It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey alll!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
hello everyone! This is my first thread here on ats, Despite being here a while. i've sat back and surveyed a lot though. Getting straight into my introduction, my names alex, i'm 17, i live in sheffield, south yorkshire. i'm currently in part time employment after i dropped out of my second year of college(despite only having 6 months left). due to some random impulse, i was studying biology, geography and sport. This is a small conpiracy of my own as i was on track for A's and the reason for dropping out is still unclear to me. Anyhow, my biggest interests on the site are the paranormal, aliens + UFO's, 2012, the sky noises, natural disasters, the climate and just about everything else. my activity has been very minimal on the site as i find my self too argumentative so hold back with comments, usually because my initial reply would break all the sites rules, so i think about my answer, then decide not to post at all. strange right!?

Back to myself i have an obsession with attending the gym, i'm 6ft 4 and played basketball for numerous teams in national leagues. i'm also a keen rc flyer, having been part of the british model flying association for around 4years, i've progressed onto some very advanced models, which i am starting to collect together on my youtube account, i'll release my channel to you all once its a little more impressive, with my range of jets, aerobatic planes and scale models, including a 6ft mosquito, 8ft p51-d mustang, sopwith camel, spitfires, seafury's and more.

finally id have to mention im very scientific minded, having a fact based memory. i have an amazing 'ability' to remember anything geographical, which is basically because it interests me, here i wish maths and music were ares where i found interest as maybe id be much better. As i truly envy all musicians and mathmaticians. also artisits, as i love art and can watch people draw all day. i have a low attention span, this is my weakness but is proberly due to the age i was born.
so i'm ending this here as i feel i've typed alot! but i haven't written so much since college and i actually miss the reams of writing. AND the homework unbelievabley! thanks for reading sorry if its not interesting
sorry also for bad grammer and spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UKmonster

Welcome to ATS. You live where I was born.
As for dropping out, I did the same thing too although my reasons were clear to me. Oh well, there's sometimes more to life and it's just a different turn in the road of choices.

6 foot 4?
Sounds like a healthy diet but I'm sure the exercise helps. At least you are healthy. I hope you find much of interest here and enjoy your time on the boards. See you around.

edit on 11/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Welcome UKmonster...

i dropped out of my second year of college(despite only having 6 months left). due to some random impulse, i was studying biology, geography and sport. This is a small conpiracy of my own as i was on track for A's and the reason for dropping out is still unclear to me.

Get back in there and finish it up...even if to label it as just a personal 'milestone', rather than a means to an end.

Enjoy your time here mate/dude...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
cheers man! yeh its alright can't wait to move away though. how come you dropped out? if you don't mind me asking. Its an expensive food bill! haha
And i can't :') missed 2 months of work and a few crucial exams. i felt i was a sheep going with the herd a little when i was there though. i've been looking at joining the military, don''t know which one but think i'd like it

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hi UKmonster, welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
welcome to ats..hope you like it here

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I dropped out because I became disillusioned with it all. The prospect of spending 4 years far away from home in who knows what kind of accommodation and economic situation, the start of Uni fees and all that. I haven't regretted the decision since, hand on heart. It will limit your employment possibilities until you teach yourself a profession (I taught myself system administration and did it for 10+ years), but we shouldn't live to work, we should work to live. Now the only jobs available in my sector are for the high flyers or the young who can afford to work for a salary I can't. It all changes and often not for the better.

PS Helpful tip. Hit the "reply to" button when you direct a post at someone instead of "post reply". It notifies them of your post via the inbox instead of people having to re-read the thread for additions.

edit on 11/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 11/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Ahh sounds similar to how felt I think. Im feeling limted In my options right now. But im planning a trip to australia. I also totally agree we should work to live which is what im doing, as oppose to going through university to try to get a high paying job which isn't a guarantee and would be a lot of work and little living. Thats also why I was thinking of joining the navy or RAF, id be able to travel, earn money, learn, and have some awesome experiences? Thanks for the tip

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Your answer frightens me although I can totally understand the attraction of joining the armed forces in today's economic climate. I would beg, beseech and implore you to consider that decision very, very carefully. The saber rattling occurring lately seems to indicate another conflict is not to far from our horizon and when that happens, people on all sides will die horribly.

A friend of mine has a daughter, 21 or so and finding it hard to find a decent job too. She, like you has also thought about and is seriously considering "joining up" for financial and other reasons such as being able to get a driving license and other things expensive. If I had money, I would pay her monthly not to join but I am not in that position.

My Dad joined up for the same reasons back in the 60's. He never thankfully saw a war but if push came to shove he would have been deployed. He joined the Medical Corps and had much experience but when he left 20 years later, that experience wasn't much help back on civvy street.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Welcome UKmonster to a Disney-like Park for Conspiracy Theorist...!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with a bunch of rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

top topics

join