I agree bipartisan bickering is splitting this nation apart.
The shame of it is how Congress is lining their pockets while the rest of argue and gain nothing.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Good for you man! Nothing wrong with taking pride in what you have.

But why do you feel you have to let EVERYONE know how conservative you are? Does it give you a feeling of superiority?

Not everyone has the physical ability to work a full time job and they have to rely on government assistance to provide food for their family, there's also nothing wrong with that imo.

Becuse people don't take pride in what they have.

They expect more/anything given to them.

Sure, not everyone can work, but why deny the oppourtunity for those that want to? Wy prvidean "out"?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Already do embrace it, every day.

Man, Plato wasn't kidding when he talking about the people in the cave.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by beezzer

Already do embrace it, every day.

Man, Plato wasn't kidding when he talking about the people in the cave.

Then that's the first step.

You'll get there!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll never subscribe to your crackpot ideology.

They say that some get conservative with age. In my family, it's the opposite and they do it sensibly.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'll tell you what sucks; It's the fact that our educational system has failed us to the point where an entire political party actually embraces ignorance and eats up garbage, (like that presented in the OP's video) as if it were brain candy. Yup, I'm talking about the modern day neo-con fortress called the Republican Party.

It became instantly apparent to me that the "theme" of the video was "Nothing is Free" but the narrator somehow failed to mention the "Free Ride" that the wealthy elite have been enjoying for quite some time. You don't think that our little debt problem could have anything to do with the "revenue" side of the picture, do you? Like the fact that the rich are currently paying the lowest marginal tax rate since the 1930's.

en.wikipedia.org...:MarginalIncomeTax.svg

Or how about the fact that they are allowed to pay even less in taxes if they disguise their income as "capitol gains." You know, the "Warren Buffett" syndrome. Or better yet, just tuck it away in some off shore tax shelter. The hypocritical part of this story is that the whole time they're doing this, they're continually preaching the values of hard work and job creation while their actions reflect just the opposite.

I've never in my life of 55 yrs., seen such a large group of people who are willing to accept the opposite of truth as reality. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems like nowadays when I hear a Republican present their side of an issue, the exact opposite of what he/she said ends up being closer to the truth. Sometimes, I almost think they're being satirical, but then I'm reminded that they don't even understand satire. As Jeff Dunham's Peanut would say; When Republicans listen to Stephen Colbert, it goes "Swoosh," right over their heads.

Anyway, the whole reason I even checked out this thread to begin with was because I liked the title so much.
Then, when I noticed it was authored by my good friend Beezer, well there was no turning back.

Thanks Beezer, as usual I couldn't disagree more.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by beezzer

lol beez

conservatives are usually the 1st to take money from lobbyists.

it's called "business as usual"

now that,

Really Sucks.

you're shining your lamp in the wrooooong place, me thinks

Ar you stating that liberals don't benefit from lobbyists?

Please tell me different.

lol beez i said 1st,
you should know my opinion of all that trash by now
especially those liberals
why settle for peanuts from the unions and the little folk?
when the lobbyists are only to happy to provide
so they sold out
but as i pointed out
conservatives were at it 1st

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

HAHA business as usual??? Hmm looking at whom the libs have in placed in the various czar positions makes that kinda funny
Not like there is any honesty about it from that side. The very people who "caused" the finacial crisis are sitting in gov't jobs now. Except Corzine, he is, yea what are they doing with him now?

i know
like i always say
trash is trash

see my reply to beezer btw

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

L
L

crackpot indeed

i mean beez is independent and self reliant and everything

so why if he's got everything he wants

does he want to take stuff away from other people?
:shk:

oh wait, beez pays taxes...

beezers bunny is crying

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I live as independently as possible, however.

I don't rely on government to provide food, clothing or shelter.

I work for what I have, why not take pride in that?

Aren't you in the military, stationed in Europe?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Fan-freaking-tastic!

Loved it. These points should be taught in school. Drilled into young, pliable minds. Hopefully a few idealistic liberals will learn a thing or two from this. Probably not though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by beezzer

Very well put and spoken. I can't complain too much either. Life is good. It would just be nice to know that someone was looking out for us too.

The problem is that people expect others to look out for them. Being independent, really free means not having to rely on anyone.

My guess is..that you are one accident away from the poor house. One debilitating illness in the family away from being homeless. I am happy that you are doing so great. But step down from the high horse once in awhile and take a look around at your fellow Earthlings.

I hope that circumstances don't change your life for the worse..but it happens everyday to people everywhere. Has nothing to do with how hard they work either.

You will discover how independent you are if you ever have a debilitating disease or illness strike you or a member of your family...when the insurance companies decide that they no longer want to pay (I'll assume that you have insurance..not an assumption I readily make). When you have drained you savings(I'll assume that you have this too) and sold your stocks and anything else of value that you may own. And finally when you have to sell to your house to pay the medical bills. When you have nothing left ...and still need medical care..then maybe these "entitlement" programs will help pay so that you or a member of your family might still receive treatment. Unless of course you wait too long ...as those programs will soon be gone.

Peace

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Did anyone take the time to actual watch this? He said the government cant just go on printing money!! And thats exactly what they are doing and have been doing for god knows how long!... and the whole 15 trillion is due to entitlements? gimme a break.. surely these endless wars are bleeding the country dry..

And I disagree.. healthcare should be a right. If nothing else, the health of the nation is THE most important factor.. Even our conservatives in Aus realise this.. our health system is incredible and free, but if you want a room to yourself when your sick or have elective surgery, join a private health fund, simple... Every nation should have the same standard as ours.. and we are not dead broke to our eyeballs because of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

until the parents die and then they are not so great anymore

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This sounds like Klaven on Culture wrote this.

But still Oh. So. True.

Well...I now know why my life ...sucks.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Conservatives and liberals both suck and I'll tell you why
They only vote according to what is expected of either group instead of what's best for the country.
I think labels suck because they destroy individual thinking or action.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

Once on another message board, I remember someone asking the question if it was possible to get rid of political parties all together. There were mixed results of people for or against getting rid of them but the general consensuses was that we couldn't, because they would just end up forming again. You're post just reminded me of that and I pretty much agree with you. When I think about even the Libertarian party, one that boast individuality is still a collective group. Someone should make a thread about that. I can't because they either die or people miss the point entirely.

OT: Thought the Video was humorous
Though I wouldn't call myself a conservative or maybe I would. I don't really stand with them on the social issues though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Serious question:

Where does this leave "center-right-fiscal-conservative" Germans? (for most US Americans also known as "Communists")

You know... those grown-up, financially sound, responsible guys who have universal health care, universal education and strong unions but still somehow make their budget work?

I'm not siding with either your left or your right side over there... I'm just curious what this labeling makes of us.

ETA: or is this exclusively about US conservatives / liberals?
edit on 12-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

I knew that'd bite me

For less than a year I will still be here, earning a paycheck. Then I'll be in the civilian world. Bottom line, I don't take anything I didn't earn.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Germans for the most part are quite happy with their government. Plenty have issues with Merkel, but it's a different approach over here. I wouldn't dare to presume that they change their government just to suit a lowly American.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by NoArmsJames

I knew that'd bite me

For less than a year I will still be here, earning a paycheck. Then I'll be in the civilian world. Bottom line, I don't take anything I didn't earn.

What a bunch of hypocritical crap!!!!!

My tax dollars put food in your mouth, clothes on your back, and a roof over your head.

And you write all the crap you write here?
How the hell do you even begin to justify any of that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join