It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity: What's the 'catch'?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Lazarus Short

please edit your post to get rid of your underlining
it is ruining the whole thread
you need to put in the code to make it end, instead of going into all the other posts

I don't even know how I did that, but if you have a suggestion, I'll try it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

It seems to have effected the entire page from your post, down.
If you can still edit that post, put a [ / u ] (but without the spaces I had to put in to be seen in this post) at the end of your main post, before the (edit by) message at the bottom.
Oops, I think it is too late to edit now.
I am using Google Chrome as my browser and every single line below your post is underlined (including the mini-profiles).
Just as a note, always check to see if your underlining actually stops at some point in your post, after posting.
edit on 18-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Oops, I think it is too late to edit now.

Yup.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well your wrong, the English letter 'J' NEVER existed before the 1600's. So if you did some research smart guy, you would understand NOBODY ON PLANET EARTH SPOKE THE NAME JESUS AT THE TIME OF THE MESSIAH! And for one, Jesus is Latin. Get it straight. Joshua is English, Jehoshua is the Name that would be the translation from the Hebrew to English. Its original is Yahuwshuwah go look it up in the Strong's.

You ignorance angers me, its people like yourself that think they know everything who wont change when they are proven wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

. . . wont change when they are proven wrong.

I have yet to see any actual evidence to support your position and you ignore mine which is real evidence from experts in the field of linguistics.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You ignorance angers me, its people like yourself that think they know everything who wont change when they are proven wrong.

Can you please prove that you are right and how you know everything?
Links? Sources?
And turn down the thermostat, also, btw.

Where is your 'anger' coming from? What makes you an expert? (Please...being angry doesn't prove anything)
edit on 24-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Whatever, Im not gonna argue. Its pointless it seems, people make their decision, and find sources to back up their decision. You made yours, I made mine, its over. The end will tell.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Here, look at all these videos by minister bennett. He has over 100 videos of plain proof of scripture tampering and lying pastors, and world under total confusion and lies. This is only a part of what I know. Rest you research on your own.

If you get through those, then read these websites and articles.

www.youtube.com...

rbedrosian.com...

Baal = Lord www.blueletterbible.org...

www.bibleanswerstand.org...

www.thelostbooks.com...

freetruth.50webs.org...

www.yahuwah-is.net...

Christianity part in a video my brother and I made, Great Deceiver's Deception

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I know you like what this man says, but I give you a challenge. Watch his video on the false doctrine of tithing and freely recieve, freely give. He explains the truth but he has not lived by the truth.

The Apostles were the teachers that were sent to spread the word. They were instructed freely to give the message. This truly ment that they were to spread the word of God without receiving anything in return. Although he is correct that tithing is false doctrine so is receiving an income for teaching. Paul instructs everyone in the church to work with their hands just like the apostles.

Anyone who believes they have been called to be like the apostles should work just as the apostles did. The apostles were at most allowed to be given a bed, they worked for their food and clothes. Paul considered taking money from the church to help him on a long journey stealing.

Anyone who receives their income from teaching the gospel has not done as Christ commanded. Anyone who is truly called to teach by the Christ will follow his teaching. Freely you receive, freely you are to give. We are called to be examples to the ones we teach. If you pay my way I am not an example to you. If I work with my hands and give to those in need, than by my actions I am teaching you.

A leader cannot lead only by words. A truly leader fights the war on the frontline with the troops. Jesus fought on the front line, teaching his disciples to do likewise. Someone who receives pay for the word is only a benefactor of the war being fought by those of us who work and give.

My friend he is a false teacher, because he does not follow the commands of Christ. He is teaching his disciples that they have been given knowledge from him so they should give money back to him. He is not giving freely if he expects anything in return. The teacher is the Holy Spirit and the Spirit is given freely. If one teaches by the Holy Spirit they will indeed expect nothing in return because they have already been given the one and only gift which is life.

