It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Girl Killed by Obama: She "never saw it coming"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Bad video. No proof of where those statistics came from. This is a play on emotions. It's your country that kills everywhere around the world. It's your people who murder thousands every year in your own country.
It's time to take responsibility. The majority of the population is too hooked on crack, smack and pot, and no one really give a crap about what's going on anywhere, other than in there own living room.
Then there's the people like you who chime up and point the finger at the guy in the chair. Your nation has thrived on violence, death, guns and money for hundreds of years. I bet you all support the guns aye! And the freedom and the 'constitution'.

But in reality if we all weren't being spoon fed depressants in every manner of consumption we'd kill each other like a pack of mongrel tribesman.

It's funny how we all think we are innocent.
edit on 8/2/12 by spearhead because: toad

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Yay! Someone who knows what they're talking about.

------

But back to the OP. The USA really needs to stop killing people. Drone attacks even further dehumanize the killing to the person doing it. This is sad, they will probably start using drones on us soon enough

It's something straight out of a dystopian nightmare novel.
edit on 2/8/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

While I agree with the general sentiment in your post - statistics - bad video!!! What kind of comments are they - the image of a Child killed during war is a stark reminder that innocents are being killed for no real reason.

With the death of every Child our global society is demeaned. One Child killed in war is one too many - so statistics mean nothing to me - statistics are for people who have been trained to look at what they are reading and not looking into what they are reading.

Bad video - the only reason it is a bad video is because it should not be needed - but - unfortunately we are on this planet to learn and people need to see and keep seeing the evils of war until they wake up.

I just hope the populous who are yet to awaken are at least starting to rouse.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

You should say it's a fact of war for profiteering corporations and banking intreasts! Anyone whom supports these actions is responsable including Obama! When will americans realize who the real terrorist are?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So Obama is the first President to have ever had civilian casualties in a war?

Well damn that is news to me...it happens, it's war....name one President without civilian casualties and I will give you 100 thousand dollars of my own money.

How the hell is Obama personally responsible for this....should it not be the operators...I doubt Obama specifically said...shoot the kid...NOW. Mistakes happen....so stop spreading your right wing BS trying to make it sound like he is personally responsible for this or that he is the only President to have had this happen under him.

Oh my god...if we go by your logic...Bush Jr. is personally responsible for Pat Tilllman's death...an American.
edit on 8-2-2012 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this thread. I don't support many of the President's policies, but he can't be blamed for everything. Yes, innocent people get hurt during attacks. Contrary to popular thoughts, they don't target a person in the middle of a field, they target them as soon as they know where they are. Any where; at home, work or traveling... It doesn't matter. Also, you have to consider the source. The Afghan in the interview said that he lost both legs and an eye. That they were just sitting there eating. If you notice when the interview ends, he has both eyes. What else they don't tell you is WHO he was eating with. WHAT he had done before. or WHERE he was... Was he an insugent that was hit? Was he in a group of known leaders? Everything is biased. You posted interesting numbers, where did you get them? Were you also able to find out how many civilians die and get injured due to suicide bombers and IED's? Or deaths from them trying to pressure a local leader to their side by killing children? No, that stuff doesn't get posted or talked about. They don't want you to know that part.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

Attitude, eh?
snip

That doesn't change the fact that Obama isn't personally responsible for every (or any) of the civilian casualties incurred by drone strikes.
snip

I guess I forgot that the buck never stops at Obama. When something fails or goes wrong it's always someone elses fault.
I am so sick of the excuses made for this man. As Commander and Chief of the Armed forces he is directly responsible for the deaths occurring from military actions he authorizes, whether he is man enough to admit it or not.
edit on 2/8/2012 by Sparky63 because: syntax & Spelling

Obama didn't seem to have any problem taking credit for killing Osama bin Laden, even though he didn't personally pull the trigger.
edit on 2/8/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A president, especially a war time president, has to be willing to live with the blood of innocent people on his hands. Such is the screwed up world in which we live. No amount of spin, blaming others, or ceremonial hand washing will cleanse the blood from their hands.
Lets all just be honest enough to admit the harsh reality of the world we live in. Like it or not, we live in a era of violence and bloodshed.
edit on 2/8/2012 by Sparky63 because: Spelling...always spelling! *&^&%$#%$@

I guess most of us can be glad that we won life's lottery and weren't born in Afghanistan, Pakistan, or some other third world country. My biggest problem so far today was that someone didn't make the coffee at work and I had to do it myself. Not trying to be flippant, All this could change at the drop of a hat and I could be the one grieving over the death of one of my children form some pilotless drone. The way things are shaping up in this country it is not as far fetched as some think.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Obama didn't seem to have any problem taking credit for killing Osama bin Laden, even though he didn't personally pull the trigger.

