It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Bowl is nothing more than Circus and Bread for the ignorant masses...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

you will love this! i read the Qua'an! i study religion, i'm not muslim,or any other mainstream faith. i'm pagan.
but i like to learn so i can understand other humans. what did you do?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by pityocamptes
So, sad, its Rome all over again. I spend my time in a more meaningful manner...

And what did you spend your time on that was so very meaningful???

I only want to know so I can be as superior as you are....please educate me.

Peering into the deeper aspects of life - working on a car

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

i think we are out numbered her my friend! easier to hate than to understand!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

sorry to let you down but my children do not sit around and play games all day.they practice english,math and learn what responsibilty means. they also practice weoponry with swords,knives,and hand to hand combat. yes they do have a video game console,but it is rarely used because believe it or not they prefer fresh air and the out doors.
does your 13 year old know how to snare and skin and gut a rabbit to eat,plus know how to cook it?
does your 11 year old know how to plant,maintain,and harvest a veggie garden?
or do they just know how to order from McDonalds?

You give your kids sword and knives and your making fun of people that watch football? Don't have kids but if I did they would have soccer balls, baseballs and footballs instead of knives and swords.

Exactly, talk about irresponsible parenting...

Holier than thou schmucks belittling intelligent people for prefering to spend a weekend with friends and family on a day of sporting togetherness rather than taking their kids out to the nearest mountain to throw spears at the local wildlife. Fun times.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
So, sad, its Rome all over again. I spend my time in a more meaningful manner...

Do you log on to forum websites after every Super Bowl to bitch and complain about the same thing year in and year out?

I happened to have my family over to the house, made excellent food and took a break from the normal grind of life to just relax and take a breather.

Maybe you should just keep your opinions to yourself. 111 million people will disagree with you.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

nice! thats funny. i've done that enough myself. i guess the bottom line is i don't like football and i don't see what all the fuss is about!
hope yer car is ok!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

you will love this! i read the Qua'an! i study religion, i'm not muslim,or any other mainstream faith. i'm pagan.

I assume you meant "Qo'ran/Qu'ran" and not what you said.

What did I do?

I relaxed with my brother and waited for my female acquaintance to come home from work after spending weeks staring at computer screens reading and writing more than anyone should.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

no,this is my first bitch about foot ball online,and by the way,i was just reponding to another like minded person who
commented on the whole debackle. i couldn't care less if they shut the whole thing down,then it would leave more hours of mind numbing t.v. for people like you to absorb.
good luck!
peace

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

nice! thats funny. i've done that enough myself. i guess the bottom line is i don't like football and i don't see what all the fuss is about!
hope yer car is ok!

Hahahaha, same here - never got into sports, seems like a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I gathered with my family, extended not just immediate. We cooked a meal together, shared a meal together, played some basketball, placed some wagers on the big game, watched the game, laughed, ate, and were happy. After the game we sat around and talked about various things, we played some board games, and I went to sleep later than I should have.

But I think you guys are right...it was such a waste of time.

edit on 6-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

sorry typo! my bad! i enjoy the queen's english,but my keyboarding really sucks!!! thanks for the correction!
Qur'an! better?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

i'm with you friend,what a waste of time! (not mine!)did ya see the commercials?did ya see the half time show? did ya see the pre game show? did ya get drunk out of yer face? did ya get corraled like the rest of the sheeple?
did you use your brain!?
did you see the football players standing around doing nothing for 10 min. at a time?
did you make sure your kids were loved and safe? did you think about the plight of your country,or the world,or the people starving around the world? DID YOU EVEN THINK??????
stupid game anyway,deserves its fans!
nice post,thank you!

If somebody wants to watch t.v. drink beer and cheer on their favorite team let 'em, what difference does it make to you? I'll tell you what difference.....none.
Too many snooty cooks make a sour broth.
Too many holier than thou cooks make a tasteless miserable stew.
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Every year there is more violence associated with this fun that people will sometimes live and die for. Have you seen the latest research on what playing football does to the human brain..how sad that we need to have violent matches to root for and feel we are somehow part of one side or another.