Teaching someone to pay the wages for teaching the word of God is the single largest stumbling block to Christ. This method ensures that those that teach the message will always seem holier than the listener. This is why Christ said that we are all brothers and that none of us should be called teacher. We are all equal parts of the body of Christ.

Not one of us is wiser than another, for it is the Holy Spirit that gives wisdom freely to all who ask. It is the one who thinks himself wise that is a fool, and the one who is foolish who is truly wise. I do not consider myself wise but rather a fool, because the Holy Spirit teaches me how foolish my ways truly are. If I say anything that is wise it is definitely not me who is speaking but it is the Holy Spirit speaking through me. Since my wisdom and my words are not mine what right do I have to profit off them?

I can only sell something that is mine. Since wisdom belongs only to God and it was given freely to me, I must give the gift freely to you. Anyone who expects to receive an income from what he is teaching is teaching what he knows. For anyone who teaches and expects nothing is teaching what the Sprit knows.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Rest you research on your own.

Gee, thanks. I'll continue to do just that, as I have been for 30 years and counting.

I appreciate your links, and look forward to viewing them eventually.
Right now I am going to read The Fifth Gospel: New evidence from the Tibetan, Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian and Urdu sources about the historical life of Jesus Christ after the Crucifixion. by Hassnain and Levi. Published by Blue Dolphin Publishing. Orig copyright 1998, 2006, 2008.

Depending on what it says I may then go to the resources and bibliographical items for further information.

I'm not sure why your tone is so hostile. Other people 'know a lot of stuff,' too; I have found it's more productive to share what we know and receive what is offered here, freely, without attitude.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I don't know who you are talking about, but Min. B does not ever demand money for his teachings. If you would watch all his videos on giving you would understand what he really does. You try to blackmail him because he teaches sound doctrine, and that Sha'ul apostle Paul is someone who backs this up.

What Scripture do you back up your claims?
What proof do you have that Min B. demands money for his ministry?

How can you say anything about him, if you have never met him, talked to him, or even emailed and conversed with him.

You should watch all his videos on giving and get a true perspective of what he is teaching, not just Big Pimpin.

I shall not want
Freely give freely receieve
Love in deed
What I lack yet
The Cure
An Abel heart
Shaul Hebrew of Hebrews

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Thought I came across something awhile ago regarding Hebrew linguistics that claimed that the long oo vowel sound was not adopted into Hebrew until 16th century? Can anyone corroborate this?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

If you check the curren modern Hebrew wording, they have changed the "Yahu (Ya-) sound to "Yeho (Yay-ho)". That was done by the Massorites from 500 to 1000 CE, or AD. The Yahu sound is from the original Paleo Hebrew sound before the vowel pointing was invented. That would mean the Messiah was Yahuwshuwah, not Yehoshuwah.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I agree that salvation is free.
As for the church, I disagree. It is mentioned 76 times in the NT It is God's plan for the believer.
Ephesians 5:29
For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
It you hate the church or think negatively of it, Christ takes it personally.
Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Christ loves the church and died for it.
Christ has a goal for His church: Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The church is the people, not the building, and it is imperfect, but so are you. Christ loves the church and is patient with it's imperfections. He works through it and in it. Perhaps you have not encountered a true church. There are many that teach works. Are there bad chruches? Yes, I have been in a few. I didn't let their imprefections interfer with my relationship or responsibilites with God. I found another church to work in and watched. Those pastors who abuse the calling all met ignominious ends. I don't even worry, it's not my place.

I could be a fireman and try to put out fires, but I would do better with a group. I could be a policeman, but I would have little authority without the backing of a department. What you can do as an individual is much less than what you can do as a member of a group. For example, have you brought anyone to a saving knowledge of Christ? I do this almost every week. I bring them to my church where they meet others to help them and learn more from the sermons. I also teach others. I suppose I could invite them over, but my church brings several hundred w/o cars each week. I would not be able to reach them as an individual.
Christ loved the church and died for it, you should not be indifferent or even hostile towards it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

"Yahu" is actually Aramaic, not Paleo-Hebrew. As in "Eliyahu" (My God is YHVH)

The Hebrew would be "Yeshua". (Joshua in English)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by ezekielken

If you check the curren modern Hebrew wording, they have changed the "Yahu (Ya-) sound to "Yeho (Yay-ho)". That was done by the Massorites from 500 to 1000 CE, or AD. The Yahu sound is from the original Paleo Hebrew sound before the vowel pointing was invented. That would mean the Messiah was Yahuwshuwah, not Yehoshuwah.

