It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Angry Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop [Posts on Facebook]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

I knew a famiily just like that. Books a couple feet deep on the floor in the whole house and no computer and one old broken TV. The only channels they had were from an antenna. They watched OPB and the news 95% of the time. But most of the time they didn't use it. That was why there were books covering the floor in the whole house. They had chickens and goats too to keep em busy and aware of where our food comes from. You would think that without an expensive TV and without an Xbox and without ipods and tablets and ereaders that they would have all ended up on the street out of HS. But no. They all were extremely bright and did exceptionally well in school and graduated and became professionals.

Keep in mind that this family grew up in the 1980's and 90's. They easily could have indulged.

The boys were in boy scouts too and got their eagles.

They weren't particularly religious. I don't recall any crosses or church services or anything.

100% truth. I'm not pulling any fast ones. I knew them.

Something about books and the boy scouts and goats and chickens... Something... It's not about the outright rejection of technology. The boys went into technology fields, in fact. It's something else.

This guy bought the laptop and did all the work and has the right to shoot it if he wants. End of story.
edit on 10-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No, the whole point is why he is mad is what makes it creepy. Has nothing to do with the laptop. Even though getting mad enough to shoot your own property is weird in itself.

But you're probably all 45 year old "Appalachian peoples" and probably think hes cool. Two can play the age game

edit on 10-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

No, the whole point is why he is mad is what makes it creepy. Has nothing to do with the laptop. Even though getting mad enough to shoot your own property is weird in itself.

But you're probably all 45 year old "Appalachian peoples" and probably think hes cool. Two can play the age game

His daughter totally disrepspected him in front of practically the entire world, on a computer that HE paid for, HE fixed, HE did all the upkeep on it. And she whines and says all this pathetic # because she has to do some household chores!? The AUDACITY of her!

And HE'S the creeper?

Grow up man. Gain some life experience.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

what a waste of money and absolutly sociopathic - using violence to get rid of problems...hext time his wife isnt cooking his favour meal hes shooting her....
edit on 10-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Two can't really play the age game when one doesn't realize that everything he says shows just how mature/wise/experienced he really is.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If I wanted people to validate my opinion I wouldn't be 20 years old on a conspiracy site. Politics isn't exactly cool right now

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well, I am close to that age. Guess what? If I would have written or spoken to my parents the way that girl posted, I got soap in my mouth. Surprise, Surprise. It didn't kill me! And, I didn't do it again.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

it has everything to do with the laptop.

if he had never given her a laptop, she would never have had a chance to blurt out her feelings before she had a chance to cool down from them. she would have learned to reflect on her own feelings by keeping them inside for a little while.

i know this because i remember when i first got a computer and how it changed everything in my life.
no doubt you had one as far back as you can remember?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Uhhhh, bitching about your parents is a normal teenage activity. I'm sorry you don't seem to live in reality? Or you got Alzheimer's? Can't remember that far back?

The dad is a whiny jerk. Making a revenge video isn't mature. Shooting a laptop isn't mature. Getting mad at a 15 year old for talking bad about you isn't mature.

Guy is a controlling weirdo. You can't control your 15 year olds line of thought unless you want to give them a lobotomy.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I personally think the Father went too far. If I was the daughter...I would be afraid...thinking..."is he going to shoot me next?" He over-reacted...and I have to wonder...why did he have such a reaction...was there some truth in what the daughter posted on Facebook...I'm just saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Uhhhh, bitching about your parents is a normal teenage activity. I'm sorry you don't seem to live in reality? Or you got Alzheimer's? Can't remember that far back?

The dad is a whiny jerk. Making a revenge video isn't mature. Shooting a laptop isn't mature. Getting mad at a 15 year old for talking bad about you isn't mature.

Guy is a controlling weirdo. You can't control your 15 year olds line of thought unless you want to give them a lobotomy.

Sure it's a normal teenage activity, but only because they think they know everything when they really don't. There was a previous altercation where the girl did something similar and he told her, if she did anything else like this, he was going to put a bullet through it.

She did, so he did. It isn't a revenge video, it's a LIFE LESSON video. And yes, this IS the way that you control a 15 year old's line of thought.

Once again, your lack of life experience and general knowledge is showing!

link   

And making your daughter the new topic of negative interest at school is also not very good parenting. But this guy wont understand that , because he is an self centered jerk.

link   

Nah, I'm not that young

But yeah, I told my mom whenever I had an issue with her. Because that's called communication and keeps the relationship civil without all the anger and confusion. She clearly can't talk to her dad so she has to let out her bottled emotions on facebook, because she is afraid of him.

This is real simple stuff here.

link   
double

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

dont confuse what you say on the internet with your thoughts.
i dont think he is trying to control her thoughts, just keep her from spreading them on the internet that he paid for her access too.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Killing office equipment is not all that unusual.

edit on 10-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I personally think the Father went too far. If I was the daughter...I would be afraid...thinking..."is he going to shoot me next?" He over-reacted...and I have to wonder...why did he have such a reaction...was there some truth in what the daughter posted on Facebook...I'm just saying.

It's that very mindset that makes the world such an awful place with all of the political correctness and nanny state type activity. Would you really be afraid he'd shoot YOU because he shot a COMPUTER?

That's a whole other issue in and of itself.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No it isn't. You're putting it on my age because you have nothing better to say.

She clearly is very upset with her dad and is afraid to talk to him about it. That is not a meaningful parent-child relationship and just builds resentment.

You're showing your lack of empathy.

Girls shouldn't fear their dad, that is just weird.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

And making your daughter the new topic of negative interest at school is also not very good parenting. But this guy wont understand that , because he is an self centered jerk.

In the grand scheme of things, her piddly 4 more years in school or so means NOTHING. She'll look back and realize that people were so ignorant when they were in school. It's excellent parenting that will teach her, and many others, a lifelong lesson.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

No it isn't. You're putting it on my age because you have nothing better to say.

She clearly is very upset with her dad and is afraid to talk to him about it. That is not a meaningful parent-child relationship and just builds resentment.

You're showing your lack of empathy.

Girls shouldn't fear their dad, that is just weird.

No, she isn't "clearly upset with her dad and afraid to talk about it." You see these same types of situations time and time again perpetuated throughout life and history. She is being a whiny brat, he is trying to instill responsibility. Sorry, but you're just wrong!

This is what teenagers DO, they're just usually grown or parented out of it, when they realize how wrong they were.
edit on 10-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join