It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "I deserve a second term"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes it does. The Superbowl is an event. People that don't even follow football tune into this game. It needn't be tarnished by an OBVIOUS political promotion. If they had stuck to football I wouldn't have a problem. This was the network giving Obama face time to promote himself.

Get a hold of yourself man. No one canceled the Superbowl or anything for Obama.Yah, a lot of people watch it. So? Like I said, get over yourself. Your stupid football games are not the center of the universe.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Yes and talked about football. Not a mocked up campaign commercial. That's exactly what this was.

Outkast is right. I had no idea this was going on until ATS members got indignant about it. I fail to see where your anger towards this comes from.

As you 2 are obviously not football fans, by your own admission, why do you have an opinion on this? Because it's Obama? Well I worship at the altar of the NFL and I AM and have a stake in this game. It's not for political grandstanding.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I never claimed everyone is better off...you implied that no one was. I was just providing a counter example.

Like it or not...the numbers are moving in the right direction. Obama had to pull us out of a nose dive...if you don't admit that we were already in free fall when he took office...well then you just aren't being honest. We are no where near "good" yet...but we are heading in the right direction.

Even most Republicans admit this...that is why they have shifted rhetoric from "Obama is causing the economy to decline" to "The economy is recovering despite Obama's policies" or "Obama's policies have delayed this recovery that should have happened 3 years ago".

Tell me...do you subscribe to one of those thoughts?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

But he did pretty good with foreign policy

lmfao

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

As you 2 are obviously not football fans, by your own admission, why do you have an opinion on this? Because it's Obama? Well I worship at the altar of the NFL and I AM and have a stake in this game. It's not for political grandstanding.

Exactly! Since some people are football fans and some people are not, the world should bow down to the ones that are! Perfect sense!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm a huge football fan...but I didn't watch any of the pre-game coverage because I am not a big fan of the Giants or the Patriots. I cheered for the Giants because I can't stand Brady.

All I am saying is that this is no different than any other President doing an interview before the Super Bowl. It was the stations decision to make. I just don't see the outrage in it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Here is Bush in 2004...talking politics and football

Sorry, calling BS on that one. The only politics he talked about there was his desire to have steroids out of sports. RELATED. It wasn't a network endorsement for "I deserve another term" crap. You need to Google better.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You can call BS all you like...he did talk about non Super Bowl topics.

Do you think Obama provided the content of the interview...do you think he supplied the topics and the questions that he was going to answer?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

lol
smell the entitlement.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I Have To Totally Agree With You On This,,,, For Super Bowel Sunday is Our Day To Watch T.V. With Out Hear Or Seeing Oboma.
If They Wanted To Advertise Some Thing For America About Obama,,,This Should Have Been Seen On The Big, Big Screen,,, Not as Good As The NFL But It Would Have Made My Day!!!!!!!

edit on 6-2-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What i subscribe to is Government lies and their creative accounting practices to make anything appear "good" the street shows a different reality..

What i know is Government spending is insane its constant meddling and spending and its near sighted short term outlooks.

We have a 15 trillion dollar debt over 120 trillion of promises made than can never be kept and they constantly tax the bloody rich when the majority are consuming more than they are producing.

This nation is on its death bed and a massive paradigm shift of thinking has to change for this nation to survive because as they years progress there is coming a day soon that Americans are going to have to pay for the last 3 years.

Another 4 years of Obama the national debt will be over 20 trillion dollars and those programs for people will cost more than they already do because people age they get sick and that increases that cost.

Neither Right or Left has said anything remotely and neither one can see the forrest for the trees the forrest of sheer stupidity.

Put the last nail of the coffin with 4 more years of hope and change there is no coming back
edit on 6-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Do you think Obama provided the content of the interview...do you think he supplied the topics and the questions that he was going to answer?

I could answer that, you wouldn't like it but I am not the subject of this thread. It was promotion, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He deserves everything the Karmic Hammer (pun intended) has in store for him.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
maybe he deserves that second term just as much as he deserved the Nobel Peace Price.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

No. He does not deserve a 2nd term. He broke every promise he made to the detriment of the people of this nation. And before I'm singled out as a Obama hater let me tell you I've despised every President after JFK.

