It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines posed with Nazi symbol in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
from a comment from original site

"IT will be funny when they go to war with Iran................it'll be Neo-nazi Aryans against people who are actually Aryans (Iranians)"

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1lluminatus
''However, it was a naive mistake made by Marines who believed the SS symbol was meant to represent sniper scouts''

Seriously? Do they really think anyone would believe this? I know the US educational system isn't really something to be impressed with but this would mean having absolutely no clue about recent history.

Read the yahoo comments it pretty sad actually. I am sure people here will defend it, cognitive dissonance and all, but it's blatantly nazi symbolism. Don't see any minorities in that unit either...

Just to make something clear though, this is one case where I am sure it is isolated (large group as opposed to individual), lets not "blanket condemn" all marines.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by mackey1224uk

I don't see any helmets (we call them ACH or Kevlars) in that picture, just boonie caps.

I was talking about the American war helmet used by the US army today. I should of made clearer. sorry

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't think this is a new issue actually. I heard about Scout Snipers using SS from prior service Marines in the Guard and Reserve about ten years ago. The story I heard was rowdy and smartassed in the way that only combat arms soldiers could appreciate, but I remember the Marine joking about Scout Sniper NCO's spending a lot of their time Article 15' ing new members after they go out and get the lightning bolt tattoos. Later I heard that Scout Snipers kinda used SS and some even lightning bolts.Anyway, this is probably something the Marines should have taken care of years ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

Why, because it's a smart design that provides ear protection?

Give me a break

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
The swastika was taken from something more peacful and made into a bloody thing.

So what's the big deal? We know what it stands for.. and it's NOT the Nazi SS.

Please... Nit pick much?

Would you still say the same thing if the Grand Ayatollah Khomeini showed up in Brooklyn wearing a Nazi uniform on the holiest of Jewish Holidays? I doubt you would grant him the same forgiveness, since he hates all Jews and all

The big deal is that these people are idolizing a group of people who used to be their sworn enemy. I don't think it's nitpicking considering all the negative PR the armed forces from MANY countries have received lately, it's not just an American thing.

ETA:

It's also disrespecting the soldiers who fought for their "freedom" during the last world war. If you can't see the problem with this, then you truly do not have a grasp on recent history.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What`s new ? we all know America "edited" Hitler`s plans .......... Europe is a prime example ......... and the wars ......... i already had a mental image somewhere along the lines of this picture , but with more armour , red arm bands , and dead babies in the background.

Dont worry , you`ve got a religious extremist running for President , in 2012 , with nuclear warheads , and the most amount of military bases on the face of the earth ...... ahh , the futures bright

I wish i could just find an island that "they" dont own , and live in a cave away from all this bulltish. I hate society , i hate people , i hate currency / religion / positions of "power" , all that tish , i`m gonna dig a hole and just burry myself alive , i`m done.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw this out there. The band KISS uses the same SS in their official logo as seen here. And let's not forget that the members of KISS are jewish.

www.kissonline.com...

Maybe the designer is just a KISS fan. It is so unfair that the military members are being judged the way they are these days. Exspecially the Marines. I knew other scout snipers who had simalar logos and they were not meant to be construed as bad nor were they ever. Everyone has a different opinion of this and really it's not that big of a deal. Just another punch in the gut to the hard working men and women of our armed forces.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

KISS stands for "Knights in Satan's Service"

Their "SS" symbol could have had some hidden meanings, but considering Gene Simmons is a Jew (born Chaim Weitz) it would mean he is really stupid or that he's a radical zionist who knows the true meaning of the last world war and the holocaust.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yeah just thought I would throw it out there. Everyone views symbols differently. It's a shame that some of the evil morons of our history have taken beautifull symbols and turned them into symbols of hate.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
The swastika was taken from something more peacful and made into a bloody thing.

So what's the big deal? We know what it stands for.. and it's NOT the Nazi SS.

Please... Nit pick much?

You don't get it....

The SS symbol was never a symbol of peace.

The Swastika was...but thousands of years ago........

The lightning SS and the letters SS together have always implied Nazis

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Do Nazi's have a copyright on this?

We kicked their arses and if someone (especially Marines) want to use the SS symbol they should go right ahead and do so.

Some people just go out of their way to be offended.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thats really messed up. Most of us have had family members that have died to protect us from the likes of the Nazis and here are US soliders posing with the flag........

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Is anyone else wondering how the hell they even got their hands on an 'SS' flag?
I know WWII was not too long ago, but that flag in their picture looks fresh!

I can see if it was an honest mistake taking a quick picture next to something they found.
But that sucker is set up all neat and tight; like it came from a new batch out of the factory.

IMHO someone HAD to know what it was...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Basically.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

That is a spin worthy of Fox News.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A bit of a tangent, but being a sniper is far more dangerous than you might think at first glance. There are always anti-sniper teams with other snipers hunting you, especially where there is a defined zone of combat, so you never know when you're safe or not. I had a buddy who spent time doing it, and it really opened my eyes.

As far as the SS flag, it's probably more of a commentary on how little some Americans know about history than anything intentionally malicious. We literally live in a historical vacuum.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Do Nazi's have a copyright on this?

We kicked their arses and if someone (especially Marines) want to use the SS symbol they should go right ahead and do so.

Some people just go out of their way to be offended.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

Nazism is taboo since many believe that it's considered to be against Judaism which then makes it antim semitism which leads to cries of "Jew Hater!".

But the Zionist war machine and other organizations have a "get out of jail free card" when it comes to this type of behavior, but if Mahmoud does a speech that mentions the word Israel he's on the front page of every msm media outlet being portrayed as saying "Kill all Jews!" which is a clear mistranslation.

My colleague at work got in trouble for saying "soup nazi" a few years back in reference to a Seinfeld episode and almost got fired, and you expect men who have a license to kill to be morally allowed to support Nazism?
edit on 9-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Sad indeed. Yeah most military personal are decent people and I applaud them for defending their country. It's too bad instances like these just create more hate towards those who do have good intentions.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Holy mother of god, someone should write an article on KISS and how they used the Nazi SS symbol subliminally too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join