It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

If you wanna check out some really nice Indian music, Chinmeya Dunster's "Feng Shui" , is a great album, with a nice spiritual/meditational aura. Chinmeya plays a classical Indian Sarod, which is a 20-25 string fretless instrument, in which the strings are sympathetic.(non-plucked strings resonate along with the plucked ones) The music has a upbeat western rhythm, but you really hear what you are missing when he strums that thing.

Tune your guitar to a chord, or to a modal polychord like DADGAD or CGDGDC, and you can enjoy the same feeling of perfect harmonic richness.

edit on 9/2/12 by Astyanax because: of a model.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Very interesting topic S&F

Great read and links.

I think most of us would agree that music transcends all languages and geoghaphical boundaries. Both the Perfect 5th, and the 5 tone or pentatonic scale are used to some degree in all styles of music. Whatever the name, the expessive sound and ressonace of the perfect and diminished 5th, may be argued as some of the major building blocks of modern music.

Peace and Music
Stringman

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Very cool topic. Funny to see the confirmations with others in different ways.

Have you checked out Vortex Based Math? They talk about the halving and doubling circuits which sound like what you are talking about.

And then of course Walter Russell, who I am currently researching, speaks about the universe being based on the octave wave.

Could this also have to do with the 440hz vs 432hz tuning conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow - totally mind opening and mind blowing thread. I do not understand most of the technical stuff about music - going right over my head - but I can relate this information to a very real life changing/healing that I experienced in January of 1989. I will preface by saying I have always been drawn to classical music and have gone to as many symphony performances as I could attend.

I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B. Was headed for liver failure. Insurance called it a preexisting condition. No $$ for transplant. I had started doing visualization for healing - "seeing" the "bad" cells being eaten by "good" ones. My mother practically carried me to a performance by the Israeli Symphony Orchestra. Itzok Perlman played the violin. As he played the most beautiful music I thought I'd ever heard - I started crying there in the symphony hall and could not stop.

As I sat there crying and breathing deeply - I had a vision of all the hepatitis cells draining from the top of my head down through my body. As the hep cells reached my feet - I had a vision of them leaving my toes and rolling out across the floor. (trust me - I know this sounds nuts - I wouldn't believe it unless I had experienced it.)

I told my mother that the hepatitis B had left my body - and asked for another round of blood tests imediately. My hematologist scoffed but did another series of tests a few days later. He patted me on the head and told me that things like this just didn't happen. Test results showed NO Hepatitis B in my system. I knew that already.

I have always known that the healing and the notes from I. Perlman's violin - sound frequencies - would be an important break through in healing. I have shared this story with very few people - not wanting to be perceived as completely off the wall. But the proof is in my hematologist's files.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I saw the OP's earlier reply to you, which was clearly designed to add to, not subtract from your confusion. Perhaps I can be of some help.

What's a fifth?

It is the difference in pitch between the first and fifth notes of a musical scale or key, but it also refers to the particular sound of those two notes played together. If you want to know what it sounds like, think of the first two notes of John Williams' theme from Star Wars – they're the root and fifth of the key in which the music is set. Or think of the harmonies favoured by hillbilly and white gospel singers. They like fifths a lot.

What's the importance of fifths?

A fifth is the simplest and most basic harmonic relationship between the notes of a scale except for the octave itself. Heavy metal power chords are fifths. A lot of folk music is harmonized in fifths. The relationship between the root and the turnaround in the blues is a fifth. The sound of a two-note train or truck horn is usually two notes a fifth apart. It just sounds very pleasant to human ears.

The other basic harmonic relationships are fourths and thirds. Early Western music used only octaves, fourths and fifths; thirds were not introduced until the fifteenth century. When they arrived, they created the difference between major and minor keys (since thirds come in two kinds, major and minor).

To hear what the different musical intervals of the Western scale sound like, go to this interactive page.

What's a tritone, and why is it/they important?

A tritone is a rather nasty-sounding interval three whole tones apart. A whole tone is the difference in pitch between two white notes on the piano that have a black note between them. On the page I linked to above, a whole tone is referred to as a major second.

Tritones are not at all important. They were shunned by early composers, to whose ears they sounded unpleasant. They called it diabolus in musica, or the Devil in Music, because of its sound. Since most formal music in those days was church music, this has given rise to the legend that the Church banned the tritone because it had power to raise the Devil. Modern composers often use it, and popular musicians, too: the opening two notes of the riff of Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix form a tritone.

What can someone not musically versed do with this information?

