Google accidentally released Maine election results early!

page: 11
141
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Why would any leg of the MSM give a squat what the masses think?

Seriously!




Because the masses can make a really big mess on the stove top if they boil over. Therefore, the heat under them must be tightly regulated so that the boil is controlled.




posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by drblair

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
GET TO DA CHOPPER


Stick around


If it bleeds, we can kill it.

(Which, oddly enough, came after Blaine's line "I ain't got time to bleed", and yet he still died.
)



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst
 


All of that is so, but Google is one of the interfaces between the policy makers and the policy followers, and as such has a role to play in the formation and especially the dissemination of public opinion. I wouldn't imagine that they are actively hacking results, but rather are reporting hacked results as fact.

The fact that the results were released that early does lead me to wonder as to the degree of collusion, however. It does seem that someone at Google should be able to count to 12, such that they would understand that 10 comes before 11, and results from the 11th could in no logical way be released on the 10th.

Compounding the suspicion based on the premature release is the subsequent pulling of those results, indicating that it had to be a mistake of some sort, whether intentional fraud or accidentally released test, and that by itself tends to weed out the "it's just a running report of an ongoing poll" excuse.



>> Just because it says "google" on it doesn't mean there was any high level decisions in the process. Google "NEWS" is just a pet project and for the most part, just aggregating other existing news sources. Election coverage might be one or two low-level employees, who build scripts for the feeds, and if they BOTHER with them, it's with layout and bug checking. That means ALL the elections and county votes are managed by one over-worked employee.

Google is merely a source for searching -- it is nowhere near a media company.

>> Likely there is NO connection to any rigged data source other than the normal election results listed by the county or state. The task of the web developer is most likely in connecting to these sources and to tweak things because every State or County with it's own elections website is probably doing things slightly differently. So if they got this wrong, or someone on the County's website changed things -- or the server just crashed -- you could see FUBAR results like the ones we are discussing.

>> However, if the data is coming from a private company running electronic voting machines -- that might raise more questions, because they have staff dedicated to this and run the same applications (for millions of dollars) in hundreds of locations. There RSS feed would be consistent and likely accurate -- at least to what THEIR databases are saying. These private voting companies wouldn't have any purpose if they DIDN"T Rig elections, since some University could have been tasked to create a public domain touch-screen voting app for peanuts.

Heck, I could program a touch-screen app that you just put your custom fields and database link to -- as could a million other multimedia and other developers for a thousandth of what Diebold and the rest got these contracts for -- however, we aren't multi-millionaires who can be counted on to keep our mouths shut.


>> I'll be the first one to cry foul on rigged elections -- and I have. But in this case, it just looks like a small bug in an RSS feed scraper for an overworked web developer. I cannot see any diabolical power involved nor opportunity for real propaganda since this is web-based, and anyone looking at these results would see the CORRECT ones in an hour or two or from another source.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is a test of their real time counter, they run this test on Google every day before the primaries or Caucuses. 100% reporting. The #'s are not the same as the actual election so they did not report on the Election beofre it happened because that is not how that election happened, at least so far. But Google has done this every time and it has been caught every time, but it has not been accurate yet and it is a test. If it was the Election results early then we would have a problem.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

>> Just because it says "google" on it doesn't mean there was any high level decisions in the process. Google "NEWS" is just a pet project and for the most part, just aggregating other existing news sources. Election coverage might be one or two low-level employees, who build scripts for the feeds, and if they BOTHER with them, it's with layout and bug checking. That means ALL the elections and county votes are managed by one over-worked employee.

Google is merely a source for searching -- it is nowhere near a media company.


Google disperses data, It is an ideal vehicle, considering the numbers of people using it.



>> Likely there is NO connection to any rigged data source other than the normal election results listed by the county or state. The task of the web developer is most likely in connecting to these sources and to tweak things because every State or County with it's own elections website is probably doing things slightly differently. So if they got this wrong, or someone on the County's website changed things -- or the server just crashed -- you could see FUBAR results like the ones we are discussing.


When my server crashes, I don't see goofy results - I see NO results. Those numbers, and their post-dating, came from somewhere,



>> However, if the data is coming from a private company running electronic voting machines -- that might raise more questions, because they have staff dedicated to this and run the same applications (for millions of dollars) in hundreds of locations. There RSS feed would be consistent and likely accurate -- at least to what THEIR databases are saying. These private voting companies wouldn't have any purpose if they DIDN"T Rig elections, since some University could have been tasked to create a public domain touch-screen voting app for peanuts.


Exactly. As I said above, the data came from somewhere. Google was just the dispersal agent. Without crop dusters, crops don't get dusted.



>> I'll be the first one to cry foul on rigged elections -- and I have. But in this case, it just looks like a small bug in an RSS feed scraper for an overworked web developer. I cannot see any diabolical power involved nor opportunity for real propaganda since this is web-based, and anyone looking at these results would see the CORRECT ones in an hour or two or from another source.


