It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Bowl is nothing more than Circus and Bread for the ignorant masses...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

you will love this! i read the Qua'an! i study religion, i'm not muslim,or any other mainstream faith. i'm pagan.
but i like to learn so i can understand other humans. what did you do?

I gathered with my family, extended not just immediate. We cooked a meal together, shared a meal together, played some basketball, placed some wagers on the big game, watched the game, laughed, ate, and were happy. After the game we sat around and talked about various things, we played some board games, and I went to sleep later than I should have.

But I think you guys are right...it was such a waste of time.

edit on 6-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

...and you couldn't do this on any other day? Its sort of like Christmas, thats when people get together and enjoy the festivities - how about any other time?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes, and while I enjoy being an engineer, and starting my own company, the "jocks" that I seem from time to time are massive losers living in a yester world... so whats your point?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
olliemc84

I'm sensing a little angry redneck syndrome... relax, have fun and enjoy your day... gees

edit on 6-2-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

reply to post by pityocamptes

i'm with you friend,what a waste of time! (not mine!)did ya see the commercials?did ya see the half time show? did ya see the pre game show? did ya get drunk out of yer face? did ya get corraled like the rest of the sheeple?
did you use your brain!?
did you see the football players standing around doing nothing for 10 min. at a time?
did you make sure your kids were loved and safe? did you think about the plight of your country,or the world,or the people starving around the world? DID YOU EVEN THINK??????
stupid game anyway,deserves its fans!
nice post,thank you!

If somebody wants to watch t.v. drink beer and cheer on their favorite team let 'em, what difference does it make to you? I'll tell you what difference.....none.
Too many snooty cooks make a sour broth.
Too many holier than thou cooks make a tasteless miserable stew.
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Every year there is more violence associated with this fun that people will sometimes live and die for. Have you seen the latest research on what playing football does to the human brain..how sad that we need to have violent matches to root for and feel we are somehow part of one side or another.

Or a team that can be bought sold and moved... belongs to us..our city, and the players, our heroes only destroy their brains for millions of dollars...shallow way to keep the masses occupied identical to what was used by the Roman emperors to control the down trodden masses.

The game of football has been played since 1874. The first Super Bowl was played in 1967. This isn't a new phenomenon. So why don't you get off your high horse and get over yourself already.

I bet you were the kind of kid in high school that was picked on by all the jocks/football players.

I'm really starting to despise ATS and the stupid threads that get started by uptight citizens that like to relate modern times with times of antiquity. And also sick of hearing about how much better they are because of the way they raise their kids. My 3 year old son wore a Giants jersey all day yesterday and cheered for the Giants along with his family and had a blast. The way I see it, as long as he is happy, I am happy.

Yes, and while I enjoy being an engineer, and starting my own company, the "jocks" that I seem from time to time are massive losers living in a yester world... so whats your point?

So,you're an engineer?Get a grip dude.I guarentee you not all of those 'jocks" are massive losers now.And no,I wasn't one.You're attacking people for liking a friggin game.That's all it is and that's what most people who enjoy watching it see it as.My god,take a deep breath and relax.No need to get all pissy because you don't enjoy it.Live and let live,I say.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

sorry friend,your missing the point.(no pun intended) its a method of learning to control yourself,instead of wasting everyone around you with an automatic weopon. and for your information,most military conscripts around the world are issued a blade of some sort to go along with their guns. and your racist remark about muslims was uncalled for,
whitch shows the other members on ats your true feelings.
all this over a stupid football game? no wonder the rest of the world looks down on America with that attitude.
my children are trained in jeet koon du. harm no one,balance your soul,protect yourself.and we're the barbarians!
i'm scottish and i can weild a claymore pretty well.only if someone else threatens me or my own.
go take a deep breath,go shoot your football with your ak,or m16,then relax!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

friend respect and courage,for they do not know what they do.
AND FOR ALL YOU DAMN REDNECKS OUT THERE,GO PLAY RUGBY,THE REAL FOOTBALL!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I don't recall gladiators getting paid 25 million.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

weren't they slaves that had to earn their freedom by staying alive?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

sorry to let you down but my children do not sit around and play games all day.they practice english,math and learn what responsibilty means. they also practice weoponry with swords,knives,and hand to hand combat.

my kids learn the skills of survival,not violence.

Ok so you teach your kids about self control, not survival, like you stated in an earlier post. Got it.

more people care about some overpaid chunk 'o meat that can throw a ball then they do about child poverty in their own country!

How did you come up with that conclusion? If you knew what these players did for their community then you would understand why professional athletes have such a huge following.

Name me one modern military that still uses swords during war? And not the islamic radicals that chop heads off with them, they don't count.

How is what I said above in any way shape or form racist? Please answer that for me.

And after reviewing your profile, I have come to my conclusion that you are full of # about everything you say.

music.art,tattoos,reading(actual books!),world religion,magick,quantum physics,sound and light theory,cannabis,beer,language

That is the list of the stuff you like. Nowhere in that list do I see martial arts, your children, or swords. I do see weed and beer though, so that must make you so much better than football fans.