What the OP has done, I suppose; raise upon it a vast, tottering edifice of misunderstanding, blarney and conjecture that has absolutely nothing to do with music, or anything else.

Is this like the philosopher's stone which can supposedly change metal to gold? Does this music, or tones, or frequencies, not even sure of the correct wording, cause one to reach higher levels of consciousness during meditation?

It can't do anything like that. It can affect you the way musical sounds normally affect people, that's all. Though actually, that's quite a lot of ways.

Why are ratios important? And ratios pertaining to what exactly?

The ratios we are talking about are those between the fundamental wavelength of a vibrating string (ie the length of the string itself) and the wavelength of its harmonics, aka the harmonic series. An octave is half the wavelength of the fundamental, the fifth is one-third the wavelength (never mind why!), and so on. It is from these ratios that the scales of Western music were originally devised. However, these 'perfect' ratios derived from the modes of a vibrating string create certain practical problems when designing and building polyphonic musical instruments and writing music to play on them, so round about the time of Bach, musicians and composers adopted the 'equal temperament' scale, which adjusts the pitches of all the notes of the scale to fall at equal distances from one another. The difference is slight but audible – all Western musical instruments except those like violins and slide guitars that have no built-in frets or stops are actually slightly out of tune. That's what the OP is making all this fuss about.

This seems it was written more for musicians who understand the lingo.

Not really. I am a musician, as well as someone who knows a little physics and mathematics. I am familiar with most of the ideas the OP invokes, but what he has written still makes no sense to me.

Still, you make a good point. Notice how the people going zowie-wowie at the OP are mostly those who don't know very much about music...

reply to post by antonia

Ah, a voice of sanity and a real musician to boot. Star for you, Antonia.

edit on 9/2/12 by Astyanax because: Of disharmony.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Vibration is the key...and music, or sound, is vibration.

A shift in vibration will open the "Portal", or the Ascended Awareness, our race so desperately needs. And quite simply, it is the only thing that can save us from ourselves.

I very much look forward to seeing what else you bring forward on this subject.

Excellent thread. s&f

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I have to ask if you are referring to the Devil's Chords used by Black Sabbath:
These 3 notes have been long believed to be the power behind Sabbath and although that is not your thread meaning and not something I hold to, it is interesting that someone mentioned here that the 3 notes are not used in Popular music.

You beat me to it! The first time I heard Black Sabbath the song (and the band for that matter) I was around 10 (1980) and this song scared the sh!t outta me! I heard this music blasting from a house across the railroad tracks and I couldn't stop listening to it!

We're talking about a kid who was listening to Simon & Garfunkel, Earth, Wind & Fire and the Delfonics all of a sudden hearing a song that made him say Holy Crap!!! This is absolutely terrifying... but I love it!

I love this thread!

One of the quotes I always use when describing the importance of music is:
“Music has a power of forming the character, and should therefore be introduced into the education of the young.”
~Aristotle

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

It's weird because just as I look at this thread I see the words "the power of music" show up on tv.

Interesting theory though.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks, and to Antonia as well, for de-mystifying this a bit. To me I feel there is a "magic" in music in that it can capture and relate barely expressable emotions. Those who have long dabbled in music but have no real knowledge of the theory have found some tricks that may be easiest classified as "magic" because the concepts are difficult to express verbally but can be felt at times.

Perlman's violin have brought me the brink of fleeting otherworld insights. Galacticgirl's healing experience while attending a Perlman performance I acknowledge and find highly believeable as I utilize similar visualizations to ease internal distresses and music helps make one that much more susceptible to those benefits. I suppose music "speaks" to us in that when masterfully done it brings up unresolved emotional responses and "completes the statement" to bring it to our satisfaction or perhaps leaves us with an internal mystery that we can resolve on our own.

Any theory worth its salt should be expressable in common terms but I suppose in dealing with true harmonics there is a "quantum factor" in that there is a bit of spare change left over that is difficult to account for.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The Ra Material claims that the Earth, humans, and the Universe is designed in the form of fractal sets of Octaves.

Ra claims the Octave is made of 8 sets of "densities" or planes/dimensions which all have different physical properties and provide different spectrums of frequencies which life-forms experience. these 8 densities are analogous to the 8 notes and harmonies contained in the tonic-tonic musical Octave.

according to the Material, the physical Earth as we know it is made of 1st and 2nd density life-forms, and We humans are mostly 3rd density....if we are able to raise our intellectual vibrations and cut ourselves off from the gross-material world, then we will be able to rise into the 4th and 5th frequency densities of our Octave. these dimensions are where "time/space" exists, the "astral plane" and where the "spirit" world is.

this whole idea of concentric layers of density is seen in plasma physics and certain torus dynamics, and the science of the Ra Material is further verified by physicist Dewey B. Larson.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

The Ra Material claims that the Earth, humans, and the Universe is designed in the form of fractal sets of Octaves.

