It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Navy A Global Force For Good

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just saw a commercial on tv, and the tag at the end was "America's Navy A Global Force For Good". I instantly thought, ha, not if you happen to be on the wrong side of the bombs... But, that's not why I'm posting.

...So then it hit me. 'Global Force'??? WTF! A "global force for good? GLOBAL? Really, shouldn't the American armed forces be a national force for good? Are my tax dollars funding a "global force?

I guess the programers want us to download this new paradigm into our subconscious.

(oops meant to post this in new world order)
edit on 7-2-2012 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Dude, that's been their catch phrase for a LONG time. Like 10+ years. Where have you been lol?

On another note....I'm about to join the Navy. Take advantage of some Student Loan Repayment!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

more of the interventionist nonsense is being advertised.Hell,These things will end up in a world war.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

First of all its not a good idea.A world war is on the horizon.

Secondly what is the amount of your loan.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Wow, never noticed. I rarely watch tv, it's bad for you like poison.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Dude, that's been their catch phrase for a LONG time. Like 10+ years. Where have you been lol?

On another note....I'm about to join the Navy. Take advantage of some Student Loan Repayment!

Have fun in the persian gulf.

Watch out for those speed boats thatre gonna be loaded with anti-ship missles.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I think binkbonk is the sound made by two eyes opening wide.
Do I need a second line.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

lol so let me get this straight you can't pay back your student loan, so you're going to risk life, limb, sanity, biologic and genetic integrity, and allow the system to use you up and discard you...?

i could be cynical and tell you to go ahead and sign up, but won't

your education didn't get you a job

f paying that loan back
simples

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ummm.... The Navy has always used the global adventure image as a recruiting point. It doesn't make it nefarious, it just makes it accurate. Aircraft Carriers and Battleships weren't designed for use inside the U.S. coastal waters. Our Navy has been geared toward global Blue Water operations since the days of Washington and Jefferson....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You think I haven't batted around the idea of war? At this point it's either pay my loans back for the rest of my life and never get ahead financially

OR

serve the country that I proudly believe in and sacrifice some of my time to get ahead in life. I have realized if I go in with fear then its just going to be a miserable 5+ years.

If anything Navy is my best bet for NOT being injured. Airforce doesn't payback on loans enough. Otherwise I'd be Airforce.
edit on 8-2-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Besides if you're convinced there is going to be World War 3(which I have my convictions and worries about).....

Don't you think they would reinstate the draft? Everyone who is an able body is going whether they like it or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

f paying that loan back

Talk about ignorant advice. Student loans MUST be payed back, there is no alternative unless you plan on sleeping in a cardboard box for the rest of your days. You cannot clear the debt in any way, not even bankruptcy, except through either employer reimbursement or military benefits.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
I just saw a commercial on tv, and the tag at the end was "America's Navy A Global Force For Good". I instantly thought, ha, not if you happen to be on the wrong side of the bombs... But, that's not why I'm posting.

...So then it hit me. 'Global Force'??? WTF! A "global force for good? GLOBAL? Really, shouldn't the American armed forces be a national force for good? Are my tax dollars funding a "global force?

I guess the programers want us to download this new paradigm into our subconscious.

(oops meant to post this in new world order)
edit on 7-2-2012 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I mean our Navy never brings supplies and relief to areas stricken with natural disaster. Hell, we just let those Somalian pirates go on their merry way too.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Look into riding Submarines, you wil NOT regret that choice! PM me if you have any questions.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

f paying that loan back

Talk about ignorant advice. Student loans MUST be payed back, there is no alternative unless you plan on sleeping in a cardboard box for the rest of your days. You cannot clear the debt in any way, not even bankruptcy, except through either employer reimbursement or military benefits.

talk about a lack of will or imagination.
MUST? talk about an ignorant statement,
there are no absolutes, save the inevitability of Change.

one would think you're a bankster: "FreedomXisntXFree MUST render to Mammon"

some master mason
letting a former Inner Sentinel ruffle your feathers and squawking nonsense

if i had a dime for every time somebody told me
you Cant and you Must and i went ahead and DID and DID NOT....

edit on 8-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

edit on 8-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: spelling and edit

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

talk about a lack of will or imagination. MUST? talk about an ignorant statement, there are no absolutes, save the inevitability of Change.

Are you freaking stupid? No no.. don't answer, I already know.
There is an absolute.

You take out a student loan. You. Must. Pay. It. Back.

No alternative. The IRS will garnish tax returns, bank accounts etc, it will destroy your credit rating, there is absolutely no way for a court to clear the loans, no bankruptcy options, nothing. It's the closest thing to indentured servitude in this country, bonds of legal chains that cannot be broken.

Student loans are the ONLY loans in the US that cannot be dealt with through the courts, bankruptcy, adjustments, or any other legal course. You can not pay the loans sure, but there's also little to nothing that can be done to clear back interest, fees etc.

[SNIP]
edit on 8-2-2012 by elevatedone because: REMOVED INSULTS

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I wonder if its related to the SPACE NAVY influences upon Ea*rth, I read there is a conspiracy they exist as the first contacts with non Earth relations. You figure the Earth is more water so the navy would encounter any encountering the seas first. (I DONT THINK THE SPACE NAVY IS ONLY US) to add..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If you don't pay back your loans your credit rating gets destroyed. To the point that when employers check your credit they won't hire you because of your terrible credit score.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

your education didn't get you a job..f paying that loan back
simples

Many of us do not believe in freebies or handouts. One should be responsible and liveup to their promises. Times might be difficult but at the least he is trying to be responsible and payoff the loan. He is also a risk taker which is something of a diminishing quality among the younger generation (atleast when it comes to living up to their social and moral obligations). He doesn't seem to be a lazy person at the least. These are very good qualities of a hard working and determined individual. You cannot simply assume that a college degree will get you a job. One has to try harder and repeatedly keep trying to land a job given the current economic situation. I struggled to land a job too back in the 80's after a Bachelors Degree. Eventually I was able to land a job and since then I have been employed. You think this economy is bad? Please do travel overseas to south east asian countries where there are dime a dozen highly skilled professionals working in industries totally unrelated to their majors only to make the ends meet. That should be the spirit. Never give up too easily. Not paying the loan will only spoil things for someone else in the education industry seeking to obtain a loan. Why spoil it for the others?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You are in the same boat allot of people are in. They are so poor they can't find better opportunities than in the armed forces. Why are there not enough state funded programs to buffer the expense of schooling, why, because we are broke. One of the richest nations in the world and we can't afford anything, except to give you a chance to become a hessian to the worlds conflicts. A formal mercenary force for the global elite. Nice huh. That same money the government has given the armed forces as initiative for service could be given to your state in the same form. Yet, you have to go and serve illegal wars that threaten your nations security by creating ever increasing numbers of enemies after medaling in their affairs.

Sorry bro, I hope it works out and your battle group doesn't kill another human being for the profit of corporations and private fortunes worldwide.

Good luck.

edit on 8-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join