It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Angry Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop [Posts on Facebook]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
There's a lot of hillbillies on this forum so I'm sure most of you would pat him on the back.

Yep.

Being a parent, being involved in a teenagers life, taking care to make rules, and make sure those rules are followed, and then later following through on our threats so the children know we mean it, and also know it is important to honor one's words.

Those are some strengths of good country folks aka hillbillies, and we wear them with pride.

Good parenting deserves a pat on the back. Intact families deserve a pat on the back as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i suppose when a government is governing its people by keeping them living in fear this is going to rub off on the population.

the population then in turn train their children by having them living in fear.

i would be curious to know if the schoolkid has trouble getting to sleep at night. she probably spends a lot of time wondering if her dad is gonna come into the room and fill her with hollow point bullets. i wonder does she have nightmares about this?

did you have nightmares when you were a child?

for the people who think this guy is right? where do you go with this? when she goes to the library and posts more silly teenage gossip about family life with a tyrant for a father what does he do then with his bullets??? what does he shoot next???

saddam hussein would be proud of this tyrant.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I hate abusive dads

guy needs to take the gun to himself, seriously.

How is he abusive?

Its a laptop.
So you would have a man kill himself rather then discipline his daughter?

Really

I guess ignorance is bliss...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Um, If you are going to shoot a laptop over you daughter posting private facebook messages then you have some anger/emotional problems. Get over it, your daughter is 15, she is going to bitch about you. That is what teens do. She clearly dislikes him for a reason.

The dude acted like he was going to explode while he was reading off the paper.

The guy is a creep 100%, body language and making a video of it is just PLAIN weird.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The guy is creepy. There is no reason to get that mad over your 15 year old daughter talking to her friends about you. That is a normal teenage activity. And I can clearly see why she hates him......

He gets off on her living in fear of him. Wouldn't surprise me if he hits her......

Has nothing to do with ignorance. I've been around enough creeps to tell he is one.

Hope the girl can move out ASAP

edit on 10-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by SWCCFAN

The guy is creepy. There is no reason to get that mad over your 15 year old daughter talking to her friends about you. That is a normal teenage activity. And I can clearly see why she hates him......

He gets off on her living in fear of him. Wouldn't surprise me if he hits her......

Hope the girl can move out ASAP

You're being ridiculous dude. He isn't creepy, and I seriously doubt that he "gets off" on her living in fear of him. Where are you getting all this?
edit on 10-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Get over it, your daughter is 15, she is going to bitch about you. That is what teens do. She clearly dislikes him for a reason.

Her reason is unfounded and misguided. Most intelligent people realize later on in life that their parents really weren't that hard on them, and thank them for it.

You have to be hardly a teenager yourself.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Ummm,,,, the clear body language in the video and emotional problems of shooting a laptop. Also feeling the need to make a video of it and post it online for the world to see for some sort of "revenge"...is just CREEPY

Oh, and the reason WHY he is mad at her. Because she bitched about him in a private message on facebook. That is no reason to get mad at all....the girl is 15. What does he expect? For her to post "I LOVE YOU DADDY" on facebook? The girl is nearly an adult...

Guy is gross, I hate controlling psychopathic men

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Not really, I'm 20.

I just hate control freak weirdos.

link   

Ummm,,,, the clear body language in the video and emotional problems of shooting a laptop. Also feeling the need to make a video of it and post it online for the world to see for some sort of "revenge"...is just CREEPY

Oh, and the reason WHY he is mad at her. Because she bitched about him in a private message on facebook. That is no reason to get mad at all....the girl is 15. What does he expect? For her to post "I LOVE YOU DADDY" on facebook? The girl is nearly an adult...

Guy is gross, I hate controlling psychopathic men

Clearly you havn't been around long enough to be able to read body language.

I'd also like to know why shooting a laptop equates to having emotional problems.

Also the girl is 15. Unless she is #ting or bathing, there IS NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY. Sorry.

link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

If you think this man is a controlling psychopath, obviously you have never met one. I'm afraid he does not even come close.
Do you have children?

Ahhh just read your age, that explains a lot.
edit on 10-2-2012 by chiefsmom because: add

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not really, I'm 20.

I just hate control freak weirdos.

Ah 20. The "I know everything" age.

You'll look back and realize how ignorant you were. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

If you think this man is a controlling psychopath, obviously you have never met one. I'm afraid he does not even come close.
Do you have children?

Hit the nail on the head there! Calling this abuse really is shameful towards the poor kids who actually ARE abused.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

Get over it, your daughter is 15, she is going to bitch about you. That is what teens do. She clearly dislikes him for a reason.

Her reason is unfounded and misguided. Most intelligent people realize later on in life that their parents really weren't that hard on them, and thank them for it.

You have to be hardly a teenager yourself.

yep, you hit the nail on the head there.

i didnt fully realize this till around 26-27 years of age.

obviously we have a lot of young kids(who grew up addicted to technology, BTW) using this guy as an excuse to vent about their own parents.

fact is, a laptop is not a life necessity. but for them, its like he shot her in the foot or something. they think she NEEDS the ability to post online to vent her frustrations.. but she doesnt, because none of the other kids in the whole history of man that existed before computers ever needed that outlet..
as the brits always say "tempest in a teapot"
edit on 10-2-2012 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I dunno, clearly other people agree with me as they're starring my posts

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hit the nail on the head there!

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

whoa... was i reading your mind or where you reading mine?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm guessing most of them are your age or younger.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sure, there are a few other misguided and unfounded opinions out there. If you read the entirety of the thread, and all of the related comments on all of the other places this video is found, you can't help but see that your viewpoint is the overwhelming minority. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hit the nail on the head there!

whoa... was i reading your mind or where you reading mine?

I did a double take also. It was like, exact almost! "Hit the nail on the head there." Haha!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

take some advice from a grown up.
dont become dependent on outside validation for your personal opinions. because one day you wont get any, and you wont have any internal support built up to stand up for yourself.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join