And what pray, is a 'fractal set of Octaves'?

This whole idea of concentric layers of density is seen in plasma physics .

Really? Could you explain in what sense this is said to be the case?

edit on 9/2/12 by Astyanax because: of gibberish.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Great thread, S+F for sure! i got sucked into your last link about the Pineal gland. forgot i was on ATS for an hour ! haha

All tho most of it was a refresher its still nice to read again and bring that information back to the front of the mind for later meditation
i'm a true believer of what happens, happens for a reason at that time. We, who have read this ALL though, were ment to receive this knowledge at this point in our life's.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Fantastic post!

Bookmarking for futher study and comment later. Thank you so much!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Golden Child

I have not watched the movie in a long time but it was just on the other day. Syncronicity.

Sardo Numspa sits in the lotus position and does a chant (not familiar enough with notes) as to what key to open a portal to Hell?

And doesn't Murphy's character spin a instrument that makes a hum as well? I hu hu hu I want the knife....

I just thought this was interesting since it was just on.

Maybe you could shed some light on this and I was just reading about a frequency of 528Hz The so called 11:11 meditation frequency.

How do you feel about these? Are they evil or does this and the Devils Chord just stir feelings and emotions of desire that was labled evil in early history?
edit on 9-2-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

That is interesting. I know of the Ra material, channeled correct? Just haven't read much of it. I will look into it next. Because that correlates to what I am reading now.

I haven't heard of the relation of "densities". But Russell shows on his periodic chart that the 4th Octave is the carbon/perfection octave. So that fits nicely into raising our vibration etc...

I have recently downloaded some of Dewey's videos and documents. I love the concept of reciprocals.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of Stanly Jordan? One of the best jazz musicians, anyway..he's been talking about the healing properties of music for years. He has done some amazing research and anyone interested should check him out.
I agree with you, as someone who understands math and music. my perspective is this: western music, like everything in the west, is contrived and controlled.
Can sound change matter? absolutely! Hear the sweet notes and feel blissful. is that not a chemical change? yes it is.
What about opening up portals? sure..why not. just because you don't believe something, doesn't mean it doesn't exsist. Ok..here's my experience. when I was a young man I played guitar with a band, anyway...the guys and I felt that someimes an inter-dimensional entity would take over and it was as if we were spectators! I have heard this same tale from many.
Oh another thing...terrence Mckenna's theory of consciousnous in the book the invisible landscape( sorta of hard to understand unless you have a grasp on chemistry) reflects what was said regarding sound as consciousnous.
Great thread, great responses from everyone!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cplouffe

do an ATS search for the hidden hand, and you'll learn all about RA

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have also wondered if they would ever use cell towers to broadcast a frequency that resonates in the human ear or brain that causes audio hallucinations or stimulations.

Just sayin...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

First of all, as a classically trained musician, this is a great find on ATS! Secondly, I've recently started to read about sound harmonics and the amazing properties that certain chord structures have. I've read the theories that certain harmonics resonated with certain types of materials can actually make those materials as light as air. I'm not sure of the scientific process involved, or if there is even any validity to that claim, but it's interesting.

Richard Wagner is one of my favorite Romantic Era composers, and his opera, "Tristan und Isolde" is the first time that this augmented 4th structure was heard in the fashion that it was used. The Tristan chord (which utilizes the augmented 4th, 6th, and 9th above the root) was called daring, innovative, and shocking to opera goers in the 1800's, and ironically enough, a few people died during the second run (or first run, considering that the staging of the opera proved to be a problem in a few opera houses) due to the stress of the score (or so they say). Music theorists and historians say that the use of this chord was the beginning steps to 20th century music and the disintegration of tonality (or the Devil's music as some conservative musicians stated in the early 1900's).

You really may be on to something, and I'll be checking in regularly for updates.

-TS

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is a good example of The Devil's Chord in use in a classical symphonic setting. This piece's tritone starts at 0:20 with a macabre sounding violin solo...

youtu.be...
edit on 9-2-2012 by davcwebb because: Video link problem

edit on 9-2-2012 by davcwebb because: spelling error

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join