It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I wouldn't go as far to say that, but why can't they take the symbol and use it for something better?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Dude, it's a couple of frigging S's on a flag with (s)cout (s)nipers posing in a unit picture.

No one here has said they agree with Nazi ideology so stop being a baby about it and blowing something so simplistic out of proportion.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The SS were blamed for killing millions of Jews and these men are proudly using their symbolism. This is bound to cause an outrage among the Jewish community.

Anyone notice how it's all a bunch of white guys?

Hardly any mention in all the responses of the fact that these guys are using high-tech weapons to blow the skulls off of Afghanis who appear to the naked eye as nothing more than a tiny fly-speck in the far distance. There would to be a huge margin for error in targeting the enemy in this manner, i.e innocent casualties. But these innocent casualties are not a cause of concern here. Rather the feelings of Jews are.

Oh, and yes, it's all a bunch of white guys. Because non-Jewish heterosexual white guys carry the anti-Semitic gene and are at risk of goose-stepping at any moment, rounding up Blacks, Homosexuals and Jews and submitting them to various crimes borne of the hatred they carry within.

That is why they must be properly educated, medicated, be legally restrained and encouraged to intermarry to weaken the evil gene. (until it can be removed via genetic engineering)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Yeah I lurked for quite a long time as well. I'm just glad to know there are other Marine brothers here. I was an 0311 also and fought in Phantom Fury. Good to see that even here we can all stick together. Semper Fi.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Semper Fi bro. Wish I could have been with you but I didn't enlist until 08.
I agree though. It's good to see some of these guys found their way here.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Just wanted to throw this out there. The band KISS uses the same SS in their official logo as seen here. And let's not forget that the members of KISS are jewish.

www.kissonline.com...

Maybe the designer is just a KISS fan. It is so unfair that the military members are being judged the way they are these days. Exspecially the Marines. I knew other scout snipers who had simalar logos and they were not meant to be construed as bad nor were they ever. Everyone has a different opinion of this and really it's not that big of a deal. Just another punch in the gut to the hard working men and women of our armed forces.

Dude come on ... Even KISS took flak back in the day for using the lightning runes.

When you impose the lightning runes on a black flag (the traditional 'colour' of the SS) in a military environment, there is no other possible or reasonable inference that can be drawn other than a representation or homage to the SS.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

reply to post by usmc0311

You guys are the backbone. Did a job I didn't want to do. I'll admit it. But often sent along with y'all. But then the grunts learned how to radio. lol

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I doubt anyone in this photo is old enough to know or have seen that symbol before. They may be Sheep but dont blame the snipers. Other than that, I would guess its a US Military symbol. Dont see these guys finding some seemstress (sp) in Afghanistan and telling her/him "Hey, can you copy this Photo of this Nazi flag and make one for us to represent our Sniper Team?".

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Do Nazi's have a copyright on this?

We kicked their arses and if someone (especially Marines) want to use the SS symbol they should go right ahead and do so.

Some people just go out of their way to be offended.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

Can you truly be so entirely clueless to the world around you? There can be no possible excuse for using the symbols or heraldry of a paramilitary unit which committed the greatest mass-murder in the history of human civilization. Even if people think it looks cool (I will confess, there is something distinctly alluring about the SS uniform, no matter the horrible history it hides), it is grossly irresponsible and inappropriate for any military, let alone the US military - which is purportedly meant to be the guardian of freedom both for the United States and around the world - to use these symbols.

Would you think it appropriate for marines to wear SS shirts to Auschwitz while taking a tour? I don't think the several holocaust survivors or children of holocaust survivors who regularly visit in tour groups would take well to an American wearing the emblem of the group that tried to liquidate their ancestors because it looks 'cool' or because 'it's alright, the US of A kicked their asses'.

