It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Bowl is nothing more than Circus and Bread for the ignorant masses...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
reply to post by reficul

lol just ignore him, sometimes silence is your best weapon against those who seek attention

Says the all knowing Yoda.

Make sure to keep those swords sharp. You never know when you or your kids will need to slay a Jabberwocky.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by pityocamptes

i'm with you friend,what a waste of time! (not mine!)did ya see the commercials?did ya see the half time show? did ya see the pre game show? did ya get drunk out of yer face? did ya get corraled like the rest of the sheeple?
did you use your brain!?
did you see the football players standing around doing nothing for 10 min. at a time?
did you make sure your kids were loved and safe? did you think about the plight of your country,or the world,or the people starving around the world? DID YOU EVEN THINK??????
stupid game anyway,deserves its fans!
nice post,thank you!

If somebody wants to watch t.v. drink beer and cheer on their favorite team let 'em, what difference does it make to you? I'll tell you what difference.....none.
Too many snooty cooks make a sour broth.
Too many holier than thou cooks make a tasteless miserable stew.
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

I think what they meant is that we put more value and emphasis on entertaining diversions than protecting our liberties and rights. No one is faulting football or the enjoyment of it. But, if we are only armchair warriors, then we've lost the ability to defend (from internal and outside influences) and uphold the country that was fought for and given to us.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I spend my days six days sometimes seven studying for school. Whats wrong with one night of football, gambling (which i won $20
) drinking a couple beers, and getting roudy with your buddies? sure you could be doing more important things but sometimes you gotta just sit back, relax, grab some budlight and let the good times roll

Playing football in highschool ive always loved the game and see nothing wrong with it

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
So, sad, its Rome all over again. I spend my time in a more meaningful manner...

That manner should include polishing up that ego! Sound like an extremely boorish person that does not know how to have fun with friends. Friends, you know the meaningless people you meet that seem to enjoy the same meaningless things that you enjoy therefore becoming meaningful.

I had an extremely good time on SBS. Great time to bring family and friends, young and old together. Now looking forward to a meaningless March Madness!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I like football.

I enjoy watching it and playing it.

It's really become the American pass time.

I guess your argument is correct, but also i can like, and watch football and not be a part of the "ignorant masses".

Don't lump all your cookies in one basket.

That is ignorant.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Wow...Just because you would rather practice Harry Potter magic spells then watch sports of any kind doesn't give you the right to cast judgement on those of us that played and/or enjoy sports. This is a HUGE problem in this country. Too many fat kids, fat parents, and fat angry people behind keyboards.

We lack time with the family and events that started the great spirit we use to have in this country. If the superbowl is an excuse to get together with friends, family, women (lol), or whatever then let people enjoy it with this very short life we live....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You going to back that up or are you going to give me a lame one liner?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You going to back that up or are you going to give me a lame one liner?

That's exactly what you will get out of these two.
2nd

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Char-Lee

I don't recall gladiators getting paid 25 million.

Nope they just might get to live another day...my point as i am sure you know is there is a distinct need in many people to watch violence.

My biggest beef with it all is how I am treated as an outcast after there game everywhere i go, as i don't know who won could care less who fumbled etc.! They the followers are so fanatic that they cold shoulder anyone not in the loop and also there is hostility toward opposing team rooters all year not just at game time.

Why are people constantly looking to divide us. it is what lead to republican/ Democratic Red verses blue donkey/verses elephant and so much hate and anger...when will we let go this need!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Char-Lee

but football has all those cute cheerleaders!
what ever happened to good old mayan soccer when the losing team gets brutally murdered?

for some strange reason i chuckled at this statement

Yeah it was once a family thing, now it is for macho men to ogle near nude women in front of their kids and wives and wives have to pretend that's OK with them.

If people want sports...play don't watch, get you family together at the park and play together! Whole different things then idolizing YOUR team YOUR player!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
I like football.

I enjoy watching it and playing it.

It's really become the American pass time.

I guess your argument is correct, but also i can like, and watch football and not be a part of the "ignorant masses".

Don't lump all your cookies in one basket.

That is ignorant.

You said this so well...you LIKE football. most fans say LOVE...you play yourself, there is where the meaning of the game should come from, having fun not being just a worshiping fan and you don't sound like you feel those who are not idolizing a game are worthless outsiders.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yea, and thats why over 75% are BROKE after they leave... uh, huh...

www.wlwt.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Where was I the first time? Opening the doors for the Barbarians, Germanics...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

This is just as pathetic as the movie stars, singers, etc. who, with the exception of a small few, can't even put two words together, and have one brain cell bumping around in their gourd.

Funny how society holds these individuals up on a pedestal, children idolize them as gods, yet America ranks behind some of the other countries that VALUE A SOLID EDUCATION. These entertainment charlatans make money hand over fist, yet the true educators of our society get scraps... and we wonder why the IQ in Amerika is dropping... so yes, Circus and Bread for the masses who like to be entertained - have you not been entertained?
edit on 8-2-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

in my humble opinion sports fans are one of the most mind numbingly ignorant/arrogant/ brain dead audience of them all..

human race disgusts me

That's a real ignorant/arrogant statement right there. A 'humble opinion'?? More like a sweeping generalization from somebody who likes to look down their nose at people they deem inferior.

I'm no sports fan, but whatever my interests may be I don't have to look far to find somebody who thinks they're better than me, or doesn't like the way I look, the clothes I wear, what I drink or smoke. What I do with my time on this planet is my business....and that includes whether I like to enjoy watching sports or Star Wars.
Yoda my arse.

I also doubt the OP knows much about Roman society other than what he's watched on TV or in movies. Rome all over again? Were you there the first time?

edit on 6-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

you are 100% correct....

what you chose to do on this planet is your own business....hhmmm..

so what about those who choose to murder? or those who choose to rape?

they chose do be that way right?...who am i to try and stop them or set them right?

you have made a very typical human statement..."i do what i want, regardless of the consequences and how i affect those around me"

good one, my faith in this race has increased now...

i have no right, to tell you what to do, and when to do it...just as much as you have no right to try and bring me down on "your" level...

i have earned my way to the level of thinking that i have today...go ahead, and revel in the mud with the masses...after all

its your choice

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I agree with your statement friend, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that football is a big WASTE of time and human potential.

I wish mankind would be so enthusiastic over something more meaningful. Maybe if we put half as much energy into helping others as we do with sports this world wouldn't be so $hitty.
edit on 2/10/2012 by VerityPhantom because: Just felt like it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join