Yes, I am a redneck. Proud of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

you ever get hit with a baseball bat? or a hardball., or even a basketball? they are all weopons! ever had a soccer cleat to the head" i don't need a lecture. at least the weopons i use you train with,and have respect.nothing like breaking a mans shin,or his ribs with a bat! and if you tell me children are taught the correct way of using this stuff,
well remember me,and the correct way of my children using these 'tools'. use your head !

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by PageAlaCearl

you ever get hit with a baseball bat? or a hardball., or even a basketball? they are all weopons! ever had a soccer cleat to the head" i don't need a lecture. at least the weopons i use you train with,and have respect.nothing like breaking a mans shin,or his ribs with a bat! and if you tell me children are taught the correct way of using this stuff,
well remember me,and the correct way of my children using these 'tools'. use your head !

ahhh monday crazy quotes "i don't need a lecture. at least the weopons i use you train with,and have respect"

Too many weapons to the head? Cool bro to each his own you don't have to prove anything to me but I think a basketball will go flat before you can kill someone with it.

"nothing like breaking a mans shin,or his ribs with a bat!" - Yea that sounds way more fun than a beer, good food and an HD TV with a football game on.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

...and you couldn't do this on any other day? Its sort of like Christmas, thats when people get together and enjoy the festivities - how about any other time?

We do it most weekends...just so happens this time we watched the Super Bowl.

What do you have against people enjoying an event together?

I don't enjoy the Opera...for me it would be a waste of time...but I don't fault others that enjoy it and claim that what I do is more "meaningful".

It just makes you seem like an elitist arrogant fool.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

We do it most weekends...just so happens this time we watched the Super Bowl.

What do you have against people enjoying an event together?

I don't enjoy the Opera...for me it would be a waste of time...but I don't fault others that enjoy it and claim that what I do is more "meaningful".

It just makes you seem like an elitist arrogant fool.

Anyone teaching their young children the proper way to swing a sword is just a moron. I bet they show up on Sunday afternoons to their local medieval live action role playing game dressed as their favorite Dungeons & Dragons character.

Not that that is a problem. My problem is when they bash other peoples interests. And then don't want to listen to the people they are bashing try to defend themselves. Ignorant assholes.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Damn!!! You would think with some of the hard core, pro sport ra, ra, ra cro magnon men on here, that football, ie the Super Bowl was the alter of god! Relax people. Its just a game. Don't use the game as an excuse to get together with family and friends. Use the exuse of getting together as a family first and the game as a sub-note... Its like Christmas, I always here about the fantastic time of family and Christmas - uh, how about the other 364 days in the year? Are they not as fantastic?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Why do you feel that it is ok to try to tell people how to live their lives? Who do you think you are?

Getting together for the Super Bowl isn't an excuse. It is a family tradition. Just like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Daytona 500, World Series games...I can go on and on and on.

So please just shut up already. We get it. You don't like football.

Have you heard the phrase opinions are like assholes? Everyone has one, and they all stink.
edit on 6-2-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

uh, how about the other 364 days in the year? Are they not as fantastic?

Yeah because people don't have jobs or their own lives to live. Give me a break.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Why do you feel that it is ok to try to tell people how to live their lives? Who do you think you are?

Relax Ollie, enjoy yourself, whatever peels your potato...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

And again. I ask a question and you completely deflect it because it is just easier for you to do that.

You are impossible.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And again. I ask a question and you completely deflect it because it is just easier for you to do that.

You are impossible.

Who said I was telling people what to do? What I was saying was how I find it mind numbing that the masses enjoy being sucked into the age old Circus and Bread game. ...but if idolizing players of sports who make millions of dollars off the backs of the "slaves" is ok with you, hey thats fine... its funny (or sad) that sports idols, and music, and movies, etc. make more money in one season than most educated people do... it just shows you where the priorities of society lay...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Who are you to dictate how and when people should get together?

First off, football is only a few months out of the year to get together. There are other things that bring people together the rest of the year.

Just because your personal prefernce isn't a sport, doesn't give you a right to demean people who get together for that sport.

Just like you can't demean people who get together to play dungeons or dragons, to play mah jong,

Americans love football for a multitude of reasons: for one, people can play it as kids. It translates really well onto tv, which is why it ousted baseball. For three, it gives a community a sense of unity when they have a team.
Football offers a lot of strategy and variables, the odds, the players skills, the team's skills as a whole, the field they are playing in, injuries both previous and current.So unless a team is outrageous, the outcome is unpredictable.
not only does it give people uniformity as a community, the football players are from colleges, and people like to see how well individual players from colleges do.

Because of all the variables, each game is chance to start brand new for a team, the score isn't cumulative. So if your team plays a bad game, it doesn't mean they are out.

And all this gives people a lot to talk about, debate, give each other a hard time, the discussions are endless. Not only during the game, but for days afterwards.

you can have two people who have NOTHING in common, but if they both watch football, you have an instant two hour conversation

So I don't know why you are criticizing people for getting together on a sport that gives so much dialogue, good food and good times.Hell my bff and I support the biggest rivals, and the way we rag on each other the whole time is funny.

But since it is not under the conditions your Highness deems worthy, we better make tailgates illegal.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Wow, I can feel the love...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join