This is not going out of our way to be offended by this - this is Marines going out of their way to offend the dignity of other human beings.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

you 0621s have balls man...I wouldn't wanna be humping with a target on my back. plus you're a lifeline.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
they posed infront of a flag big deal, i let a lot of things go by when i come on this site

people bash on the us all the time...sometimes its actaully interesting the subject

but don't go bash on these guys who put there lives on the line all day every day, I am a marine i know what these guys go through, the training, boot camp, all of it. they took a picture infront of a flag that had SS on it big whoop. i know there are people on this site who have served and still do serve and they understand but for the rest of you don't go bashing them because they took a picture. they have more balls then half of you

they didnt think about "oh SS must be for the german WaffenSS from ww2" they thought "hey where scout snipers, SS, makes sense lets take a picture infront of it"

your making a big deal over a picture, get over it there are far bigger things that are problems with the world today

I'm sorry, but just because you served in the forces doesn't mean that the average citizen is no longer able to make a comment on what is clearly extremely inappropriate. I'm not actually sure which is worse, Marines who do not care that they are disgracing the uniform they stand in, or that they are so incredibly stupid that children in grade-school have a deeper knowledge of military history then these idiots.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by duality90

When you impose the lightning runes on a black flag (the traditional 'colour' of the SS) in a military environment, there is no other possible or reasonable inference that can be drawn other than a representation or homage to the SS.

Only it's a blue flag.

So where does that leave us?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Does anyone really believe it's an innocent mistake?

The SS were blamed for killing millions of Jews and these men are proudly using their symbolism. This is bound to cause an outrage among the Jewish community. Even as a non religious person I find these actions to lack any respect.

Anyone notice how it's all a bunch of white guys?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Of course it wasn't an error. The Corps is preparing many forces for the inevitable showdown between the zionist cabal that has infiltrated the US Government at all levels, and the constitution loving defenders of America.

All the military forces are secretly preparing for this showdown, behind the backs of the political class that sold them out.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

I would say that ATS has been taken
over by ss sympathizers.
No wonder WWlll is at hand.

some big things to say while your behind your computer and these guys are in the field fighting everyday, getting shot at and knowing that when they come home that there country doesn't even give a s*** and they scarficed almost everything for nothing in return

Aside from extremely generous benefits, but that's another story ...

Respect to the individual if they serve honorably, but no one forces young men into the service - not these days, anyways. You don't get to act above the normal standards of moral conduct and civility because you've been in Afghanistan or Iraq.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Of course it wasn't an error. The Corps is preparing many forces for the inevitable showdown between the zionist cabal that has infiltrated the US Government at all levels, and the constitution loving defenders of America.

All the military forces are secretly preparing for this showdown, behind the backs of the political class that sold them out.

this is the truth that many americans are not yet aware of. our troops are tired of laying their lives on the line to benefit people who are in fact carrying out a holocaust of their own.

don't like what you see in this picture? does it offend you? fine, then go over there and fight those people yourself. as far as I'm concerned they can carry any flag they want.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
makes me rather upset that something like the SS symbol can be a "mistake" its obvious they did it on purpose, same shape and all. i feel bad for anyone that truly admires these ignorant fools.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion

Only it's a blue flag.

The premise of both yourself and the other posters has been that if I take one offensive image, and then claim that it I am using it to represent something else, then it is no longer offensive?

Is it to be presumed then that I could print (on a large flag) the word '#' or the KKK roundel and then say 'oh no, you guys misunderstand, I'm using the former as a symbol of philanthropic love and the other because it looks cool', fly it from my house, and be entirely justified when I fail to understand why the former might be offensive to people in general, and why the latter might be offensive to people of color?

I just don't see how it follows that you can negate the negative connotation invariably drawn by an image or word by simply purporting to use it to represent something else. You may well use an image in ignorance of its origin or meaning, but that doesn't make it any less justifiable for people to be angered by this.

I wonder what the IDF soldiers will make of this if things kick off in the middle east? Presumably they'll see the innocence in it as well.

link   
What I don't get is why people are acting like this is something new and crazy.

click the link for full image since it cut the right side off.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-9-12 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

link   
Sigh.. I think everyone needs to chill out about all of this. "Oh boohoo, SS sysmbol".. Cry more. That's what is wrong with this world, everyone is too politically correct.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion

Only it's a blue flag.

Black or Blue, it makes no difference. The connotation is the same to anyone with even an inkling of familiarity with the history of the third reich.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join