Well actually, he sort of did. He is the one who made the decision to send the special forces into Pakistan with about a 55% certainty that the target was actually the Wizard himself.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

That is ....if you believe the official story, Personally, I have serious doubts about the whole Bin Laden assassination story. but that is the subject for a different thread.
I contend that Obama, as well as any other President, has to be held responsible for the death of innocent people due to military decisions they authorize.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Another Obama hate thread.....

Geezzz!!!!!

Opinions, Opinions, Opinions.......

Intertaining though. What do they make these soap boxes of these days!!!!!

Lol!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So...if we are considered terrorists for such a simple act as paying with cash or using an IP protector, does that mean we can expect drones to descend upon the American populace too?

Can I expect to look in the paper and see that a daycare was torn apart after a frantic civilian tried to escape drone fire?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Another Obama hate thread.....

Geezzz!!!!!

Opinions, Opinions, Opinions.......

Intertaining though. What do they make these soap boxes of these days!!!!!

Lol!!!!

LOL Thanks for sharing your opinion. Isn't is great that we all get to do so with relative freedom? One thing that is great about this site is if you don't like the subject of a particular thread you can go and start your own.
Personally I am no good at starting threads so I mainly just lurk until I find something that sparks my interest or curiosity. If it weren't for opinions this site wouldn't exist....That is of course, just my opinion. Coming down off my soap box now.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by goldcoin
Win the Nobel Peace Prize

-Bomb Libya
-Kill Americans without trial via drones
-Arrest Americans indefinitely without trial

Vote Obama 2012

-Bomb Iran.
-Continue to kill Americans without trial via drones.
-Not repeal the bill that allows the arrest of Americans indefinitely without trial.

Vote Romney 2012.

-Bomb the Federal Reserve
-Save Americans
-Arrest actual criminals

Vote Ron Paul 2012

edit on 2/8/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It is interesting that you yourself do not share with us what you would have done had you been a USA president. People always judge without actually knowing anything about what they talk about.

Hell, you can't even stop the crimes in your neighborhood and city and yet here you are pointing a finger when the other nine are pointing at you.

Quit being a diva and discuss things that will add value to people's lives especially around where you live

edit on 8-2-2012 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Hahaha. Very true and i enjoy these freedoms. Dont get me wrong, i love reading the opions on this site and have at times expressed my own opinion. ( climbes up on soap box) ahhhemmm.... Sureeeee!!! ( steps down off soap box, kicks it back into the corner.) i love this site. No harm no foul!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Obama might be the commander in chief, but he is certainly not personally responsible for all of these civilian deaths, and is even more certainly not a "psychopath".

Its not Obama's job to make military decisions beyond declaring war. A lot of the time, when missles are flying and commanders are directing from above, things go awry. Not that this justifies killing civilians, but Its simply a fact of warfare.

Take General Macarthur's command decisions during the Korean war, for instance. Despite being told on multiple occasions not to cross the 38th parallel, and not to attack into Manchuria or the Soviet Union, he defied orders and the US army did both these things.

Of course, Truman removed him from command. But, theres only so many times the US can fire its ranking military commanders before theres nothing left...

Anyways, its easy to blame Obama for all of this stuff. In effect, thats his job, being the figurehead of the state. But we should at least recognize this isn't a new phenomenon. Post-war presidents have all presided over military conflicts where civilians have been killed, to some extent. And same went for Britain, when it was top dog... and so on.

I completely agree with you.

The same people that call him a puppet are the same that call him a mass murderer?

I am not for all of the war we wage however money and time have both shown a dialing down of our military not an uptick.

I don't agree with unmanned drones. I don't agree with civilian deaths. I don't agree Obama should have gotten a peace prize until he deserved it. I also don't agree with the assessment that this is Obama's fault and that he is a bloodthirsty mass murderer.

He has had plenty of time to prove he was "evil" and has fallen so damn short he makes Bush look like the anti-christ.

Also which is it? Does Obama love Muslims or does he want to kill them all? You have to pick one.

Politics have corrupted even the smartest of brains. People throw common sense out the door.
edit on 2/8/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Agree with everything you stated! Besides i know obama doesnt have the training to pilot a drone!!! Lol

Second line!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Obama might be the commander in chief, but he is certainly not personally responsible for all of these civilian deaths, and is even more certainly not a "psychopath".

Fine, but you must never speak of obumer "killing osama" again.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ping9

Fine, but you must never speak of obumer "killing osama" again.

Well if you remember, he actually ran that mission. Remember? He gave the go ahead? Remember that? The video of the room with all of the agencies as he helped run the mission?

Of course not. Ignorance is bliss eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join