Or a team that can be bought sold and moved... belongs to us..our city, and the players, our heroes only destroy their brains for millions of dollars...shallow way to keep the masses occupied identical to what was used by the Roman emperors to control the down trodden masses.

The game of football has been played since 1874. The first Super Bowl was played in 1967. This isn't a new phenomenon. So why don't you get off your high horse and get over yourself already.

I bet you were the kind of kid in high school that was picked on by all the jocks/football players.

I'm really starting to despise ATS and the stupid threads that get started by uptight citizens that like to relate modern times with times of antiquity. And also sick of hearing about how much better they are because of the way they raise their kids. My 3 year old son wore a Giants jersey all day yesterday and cheered for the Giants along with his family and had a blast. The way I see it, as long as he is happy, I am happy.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

no,this is my first bitch about foot ball online,and by the way,i was just reponding to another like minded person who
commented on the whole debackle. i couldn't care less if they shut the whole thing down,then it would leave more hours of mind numbing t.v. for people like you to absorb.
good luck!
peace

People like me?? You mean the majority of American households? I stand in good company then.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

well i think family time is truly important,and in regards to replies to my other posts,me and my kids don't go around killing animals all day long. we practice self defence. they are not even allowed to harm a bird or a squirrel!
but if we have to hunt a rabbit to eat(not so far....but maybe soon!) they know how!
glad you had a good time! i just don't like football!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

YA!!! go out for a walk! get some fresh air!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I played video games on my PC while having the game on at the same time.

I guess that makes me the Anti-Christ

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

are you getting jumped on as much as i am?! holy cow! no wonder this world is screwed up. more people care about some overpaid chunk 'o meat that can throw a ball then they do about child poverty in their own country!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

YA!!! go out for a walk! get some fresh air!

Dude you have no f**king idea as to who I am so shut your f**king mouth. Just because you were picked on by the jocks in high school doesn't mean you can bash loyal football fans. For your information I hunt/fish on average about 100 days a year through 3 states. I also played collegiate level football and baseball. Now I have a 3 year old son who adores me and we take walks across the street from my house on a wildlife preserve. We also throw a ball around outside like normal American fathers and sons do. If I wanted to teach my kid survival skills, I would place him behind a rifle and teach him proper breathing techniques and the proper way to squeeze a trigger, not fight like Roman era soldiers with swords, lances and god knows what other instruments of death you keep in your house.

Oh yeah I reload all my own ammunition and tie my own flies using deer and squirrel hair that I go out in the woods and harvest myself. I also butcher my own meat and donate venison to food banks in my area.

So god forbid I take a few hours on a Sunday and watch a sport I grew up loving.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

they do have medication for your anger control issues.
ya 1000 years of japanese/scottish/franch/spanish.....swordsmanship was all a waste of time.
of coarse it was when i can you shoot you in the back at 100 yards! i don't need to look my opponent int the eyes when i fight.its easier to shoot him! ya i do all that outdoor stuff too,but for me it was how i was raised to survive.
not to win the bass fishing challenge and win the new boat.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

they do have medication for your anger control issues.
ya 1000 years of japanese/scottish/franch/spanish.....swordsmanship was all a waste of time.
of coarse it was when i can you shoot you in the back at 100 yards! i don't need to look my opponent int the eyes when i fight.its easier to shoot him! ya i do all that outdoor stuff too,but for me it was how i was raised to survive.
not to win the bass fishing challenge and win the new boat.

Yeah you ass but we live in the 21st century. I would LOVE to see you and your sword wielding family stand up against a mob of 20 hungry humans armed with AK47s at your doorstep. Get real, Highlander.

Did I say anything about a "bass fishing challenge"? Or winning a new boat? I don't remember typing that on my keyboard.

Now if you do some digging about me you will see that I have won some fishing tournaments. But that isn't respectable and that never crosses over to fishing for food or anything. As soon as the competition is over I can't catch a fish.

Name me one modern military that still uses swords during war? And not the islamic radicals that chop heads off with them, they don't count.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join