It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Angry Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop [Posts on Facebook]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, after seeing the video and reading his recent reply, I'm in agreement with him. He seems to actually care what is going on in his daughters life.
I seriously doubt she is going to be mentally damaged or become a stripper from her response, she seems to "get it" which was the whole point, right?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Well, after seeing the video and reading his recent reply, I'm in agreement with him. He seems to actually care what is going on in his daughters life.
I seriously doubt she is going to be mentally damaged or become a stripper from her response, she seems to "get it" which was the whole point, right?

If you were living with a man who had a vicious temper and a gun, wouldn't you "get it" with an appeasing smile on your face until the day when you could make a run for freedom?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I'll bet you all would loose your mind if I had expressed a racist remark like the reverse of that.I prefer the term Beige American if you must demand I speak in PC terms.We are discussing boundries here,not boxing her up.Those who don't follow them DO NOT do so well in the REAL world.There must be some measure of strength of character that is epidemically missing from some self entitled generations.That was mine as well.
It is difficult to translate to a younger intellect.Fun can kill you if it goes too far. Everyone DOES NOT get a trophy out here,I wish this world was more like some would wish but it isn't going to be all fun .You have to do things you don't like,only rarely is life fair and there are always negative consequences to any negative act,or some good or that matter. Maybe you point out this type discipline as the problem,but time out raised toddlers screaming at Wallmart who grow up to be crack heads is a problem,regardless of epidermis or financial status.Hell the Elite old money is the ultimate selfish expressions of selfishness if the NWO is really trying to kill of a major portion of the population.
No parent will get every thing right,it is important that dad AND mom(regardless of their sex) are there to try.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
He bought the laptop. He furnished the software. He even mentions that he spent $160 on software and he spent the time installing it. It's his choice what happens to it. He can shoot it if he wants.

It doesn't matter whether what she did or what he did was right or wrong.

Bottom line. I like to keep it simple because there's so much BS.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I feel sorry for this mans children. Three months grounding for a previous face book post? Really? The guy is nuts and , again , I feel sorry for his kids.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Eh he deserves nothing, but ridicule.
I think his daughters personality (if any of it's true) seems like a direct reflection of the father.
They are both obviously ungrateful for how lucky they both are.
I wish I could afford several hundred dollar targets to shoot. What message does that send to his daughter?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Or she will just be ungrateful like he is.
I bet she respects her property about the same he does.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Huge waste of money and corny. Donate it to goodwill or something before destroying it.

This guy is a jerk anyways. Daughter will grow up and disown him.
edit on 10-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by labyrinth101

Originally posted by chiefsmom

If you were living with a man who had a vicious temper and a gun, wouldn't you "get it" with an appeasing smile on your face until the day when you could make a run for freedom?

Haha vicious temper? I see nothing that indicates he has a vicious temper. Have you seen the other "parenting" vids out there? THOSE people have a vicious temper.

I guarantee you havent read his FB postings which have been posted in the thread. I agree 100% with what he did and from what he says about how she acts even now, well she hasn't learned a thing yet. You could have the best parents in the world and teens will still act rebellious. I do not think what he did was wrong, he was proving a point and like he said her laptop was her life and well a laptop should not be someones life! Kids need to get outside today instead of sitting inside on a computer all day. Im only 33 but my god teens are scary today and it's scary THEY are our future. Teens today seem to think they should have everything they want handed to them. I blame tv and what is out there for teens to look up to....which is not much of anything with values or morals! Everything is about having the best of everything or partying it up like some 2 dollar hooker and then getting into a fight and posting it online because "you are cool and a bad girl." This is NOT how teens should be behaving!

Did you even read the letter she posted on her FB about her parents?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by labyrinth101

"vicious temper" Really..... He was upset but I would not call his action vicious. He used a gun on a laptop that he bought for her. She abused her privileges and he took it away.

I applaud that man for caring enough about his disrespectful daughter to use some tough love. Hopefully she will learn some respect and appreciate the fact that she has a father that cares enough to try and straighten her out.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

LOL Vicious Temper!!!!
I grew up with a man with a vicious temper and lots of guns. That man did not seem like he had a vicious temper at all.
Before you say anything, I was not beaten, nor did I grow up to be emotionally damaged. He taught me valuable life lessons about hard work and manners and was a great man.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I hate abusive dads

guy needs to take the gun to himself, seriously.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I hate abusive dads

Wow.

/golfclap
edit on 10-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I love how some of the people here are so quick to jump to the teens defense and what a evil figure this father portrays.

I think he was quite reasoned and even tempered in his response. He kind of reminds me of my father. I ALWAYS took him at his word because what he said he would do as either reward or punishment I knew that he would follow through with it.

This father probably blames himself for giving his daughter a entitled mentality and is now trying to correct that. She will be hitting the real world in two years after all.

Or maybe I should say that the real world will be hitting her.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There's a lot of hillbillies on this forum so I'm sure most of you would pat him on the back.

link   
this is exactly why my kids(assuming i ever have any) will not have computers... if they want to use a computer they can go to the library.

hell, my kids wont even have television.. just books, lots and lots of books... and our house will be on a big yard with lots of trees and hills... and hopefully near a big national park.

my kids are going to be very weird, compared to their peers (God knows how bad they will be by the point i actually have kids), but very intelligent.

actually we will have A television, but it will be very old, and it will not be hooked to any outside signal.. it will be hooked to an old nintendo.. and it will be mine. LOL

link   
Having kids myself, I really found this video interesting. I have dealt with similar issues, but in a much different fashion. While not my way of doing things, I can't help but support him in this.

Respect, is something to be both earned and given. I believe most times a "lack of respect" is more due to a selfish personal nature.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I hate abusive dads

HOW is this abuses?

Unless you call it abuse of a PC then well I'd like to see the PC represent itself in court..

This is not abuse!

This IS abuse!
Dad puts photo of bound girl on FB

This is abuse
Judge Beats Daughter for Using the Internet

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why not do a quick "out of box" restore and give it to a local family that could REALLY use something like that. That would set a better example of what a "mature grown-up" would do....

and we wonder why things are messed up... prime example
edit on 10-2-2012 by FORMe2p00p0n because: Wiping the PooP away

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join