We've been duped again people and the idea of another 4 years of an Obama or Romney or Gingrich chills me to the bone. Demopublicans or Republicrats thats what we got. No difference no change just more spiraling down to the depths of hopelessness.

What we need is austerity and pragmatism to pull us out of the funk not business as usual in that 14 square miles surrounded by reality called D.C.

Regards and Peace in 2012.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Obama: "I deserve a second term",

No .. you don't. But you'll get it because the republicans have put nobody up.

Originally posted by intrepid
bet he didn't even have to pay for the coverage.

Isn't Matt Lauer NBC? They just LUV Obama. I'm sure you are right.

Gotta' go with INTREPID on this one. Wish the politicians would keep their mugs away from the sporting events. Here in Philadelphia be BOOOOOOOO at ANY politician that shows up to the games and gets their mugs on the big screen ... drop the puck ... throw the pitch .... . Doesn't matter if it's Sarah Palin or Joe Biden or whoever. I'm not a football person, but I totally understand. If I had seen his ugamug during the Stanley Cup playoffs I'd be frosted .....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What if I were to say this?"You are not an American...Why do YOU have an opinion on this?" See how stupid that sounds? Are you serious right now? Whether or not they are football fans is irrelevant. They could just as easily ask why you have an opinion on this since you are NOT FROM THE US....

American football and American politics, yet you as a Canadian still have an opinion. Theirs is just as important as yours, so quit trying to downplay their opinion. THEIR OPINION MATTERS JUST AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSES!!! Get it?

Give me a break.

I happen to agree with Outkast on this one. He is a politician. He was interviewed and he said what he said. Other presidents are interviewed during the Super Bowl and they say what they say.

It's a non issue and you seem to be really bothered by it. The president said he thinks he deserves another term in an interview, during campaign season,before the Super Bowl...Not a big deal.

If the Presidential interview before the Super Bowl bothers you that much... Don't watch it. Problem solved.

And if you are really that worried about your "stake in this game", allow me to assure you, the Presidents interview has never and will never effect the outcome of a football game.
edit on 6-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

American politics = relates to the rest of the world. Superbowl = relates to the rest of the world. Do you want stats on the first? Ask an Iraqi. Want stats on the second? I can find the worldwide viewership on the Superbowl. Your point is lost on me? Or are you just telling non Americans to shut up?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

American politics = relates to the rest of the world. Superbowl = relates to the rest of the world. Do you want stats on the first? Ask an Iraqi. Want stats on the second? I can find the worldwide viewership on the Superbowl. Your point is lost on me? Or are you just telling non Americans to shut up?

There is no way my post went that far over your head. Did you miss the part where I asked how stupid it sounds to imply that Non Americans should not have an opinion? Apparently so.

I am saying that it is equally stupid to imply that non football fans opinions are irrelevant. That point is pretty clear. It's stupid to imply that Non Americans should not have an opinion and it's stupid to imply that non football fans should not have an opinion.

So why are you trying to downplay their opinion? Why are you asking them why they have an opinion? Their opinion matters as much as everyone else...

Let me simplify it for you, since it went over your head.

You said this:

As you 2 are obviously not football fans, by your own admission, why do you have an opinion on this?

This implies that they should not have an opinion if they do not like football.

My saying that they could easily say that you should not have an opinion on American Sports and Politics because you are from Canada is just as silly as what you said....

So why say such a dumb thing to them? Their opinion counts too.

You of all people know damn well I welcome all opinions.... I am trying to tell you to quit disregarding peoples opinions for silly reasons... Or in your words, trying to tell people to shut up.

It's frustrating when some one tells you that your opinion does not count for such a silly reason, isn't it?

edit on 6-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah Lauer is NBC which is owned by Ge and Obamas job czar is Immelt which means it was nothing but pure propaganda from the Obama News Network.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join