It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Girl Killed by Obama: She "never saw it coming"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Warning Graphic Image

Barack Obama says the drone attacks he authorises are targetted only at named people on a list of active terrorists who are a direct threat to America. The facts tell a different story.

+87 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Win the Nobel Peace Prize

-Bomb Libya
-Kill Americans without trial via drones
-Arrest Americans indefinitely without trial

Vote Obama 2012

+47 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Obama is a pyscopath and a mass murderer.

www.wsws.org...

www.thenews.com.pk...

tribune.com.pk...

pakobserver.net...

www.nytimes.com...

A mass murderer.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And keep in mind we're seeing drones being flown over HERE lately in the good ol' us of a!

Someone needs to update the movie blue thunder for drones.

I hope obama don't share that kind of mentality when he bombs my neighbors house.

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Obama might be the commander in chief, but he is certainly not personally responsible for all of these civilian deaths, and is even more certainly not a "psychopath".

Its not Obama's job to make military decisions beyond declaring war. A lot of the time, when missles are flying and commanders are directing from above, things go awry. Not that this justifies killing civilians, but Its simply a fact of warfare.

Take General Macarthur's command decisions during the Korean war, for instance. Despite being told on multiple occasions not to cross the 38th parallel, and not to attack into Manchuria or the Soviet Union, he defied orders and the US army did both these things.

Of course, Truman removed him from command. But, theres only so many times the US can fire its ranking military commanders before theres nothing left...

Anyways, its easy to blame Obama for all of this stuff. In effect, thats his job, being the figurehead of the state. But we should at least recognize this isn't a new phenomenon. Post-war presidents have all presided over military conflicts where civilians have been killed, to some extent. And same went for Britain, when it was top dog... and so on.

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldcoin
Win the Nobel Peace Prize

-Bomb Libya
-Kill Americans without trial via drones
-Arrest Americans indefinitely without trial

Vote Obama 2012

-Bomb Iran.
-Continue to kill Americans without trial via drones.
-Not repeal the bill that allows the arrest of Americans indefinitely without trial.

Vote Romney 2012.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

Exactly, i mean its horrible, but seriously in a situation where deaths, are caused by gunfire, misslefire, people are gonna be in the wrong place at the wrong time n become incedentilly hit. hell freindly fire is the same thing isnt it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Now that I think about it, wasn't it "indiscriminate killing" that was used against Bush saying it would lead to the rise of more insurgents?

where the hell are these ppl now?

nothing to see here citizen, just the illusion of conflict, move along.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

And you know what's sad? A lot of these Obamabots call themselves ``progressives`` and ``liberals``... Sorry but if you support Obama, YOU ARE IN NO WAY A PROGRESSIVE OR A LIBERAL.

+63 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Its not Obama's job to make military decisions beyond declaring war. A lot of the time, when missles are flying and commanders are directing from above, things go awry. Not that this justifies killing civilians, but Its simply a fact of warfare.

It is Obama's job - Constitutionally speaking - to make military decisions, it is not Obama's job - Constitutionally speaking to declare war. That job goes to Congress. The Commander-in-Chief assumes full responsibility of all national military actions. That's a big part of the job.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Speaking of constitutionally...
What's slightly unnerving is the fact that since WWII, there has been no formal declaration of "WAR".
Only authorized Military actions, and UN actions or sanctions against other nations.
Then there's the War Powers Act of 1973...don't get me started...

But that doesn't seem to register in any Americans mind.
Because everyone I've talked to acts as if they actually declared war.
When in reality, it hasn't happened in a long time.

I digress...
My simplistic thoughts remain the same.
Until we act as a unified nation of people, not divided by trivial ideas...
We will never get things accomplished.

That and I believe we fed the fat cats for far too long.
It's time to cut off their food supply.

But we all have to agree about it.
And right now you can't get most people to agree on anything.
Too busy with their "I have to succeed!" attitude.
These "elites" have perfected this divide and conquer.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

What's slightly unnerving is the fact that since WWII, there has been no formal declaration of "WAR".

Yep. This is why the earlier poster felt compelled to lecture with airs of authority that Obama had no responsibility beyond "declaration of war". Those who do understand tend to shrug their shoulders and ask in feigned earnestness; "What are ya gonna do?", and those who don't understand feel compelled to instruct the rest of us on how things really work.

edit on 7-2-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Attitude, eh?

Yes, Obama needs congress's approval before war can be formally declared. And yes, Obama can invade for 60 days under the guise of "police action" before congress can demand a withdrawal. That changes nothing...

That doesn't change the fact that Obama isn't personally responsible for every (or any) of the civilian casualties incurred by drone strikes.

Once again, its not the presidents job to preside over tactical warfare. Strategic, maybe. Declaring formal war, definitely. Killing civilians... no.

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yes, Obama needs congress's approval before war can be formally declared.

No, only Congress can declare war. Not a President needs Congressional approval before declaring war, only Congress can declare war. There is a huge difference.

That doesn't change the fact that Obama isn't personally responsible for every (or any) of the civilian casualties incurred by drone strikes.

Yes he is personally responsible, this is why he is the Commander-in-Chief. Without that responsibility, the title means nothing.

Once again, its not the presidents job to preside over tactical warfare. Strategic, maybe. Declaring formal war, definitely. Killing civilians... no.

Once again you are just plain wrong and have no clue what the Constitution actually states regarding this and how important that document is in determining who is responsible for what.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

---- No need for this ----
edit on 8-2-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Sigh.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Loving people don't often murder each other.

Jus' Sayin.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I can no longer look at the American president when he speaks - the soulless look from his eyes just unnerves me too much. I listen to his words and the lies are soooo obvious...it's not just a bunch a people in a room somewhere making decisions...he actually stumbles and cannot find the words just before that line. The reason he stumbles is because he has to veil the lie to make it believable ...the truth is ....it is just a bunch of people in a room somewhere making decisions.

Every death of a Child demeans us as a global society - more so it shows that we are less human and more evil with every death of a Child.

The Young man in another thread who took the brunt of something deadly with horrific damage to his face - well to him and the little girl at the end of the video clip at the top of this thread I say to you both;

Your pain humbles me and I am in awe of the magnitude of your Spirit. You are an example of what true Spiritual courage is all about...whether you live through your pain or you die - your Spirit is untouchable and by the virtue of memory and reverence your human image is etched in my conscience - so that I will not forget your plight and thus I will be stronger because of you - I will be stronger because of you - I will be stronger because of you.

Much Peace...to all those who face war and bombs on a daily basis...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There's no reason they can't put together drones with ultra violet or infra red lasers and kill them with that.

Nobody would see it.....just people start dropping dead.

They're only doing it ugly style because they want a war started to kickstart the economy. A big war.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
Obama might be the commander in chief, but he is certainly not personally responsible for all of these civilian deaths, and is even more certainly not a "psychopath".

I know what you are saying & so it can count for Hitler.

And, yes, i know - I am not standing up for Hitler, but..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join