I always favored Yeshua. Rabbi Kaduri said his name was Yeshua, good enough for me and in the bible codes hidden in the jewish Torah is the phrase "Yeshua is my name" and "Yeshua is able".

I'm not going to argue semantics like potatoe and potato or tomatoe or tomato. If he can read your heart and your thoughts and tell a samaritan woman all she ever did meeting her on first sight then i think it's fair to say he is not a moron.

Legalism is all fine and well but it must be tempered with mercy and forgiveness or our righteousness would be the equivalent of the pharisees who condemned Yeshua and he would find us lacking.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

The Church is a spiritual brotherhood not made by the hands of men, it is not a physical location nor is it a structure sitting nestled between 7 hills with tall spires and 1000 members. What we do is a collective effort, wether just an individual or a group makes no difference, it's the effort you extend in your desire to serve the King of Kings. He gave us all the tools we would ever need, all we have to do is apply them and our gifts are like muscles, the more you use your gifts the stronger they become in him. Yes we can strengthen eachother in the presence of other brothers and sisters but there were many a day when there were only 2 apostles together on a journey with no one but Yeshua to walk with them and keep them going.

What i have a problem with is people who will not leave their comfort zones to extend a hand to a person in need, where serving themselves is greater than serving the Master, or they sneer at someone who comes in wearing poorer clothes and not dressed to go to a funeral. The first church jewish christians were humble, hiding in tombs and running for their lives while trying to spread Christ's message. I say to you, unless we return to those earlier times not a one of us will be found worthy to be with him. Lately all i hear of some "believers" is "i do this and i do that" and they take the credit and the glory from our King.
edit on 4-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Bible is clear about attitudes toward others. Proverbs 28:21
To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress.
He mentions it 11 times and always decries it.
At my church, everyone is welcome. We go out and talk to people about salvation and growing in the Lord. Most of what you say about organized religion is also the way I feel. My church is autonomous. We take care of our preacher and the other ministiries of the chruch ourselves. We support missionaries to reach those we cannot. That is another task the church has, not only for those in the area, but those across the world also. I wouldn't send my money to support a convention or an organization that didn't believe and preach the Book, nor would I belong to a chruch that didn't reach out to the poor. We have a man in the church that has opened 13 orphanages. That last 2 were for mothers with HIV and thier children that may or may not also have HIV. I love my chruch. It allows me to do things I couldn't do alone.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by KJV1611

If you follow your mythical "golden rule", you will simply enter into Hell as a good person.

!!!
What?!!
MYTHICAL?!!
It's the one ethic that every major religion agrees upon....it is universal in history, and in scope.
Love is the only way. LOVE of other human beings.
That is what Christ taught. "Treat others the way you would be treated."

If you don't get that, you, sir, are certainly wearing the wrong 'hat' there in your avatar.

This is awesome.

Two Christians arguing over how good people go into hell (and whether following Jesus Christs teachings only will land one in hell)

Even a Christian gasping over "mythical gold rule" lol

Ok, I don't want to be mean. I've been reading you guys, so I have a question.

If "love thy neighbor as thyself" is enough to get into heaven, does one have to be a beliefer (according to Christians / you guys) ... to even get into heaven?

So as long as I love my fellow man as myself ; (or more), your believe says I go to heaven, even if I think the Bible is nothing but a good story book?

So does someone like me, "Agnostic" so to say, who has committed no major sins, and loves thy neighbor... does someone like me get to heaven?

Or am I just guaranteed entrance cause I'm a Jew?

edit on 10-7-2012 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

One of those above is certainly not a Christian.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join