It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay-Z is Nicki Minaj?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Came across this topic today and thought it was amusing/interesting...
So when you slow down Nicki Minaj rapping she sounds exactly like jay z.
And when you speed up jay z rapping he sounds exactly like Nicki Minaj.
This is very weird, the voice, flow, accent etc. Are all the same...

There is a snippet here about it...
www.vice.com...

"I have no idea what this means in terms of the Illuminati..."

Also, here is a clip of jay z sped up....sound familiar?

And here, Nicki Minaj slowed down...hmmm

I'm wondering what people's theories are on this?
I think it is a stretch to think this is a big coincidense...
Anyways, let the fun begin!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
should compare these 2, to a bunch of other artists and see if there is a bigger conspiracy.
that would be crazy if all of their recordings were from the same place.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChakaBoy

Sounds exactly the same, which is a bit more then coincidence.
Makes sense Jay z would do something like that; he is a smart business man and knows how to capitalize on the market..
I think this is great because it proves minaj is not a musician, only a product.
Not that anyone with taste actually thought she was a musician.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Honestly....who cares...I don't think either of them actually qualify as "making music".

They both suck.

Of course, that's just my opinion, but I have been in the music industry for the well over a decade, and have shared the stage with some big named bands, so I do know a little bit about music.

Give me a few minutes and a bunch of different voices, and I'll make them all sound the same.
edit on 6-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You put up a video of Jay-Z sped up.

You put up a video of Nicki Minaj slowed down.

As I have no idea what either of them sound like at regular speed I can't make any comparison.

You should have thought to add video clips of each of them at regular speed which can be compared with the altered speed videos.

edit on 6-2-2012 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As someone who (yep that's right) is a fan of both artists, neither of those recordings sound like the artists do in real life. Yeah it's believable if you've never actually listened to either artists "music". Plus with just the right electronic equipment, a person can make their voice sound like just about anything.
A lot of rappers have that same accent. In fact, a lot of people have that same accent.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Its actually crazy how much minaj slowed down sounds like Jay z

Jay Z sped up doesnt sound 100% like Minaj but that slowed down one freaked me out a lil, the only thing I can see against it is those lips Jay z has lol, must be very hard to hide

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I expected this to be pure foolishness.

But I must admit, from the two videos provided, they do sound strikingly similar, and I have a good ear for voices.

Could just be manipulated to support someone's conjecture, but it is definitely weird.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would just like to add that these clips have only been sped up and slowed down.
No other audio manipulations have been applied that I am aware of.
Pretty uncanny!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Motorhead

Here are their regular voices.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I used Jay-Z's song "Glory" and sped it up using Audacity. Then I asked my 14 year old daughter if she knew who was signing. She said "That's Nicki Minaj but she's signing someone else's song, I think it's Jay-Z's"

lol

edit on 6-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I would just like to add that these clips have only been sped up and slowed down.

All it takes to make two voices sound alike is to change the speed of the recordings until the pitches are the same. It's easy to do, and takes only a couple minutes. It means absolutely nothing. Nothing to see (or hear) here, other than untalented, preformated "fake" music.

I have been a sound engineer for many years, have alot of experience recording, and have created similar effects before. This is nothing but sound manipulation.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

I used Jay-Z's song "Glory" and sped it up using Audacity. Then I asked my 14 year old daughter if she knew who was signing. She said "That's Nicki Minaj but she's signing someone else's song, I think it's Jay-Z's"

lol

edit on 6-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

Brilliant! Did she believe you when you told her or did she doubt?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I have been a sound engineer for many years, have alot of experience recording, and have created similar effects before. This is nothing but sound manipulation.

That's The whole point of the thread

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I showed her the Audacity files.. I used Glory, sped it up and Superbase and slowed it down.. she was in aww and doesn't know what to think LMAO

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Fair enough, so you are saying you can make any two people sound exactly alike by changing the speed so the pitch matches? This I doubt very much.
Make Gwen Stefani sound exactly like Kurt Cobain by changing only the speed and I will retract my statement and bow down to you sir.
Maybe because you dislike the artists it leaves you unable to recognize the subtle nuances in each of their styles that match almost exactly, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Sounding alike, and being done by the same person are two different things. The voices may sound similar, but there are obvious differences that stand out like a sore thumb. Although the pitches are nearly the same, the tone and clarity are a dead giveaway that they are NOT the same person....I'm really surprised that anyone hears them and thinks they are. They don't even sound close to me. Of course, I deal with sound daily, and my ears pick up on little things that many others may not notice.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChakaBoy
reply to post by isyeye

Fair enough, so you are saying you can make any two people sound exactly alike by changing the speed so the pitch matches? This I doubt very much.
Make Gwen Stefani sound exactly like Kurt Cobain by changing only the speed and I will retract my statement and bow down to you sir.
Maybe because you dislike the artists it leaves you unable to recognize the subtle nuances in each of their styles that match almost exactly, I don't know.

If I was at my studio at the moment, your challenge would be quite easy. I may dislike both the artist, but that doesn't factor into my opinion about the sound. Listen closely to nearly any female voice slowed down and it will sound like a man.....and as for nuances in style, probably 90% of all rap music uses the same style. Of course there's good odds that they will match up well. That's part of why I don't like much music in that genre. Too much of it sounds the same, and there are only a few artist that really stand out.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Want me to kill it?
Like every other man that's not white have done before him, jay-z is preforming a ritual in their eyes.
They need to see how well he can deceive people. Can he sell them "stories" "keep them asleep" and most importantly, Can you do it in a dress?
So jay z might have thought up this idea, I just rap and then I have some bitch lipsync that #, cuz i aint wearing no #ing dress.

Or we can have the sheep-story: It's mixing and what ever.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Toot your own horn a little more will you? Haha all joking aside
I have been listening to rap music nearly my whole life, and in comparison, these two sound so much alike it is very eerie

Two options play out in my mind at the moment
1. This is a coincidence and is common that they sound so alike.
Or
2. Jay z writes and records all of Nicki Minaj's music secretly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join