It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Bowl is nothing more than Circus and Bread for the ignorant masses...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So, sad, its Rome all over again. I spend my time in a more meaningful manner...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out to the ATS community.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
So, sad, its Rome all over again. I spend my time in a more meaningful manner...

I had fun got together with family and friends and had some great food. Circus and bread for the masses, what would you rather of had warcraft and mountain dew for the masses. Too each his own, don't whine about what other people do for fun especially when it doesn't affect you.
edit on 6-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

i'm with you friend,what a waste of time! (not mine!)did ya see the commercials?did ya see the half time show? did ya see the pre game show? did ya get drunk out of yer face? did ya get corraled like the rest of the sheeple?
did you use your brain!?
did you see the football players standing around doing nothing for 10 min. at a time?
did you make sure your kids were loved and safe? did you think about the plight of your country,or the world,or the people starving around the world? DID YOU EVEN THINK??????
stupid game anyway,deserves its fans!
nice post,thank you!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that because someone likes to watch a game of football they are "Ignorant"?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ah, another highly enlightened one! Glad you decided to share that nugget of wisdom with us lower folk.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yep time for C-Tzar to start up the games and quell the riots. You may be preaching to the choir here, but it's important to realize that there are actually millions of people to whom the Super Bowl is a big deal. Maybe the biggest thing to happen to them all year, despite everything that's happening around them. It's weird.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

i'm with you friend,what a waste of time! (not mine!)did ya see the commercials?did ya see the half time show? did ya see the pre game show? did ya get drunk out of yer face? did ya get corraled like the rest of the sheeple?
did you use your brain!?
did you see the football players standing around doing nothing for 10 min. at a time?
did you make sure your kids were loved and safe? did you think about the plight of your country,or the world,or the people starving around the world? DID YOU EVEN THINK??????
nice post,thank you!

If somebody wants to watch t.v. drink beer and cheer on their favorite team let 'em, what difference does it make to you? I'll tell you what difference.....none.
Too many snooty cooks make a sour broth.
Too many holier than thou cooks make a tasteless miserable stew.
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Let people enjoy their time how they want! Seriously, I enjoy the chance to sit and relax and enjoy a few beers while something's on tv...

And generally, it leads to more beer afterward.

Win win, bruh.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

are you chasing me???! its kinda exciting,i love a good debate!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Are you suggesting that because someone likes to watch a game of football they are "Ignorant"?

I would suggest that the same people would watch Gladiators kill each other again if they had the chance and the same people are fooled into team spirit in politics.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

As he sits playing video games....much worse can be said about those that spend hours on warcraft every day.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

did you use your brain!?
nice post,thank you!

If somebody wants to watch t.v. drink beer and cheer on their favorite team let 'em, what difference does it make to you? I'll tell you what difference.....none.
Too many snooty cooks make a sour broth.
Too many holier than thou cooks make a tasteless miserable stew.
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Every year there is more violence associated with this fun that people will sometimes live and die for. Have you seen the latest research on what playing football does to the human brain..how sad that we need to have violent matches to root for and feel we are somehow part of one side or another.

Or a team that can be bought sold and moved... belongs to us..our city, and the players, our heroes only destroy their brains for millions of dollars...shallow way to keep the masses occupied identical to what was used by the Roman emperors to control the down trodden masses.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Meh,I never understood the big deal about the super bowl.but I could careless that others enjoy watching it.Doesn't affect me in any way.I gave up watching pro football,too many damn commercials.I do however enjoy an occasional game now and again.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

sorry to let you down but my children do not sit around and play games all day.they practice english,math and learn what responsibilty means. they also practice weoponry with swords,knives,and hand to hand combat. yes they do have a video game console,but it is rarely used because believe it or not they prefer fresh air and the out doors.
does your 13 year old know how to snare and skin and gut a rabbit to eat,plus know how to cook it?
does your 11 year old know how to plant,maintain,and harvest a veggie garden?
or do they just know how to order from McDonalds?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What is even more disgusting is when a person can tell you the names of all the players for teams, current stats, what they love to eat, a$$ temp on the seat, etc. but cannot tell you one thing about current affairs, the state of the world, or piece together a coherent sentence that implies some sort of mental prowess...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

sorry to let you down but my children do not sit around and play games all day.they practice english,math and learn what responsibilty means. they also practice weoponry with swords,knives,and hand to hand combat. yes they do have a video game console,but it is rarely used because believe it or not they prefer fresh air and the out doors.
does your 13 year old know how to snare and skin and gut a rabbit to eat,plus know how to cook it?
does your 11 year old know how to plant,maintain,and harvest a veggie garden?
or do they just know how to order from McDonalds?

You give your kids sword and knives and your making fun of people that watch football? Don't have kids but if I did they would have soccer balls, baseballs and footballs instead of knives and swords.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

but football has all those cute cheerleaders!
what ever happened to good old mayan soccer when the losing team gets brutally murdered?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

And what did you spend your time on that was so very meaningful???

I only want to know so I can be as superior as you are....please educate me.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

my kids learn the skills of survival,not violence. we're canadian so we play hockey. we actually go outside to have fun! skateboarding,bike riding,hicking.and the last time i can recall,martial arts is an ART! plus my kids aren't fat either!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join