Yes, a "small bug" that gave specific numbers with the same results as the "real" numbers (a Romney win) and accidentally post-dated them for the proper release date. Quite an accident, that.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar
 


It seems to me that someone finally stepped forward instead of hiding in the back grounds. Also, where they are it may have been already the 11th.
I just wish that more and more media companies would post the accurate rating on the election as well as the truth in many circumstances for all people.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 

My sentiments exactly.


reply to post by TheLightKeeper
 

Someone in this thread, (I believe on the 1st or second page) has checked that possibility and no, it was not the 11th anywhere in the US. Besides, when it was reported the voting booths were still opened and the results were saying 100% were reporting.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Why did you even bother to reply?

You just restated everything you already said with NO change based on my points.

If the Server crashes -- you get NOTHING. Sure. But if you had Goofy results because you configured a web-crawler to grab data and assume candidate 1 was Mitt Romney, and then on another website that was Santorum -- you get GOOFY results. If the Server says "end of feed" or some value is NOT FALSE -- you might get 100% on the field for precincts reporting.

There are a million ways that these things can mess up, if there are a lot of scripts to tweak for different databases and not enough geeks to get it done.

>> We have an entire blog devoted to "the screwy results" and everybody already has access to the correct results -- or at least what the possibly corrupt election officials are telling us. I don't really think it's likely that Google has uncovered some plot -- it's MOST likely just an error in automation.



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
GET TO DA CHOPPER


sigged



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
edit on 13-2-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All arguments stating that this leak is a "test run" are void.

Elections are rigged, and someone jumped the gun in Maine.

AboveTopSecret


edit on 13-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Why did you even bother to reply?

You just restated everything you already said with NO change based on my points.


Because your points required no change. They called for instead a restatement, demonstrating that they required no change.

You speak as if this is the first primary of the season, and they need to thrash "bugs" out of the scripts to get it right for the next umpty zillion primaries.



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by The_Zomar
 

So now google works for the GOP? I dont get what you are trying to imply here.

Guess ill wait for someone who knows whats going on to show up.



Refer to Outkast Searchers's post on the second page. It presents a much better explanation then "Google is in cahoots with the GOP".
edit on 10-2-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)


Ah, still wallowing in the left/right paradigm illusion. Divide and conquer, eh?



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What's all the hoopla about...
News posts often call it 100% reporting when they go on exit polling or projections.
They wanna be the first to break the news so they announce first even when it's not final happens all the time.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yeah its a google everybody



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar
 


did you all see the you tube/vatican report on this?



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I just checked and it showed Ron Paul less than 200 votes behind Romney. That is a VERY close 2nd.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Google posting results at 600/600 then quickly going back to 0/600 is kinda proof that they're just throwing out stats for the masses to gobble up. Like another poster said, we'll see tomorrow how close the two results are.


The results will report back differently, but probably with the same net result. The reason for that is that Google - or whomever - has been alerted to this leak, has been alerted to this thread (it says so, right within a post in the thread) and so will be monitoring and adjusting accordingly in order to support whichever solution story they decide to run with. They know, in other words, what people will be looking for as confirmation of fraud, and will deliver something different, but with the same net result.

I've been saying it for months now, without any apparent notice, that Romney will be the GOP candidate. It was decided some time ago, because he presents no credible threat to Obama, nor any appreciable difference. Which ever "wins", America will get more of the same.

The deck is stacked, bets are hedged, and the agenda rolls onward.



edit on 2012/2/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)


spot on here dude. good words



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by Furbs
 


If the results were real time and being updated constantly then I'd say that a glitch was likely, but since results were posted and date stamped for today (02/11/12) when they were actually posted yesterday, I'm calling bs on the glitch theory. Someone fumbled the ball here. We all know voter fraud happens all the time in every election, we all know mega corps keep politicians in their pockets to push legislation through; why is it so hard to believe that some underhanded tactics were uncovered here?

edit on 11-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)



Right. I'm at a loss how this could be a script error. It places each candidate firmly in a position with an independent percentage totaling 99.4 rounded up. Each candidate has a specific number of votes positioned next to the percentage.


So if this was a script error it would have to be 4 errors at minimum. But when you total the votes they equate to the appropriate percentage, proving it cannot be an error.

The only way this could be a legit error is if the data entry was done by somebody who confused the results. Being as there was no active results available when it was originally posted, it rules out error.


This was deliberately done on purpose. For those hypothesizing it to be some sort of script error, explain how an error like this could happen, or stop making excuses.



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired
 

I saw footage of a computer programmer in Florida in 2004 who had been asked by his employers ( who were actually Chinese) to create a program to throw the vote in a certain direction. He testified this in Supreme Court with members of Florida Parliament right there that he created the program to be undetectable. So much for democracy...





top topics
 
141
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join